What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Scrub's PLL Coco Cupboard and Friends

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Thank you mate and talk about good timing. Had a great day, caught up with the fam!

Ditched the rotten TWxPD. I decided that I've been way over watering and will now go to much sparser waterings. All is looking great :good:

DSCF4918.JPG

DSCF4893.JPG

DSCF4897.JPG

And now I can pin this one wider to soak up the full width :cool:

DSCF4900.JPG

Still on 165w and veg nutes (will change soon). Those screen pics are pre-daily-training btw. Peace.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Is that last pic on a angle?? The light leans to the right.
That PK is filling the screen easy as, looking great bro, the middle pics give ya a great impression of how it's going. Inspiring stuff. I'm going to chop most of what I've got going @ the moment(or put outside) cause the bloody spidermites have come back with a vengance, they have mutated into twice the normal size black mongrels, the miticide I used has slowed them down to the point I thought I had got rid of the fuckers, but no the remaining eggs have hatched these mutant huge black fuckers, they were the normal two-spotted mite, not anymore, and they have taken over real quick. It sucks cause we have carpet and I now have to play Chemical Warfare with the whole house, I'll be fucked if I still have these fuckers when I get my tent and HPS setup going with expensive genetics, no way will they still be around.
Rant over.
Hope you are well broski.

HPS Dreaming

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Is that last pic on a angle?? The light leans to the right.

:biglaugh: Yeah I noticed the weirdness of that too! I just have a really extreme tilt on the shelf it's sitting on, haha.

Thanks for the comments man. I have these negative thoughts in the back of my head that one day I open the cupboard and it's wilting :/ but yeah, I try to stay positive. I got this on lock :cool:

Very sad to hear about the mites, damn. Have you considered that dry ice co2 treatment? (still got the link if ya need it) I know it seems like a nightmare but we get through it. Anything can be overcome. Well, in terms of mj pests anyway :) Maybe you could do that co2 treatment on your whole house? Seems pretty safe. Peace.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Here's a trippy ass idea I had today.

When the plant I was treating with CS got root rot, I was extra pissed because I just brewed up the sweetest CS brew ever. I thought about how silver sterilises. I thought about how the root rotted plant is infected inside with the pathogen. I thought about how CS is ionic silver.

I smoked a hit :yummy:

Then I got back to thinking about the CS. If I watered CS on a root rot infected plant, it would sterilise the medium, plus the plant could (would?) take it up through the roots. Thus wiping out the root rot inside the plant.

Then I smoked another hit and typed it up so what do you guys think about that? I was gonna try it but I didn't want to risk it.

Edit: I mean, normally that would fuck your plant I'd imagine, but I figured since it's sprayed with CS anyway....

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I would first try it on a throw away weed ;) I guess if the plant did survive the rot and the CS it would turn full male.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Indeed! Hey, there was one pk cut from the clones that never rooted but never died. It finally kicked out pretty healthy looking roots after 30 days!

The jiffy challenge is back on :)

mad librettist

Veteran
Here's a trippy ass idea I had today.

When the plant I was treating with CS got root rot, I was extra pissed because I just brewed up the sweetest CS brew ever. I thought about how silver sterilises. I thought about how the root rotted plant is infected inside with the pathogen. I thought about how CS is ionic silver.

I smoked a hit :yummy:

Then I got back to thinking about the CS. If I watered CS on a root rot infected plant, it would sterilise the medium, plus the plant could (would?) take it up through the roots. Thus wiping out the root rot inside the plant.

Then I smoked another hit and typed it up so what do you guys think about that? I was gonna try it but I didn't want to risk it.

Edit: I mean, normally that would fuck your plant I'd imagine, but I figured since it's sprayed with CS anyway....

sort of like the old cure for syphilis was mercury?

interesting... but I would sooner say that stress from the (toxic to plants) CS probably opened the plant up to root rot in the first place. Sort of the price you pay to get the result.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
I flew too close to the sun :( lol

This is my second failed attempt now! I do think it was mainly the over watering though but sure, weird shit happens with the cs. I suspect the h2o2 earlier on may have played a part too but that was a hella long time ago.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
..... um, no. You spray CS to make femmed seed, it's not high on my list of things to smoke. What do you propose is dangerous about h2o2? People drink it in case you didn't know. Breaks down to water and oxygen. Thank you for playing.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
..... um, no. You spray CS to make femmed seed, it's not high on my list of things to smoke. What do you propose is dangerous about h2o2? People drink it in case you didn't know. Breaks down to water and oxygen. Thank you for playing.

It also helps you get that really blond Ausie hair color ;)

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow - overwatering coco? i find that "water daily" does tend to make them a little soggy

are you straight coco?

just wondering why one would put h202 in during waterings? i know what people us cs for, just didn't know you could smoke the buds after using it. interesting.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
XM, that 'can't overwater coco' line is not dependable at all, I've found. There are a lot of cocos and a lot of grades of it. I can't say I truly have a handle on the coco watering aspect. I put any of my problems down to cheaping out and using "the regs" of coco, and not Canna. I'm using straight (1st use) cocotek red label brick for most of these plants but the Leda Uno and the big TW that I'm grooming for outdoors got potted into some oooooold ass coco which I grew the Pure in on the first cupboard run. When I got the Pure it was in a large pot of coco so old that it was like black dirt. I potted it into (then) new coco so it was a 50/50 mix. The coco was very strange, fine, and damp when I came to use it (sorta composted and lost it's tough lignin-ish structure).

I should've mixed perlite in for sure but the big TW at least is in the large net pot. Even so, I haven't watered it for like 5 days and it's still pretty heavy. Sorry that was so rambly, hope you make sense of it but yeah, my advice is if your head says it's too damp to need water, roll with it and hold off. I know some people water their coco many times per day by the way - I can only guess they use good coco or good DO in their system or something like that. (maybe h2o2 eh?). Also, the speed a plant is growing will influence the need for water as much as anything, so for me under my dinky fluoros and oversized pots, that issue is a factor.

MG420, see above. Coco is notoriously quirky when it comes to raising young plants - mainly because of the dampness. When the h2o2 breaks down it puts oxygen into your medium creating somewhat of an aerated medium.

It's also very efficient at killing bacteria etc, both good and bad, so reading up should be done before using. My internal jury is still out on that one because have you heard that saying that goes something like "everything is toxic, it just depends on the dose"? If I poured unmixed nutes on my plants, it would probably kill bacteria too, and certainly would kill the plant, but watered down it becomes useful. Same goes for h2o2 in my mind. I did give some very strong doses to those clones! Nothing was living in the jiffy peat in my opinion - clean, no slime. I backed off to a lighter rate that was still hugely beneficial to the watering situation and plant health/growth, and I noticed I started getting some algae growth on the jiffy pots. So I think somewhere around that rate is the sweet spot for those interested in not losing all their biology. (1ml/litre of 6% strength h2o2). I still have to experiment more rigorously though, it's just something that I thought about after I observed it.

BTW some growers do smoke CS treated plants of their own choice. There have been debate threads about it with no truly convincing decision about it (imo), but nevertheless, if you can grow, you can grow enough to smoke AND run the CS stuff beside it. No need to take risks like that.

Anyone ever eat diatomaceous earth? I'm going to try it. Thanks for reading & writing everyone. Peace.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
XM, that 'can't overwater coco' line is not dependable at all, I've found. There are a lot of cocos and a lot of grades of it. I can't say I truly have a handle on the coco watering aspect. I put any of my problems down to cheaping out and using "the regs" of coco, and not Canna. I'm using straight (1st use) cocotek red label brick for most of these plants but the Leda Uno and the big TW that I'm grooming for outdoors got potted into some oooooold ass coco which I grew the Pure in on the first cupboard run. When I got the Pure it was in a large pot of coco so old that it was like black dirt. I potted it into (then) new coco so it was a 50/50 mix. The coco was very strange, fine, and damp when I came to use it (sorta composted and lost it's tough lignin-ish structure).

ha ha, i thought that "you cant overwater it" was a kind of dangerous thing. once it breaks down, i can't see any reason why it wouldn't be just like any other decomposed organic matter.

yo man...i wish i had a scanner so i could show you exactly how to do that...but the basic theory is this (you're over-thinking :)):
the best plantings are accomplished over time b y placing a young plant over a picturesque rock and then planting the tree and rock together in a very deep pot made with slatted sides.
by removing soil slowly from the top surface, over time the roots will penetrate deeper and farther down below the rock. eventually, as the surface roots get large enough to be exposed to sunlight, a very striking planting will start to reveal itself.
Paddlepop sticks would be good for this. :gday:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Paddlepop sticks would be good for this. :gday:

I like the way you think. Welcome to ic :tiphat:

PK pre tuck:

DSCF4928.JPG
DSCF4934.JPG
DSCF4936.JPG

I watered it tonight (Tuesday night) so I'll count how long it is between waterings. I think it's like 4 or 5 days at this point. This watering was the first flower nutes, and I also top dressed 2 teaspoons of DE.

The PK that's blazing all other competitors in the jiffy challenge - last day of veg:

DSCF4942.JPG

Tent:

DSCF4945.JPG

I was seeing how far the t8s are effective from the canopy and, lol, let me just say it isn't far.

I drank DE about 7 hours ago, nothing has happened yet.

Anyone try this? Ganzfeld: Hack Your Brain the Legal Way

It seems to work, I tried it last night! Had to stop early but I started getting strange psychedelic glowing shit swirling around. Could have been the Trainwreck though ;)

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone try this? Ganzfeld: Hack Your Brain the Legal Way

It seems to work, I tried it last night! Had to stop early but I started getting strange psychedelic glowing shit swirling around. Could have been the Trainwreck though ;)

cool sensory deprivation. there was a movie about this in the 70's "altered states." i think i saw it but i dont remember

they did a thing w/ a sensory deprivation chamber where you floated in body temp salt water in the dark -no senses at all once you were acclimated - seems like he started getting caught up or what he envisioned was real or some shit

Latest posts

Latest posts