What's new

Sealed 6000w, Multi-flow, Daystar ac, Powerhouse, CO2

Kush Farmer

You have root aphids, I guarantee it. Just because you cant see them, doesn't mean they aren't there.

Unless you treat with a non-systemic chemical pesticide like Spectracide Triazicide, the leaf death will continue and the infected plants will be totally yellow before they mature.

Sorry, I know you dont want to believe this but....

In hydro? That is rare (not saying impossible). Unless they effect the rockwool they cannot colonize. It would be surprising if it's Aphids.

MrWeekend

I do have them. Found some last night......dug my hand real deep into the pot and pulled out some hydroton in the roots.....found the little fuckers crawling around.....were fucked.

Root Munchers

Root Munchers

I had a similar problem with the little black aphid bugs that cling to the roots, i was using 6" net pots inside 5 gal buckets found suprising amounts of them all over the roots. I just added Aza Max to the water and it took care of them and didnt notice any problems with the girls from it.

Kush Farmer

I do have them. Found some last night......dug my hand real deep into the pot and pulled out some hydroton in the roots.....found the little fuckers crawling around.....were fucked.

That blows!!! It's suprising that they were able to habitate in the hydroton. You must have masiive rootballs. Hate to be negative, but you can look for root rot to be the next issue.

DAMMIT! i'm running a couple of my THC clones this round too. now i'm scared as hell! can one see signs of root aphids in veg? (hope that's not a hijak)

MrWeekend

That blows!!! It's suprising that they were able to habitate in the hydroton. You must have masiive rootballs. Hate to be negative, but you can look for root rot to be the next issue.

Ive already been fighting brown algea, so hopefully the beni bacs with hold it off.

DAMMIT! i'm running a couple of my THC clones this round too. now i'm scared as hell! can one see signs of root aphids in veg? (hope that's not a hijak)

No problem........unusual yellowing.....I would treat them like you have them........wish I would have, would of saved me alot of problems.

if your still in veg you can do the imid treatment which will knock them out.....I believe the dose is around 4ml imid 1.4% per gallon of water

Hopefully I can still pull a decent harvest...The buds of my Haze Hybrid are right on course with were they should be at this time so hopefully I can control atleast that half of the room. I know they didnt have any from the beginning, so their infestation might be alittle more manageable.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SOrry to hear weekenders...

SG you can pull the plant from the pots and inspect the root mass really closely. Pull off a clump of roots, take it outside in good light and pick through. There may other bugs in their, like gnats or gnat larvae (which I have found before, and freaked), so google some good pics of RA to compare.

Kush Farmer

Ive already been fighting brown algea, so hopefully the beni bacs with hold it off.

I think we were discussing this earlier. One of the main, and only, drawbacks to system is the fact that 2.5 gallon buckets just aren't enough. This leads to getting rootbound. That isn't too major except that in this system it instantly causes root rot. You should still be able to eek out a harvest. If you can control the aphids then you should be ok. Is upgrading your pot size an option for you now? I know some tricks for transplanting them.

MrWeekend

:wallbash::blackeye:

Keep watching this is going to be like a slow motion train wreck.

Shit doesnt stop.......Now I just had the controller drain pump fail for 6hrs over night.....so the buckets/plants were full of water for 6hrs!.....water smells like a F*CKING porta potty! Root rot is on its way. Anyone have any suggestions? Im open to about anything at this point.

-Flushing with 7ml per gallon 35% h202
-Then going to put as much plant success soluble in the res possible.

with 30 some days left would it be better to try to run a sterile res? only problem is fighting the brown algae which is not affected my H202....& I dont want that stuff coming back.

well thanks for your time.....donations accepted @ [email protected]:)

dude i feel for you!

wish i knew more about these issues.

seems like ph'd water, h2o2, and/or physan 20 for some time. then slowly add the bene's back in? maybe being soaked in 'solution' for 6 hrs put a hurt on the RA's for a bit?

Kush Farmer

You are going to have to deal with each issue one at a time. Handle the RAs with pyretrum/neem combo. It may take up to two weeks but it will eliminate and prevent re infestation. Next is to make sure that it is in fact brown algae. If it is, get some Physan-20. It will knock that shit right out. Once those issues are dealt with, Hygrozyme should be safe to add again thus dealing with the root rot. That should put you right at time to flush. Remember that H2O2 is safe to mix with all of the above 'solutions' and will help to speed the process. Figure out what the f*ck caused the BA and rot. Hope this helps. And get some damn 3 gallon buckets already!!LOL

sharl

hey mr weekend, i decided to finally look at your journal! sorry youve been so racked with problems. sucks. after readin i checked for root aphids and luckily i didnt see any. plant are still dyin, one by one. some look good still though. our set ups are really similar so ive been curious how yours has been going after the treatments, but top algae off with freakin aphids...!! somewhere in the slime posts (pages 37-40) dr g talks about adding physan through the whole run. he reported back a few times and said it was working. two measurements mentioned:3mls for 30 gallons and 1/2 tsp per 50 gal. well, good luck. thanks for your help

mule420

I have the cap ebb n gro, I have yet to run it. So take this with a grain of salt... I intend to "add a spacer" between the inner and outer buckets using air stones. I ran dwc in 5 gallon buckets and the roots were almost fully submerged the whole grow, outstanding results using a couple air stones per bucket.

So if the water want's to sit in the ebb and grow buckets after my flood cycle at least it will have plenty of O2.

I also have a couple of air stones in both my flood trays so when the pump is cycling to fill the trays they bubble away when the tray is flooded.

I use air stones in all my rezs also, I'm kinda nuts on the airstones...

H2O2 adds extra O2 but only for a limited time before it becomes H2O...

:tiphat:

Kush Farmer

I have the cap ebb n gro, I have yet to run it. So take this with a grain of salt... I intend to "add a spacer" between the inner and outer buckets using air stones. I ran dwc in 5 gallon buckets and the roots were almost fully submerged the whole grow, outstanding results using a couple air stones per bucket.

So if the water want's to sit in the ebb and grow buckets after my flood cycle at least it will have plenty of O2.

I also have a couple of air stones in both my flood trays so when the pump is cycling to fill the trays they bubble away when the tray is flooded.

I use air stones in all my rezs also, I'm kinda nuts on the airstones...

H2O2 adds extra O2 but only for a limited time before it becomes H2O...

:tiphat:

Your best bet is to just use a piece of plywood to raise the buckets just above the contoller bucket. This will prevent the standing water you are talking about.