What's new

schrooms. A to Z

G

haha yea

u never know whos a cop until u see that stupid blue flash.

its not even a siren

its like
a club strobe

G

Nice danimal. :D

Be sure to post up a dry weight for those big log flushes please, can't wait to know. :)

G

Very interesting read. Dont leave us hangin. It seems we got two diff methods only half explained.

The Budfather

hey im going to be starting my own lil schroom grow soon i have everything rubbermaid pressure cooker spores mason jars perilite vermiculite 15 watt flouro heating pad and air pump with an airstone to sit at the bottm and pump moist air up which im not sure will work but it seems plausabl i was planning on making cakes i wasover at shroomery.org i was wondering what kind of grains could i use i was looking at rye flour which is available but im having trouble finding brown rice flour so basicaly what my two questions

are can i use rye flour as a grain or are there other subs and how long does it takefor me to go from innoculation to fruiting in semi decent conditions ?

G

Under near ideal conditions innoc>fruiting takes between 8-28 days from my experience.

I wouldn't use rye flour...I would either use brown rice flour ala pf-tek in half pints (try the mahatma brand of long grain brown rice at the grocery store...grind it up in a coffee grinder), rye grain or wild bird seed.

Last edited:
G

Im very interested in learning to do this. I dont understand a lot of the info I have read though if anybody can clarify the proccess of making the cakes I would appreciate it. Maybe like a step by step very detailed with pics. It seems the actual injection of the spores is not too hard the part I really dont understand is the adding perlite and stuff to the jars to make the cakes etc. Or is there an easier method?

G

JayRoach420 said:
those look delicious Blue. I could just eat em all up!

Thanks. I ate em all up. :D

Wiqid Juan said:
Im very interested in learning to do this. I dont understand a lot of the info I have read though if anybody can clarify the proccess of making the cakes I would appreciate it. Maybe like a step by step very detailed with pics. It seems the actual injection of the spores is not too hard the part I really dont understand is the adding perlite and stuff to the jars to make the cakes etc. Or is there an easier method?

A good step by step tek for beginners is the pf-tek for simple minds, found here:
http://www.fungifun.org/English/Pftek

Feel free to shoot any pms my way people, I enjoy helping.

G

great guide thx. I have only gotten to the part of putting the aluminum foil on and am already confused with this procedure.

It says "Take a 5inch(12cm) wide stripe of aluminium foil and fold it in the middle.
Put the foil over the opening of the jar as shown in the pictures. If you're using jars with metal lids, you can poke 4 holes at the very edge of each lid with a small nail and hammer and screw the lid on. The holes should be slightly bigger than the diameter of the syringe needle."

So do I put the lid on then the foil or the foil then the lid? Also it talks of a third layer of foil them makes reference to the lid is this considered the third layer or does one still need to be applied?

agent 420

my friend grew shrooms a few times a while ago. didn't get great results.

after reading this thread, i see there's alot he missed. I think its time I gave it a shot.

G

Wiqid Juan said:
great guide thx. I have only gotten to the part of putting the aluminum foil on and am already confused with this procedure.

It says "Take a 5inch(12cm) wide stripe of aluminium foil and fold it in the middle.
Put the foil over the opening of the jar as shown in the pictures. If you're using jars with metal lids, you can poke 4 holes at the very edge of each lid with a small nail and hammer and screw the lid on. The holes should be slightly bigger than the diameter of the syringe needle."

So do I put the lid on then the foil or the foil then the lid? Also it talks of a third layer of foil them makes reference to the lid is this considered the third layer or does one still need to be applied?

Two layers of foil, over top of the sealed glass jar with holes for innoculation points punched into the lid. To innoculate you remove the top layer of foil, poke the needle through the first layer of foil and holes in the lid and down into the substrate, depositing spores to germinate. Replace foil and keep between 78-84f until fully colonized.

Latest posts

Latest posts