What's new

schrooms. A to Z

issack

Veteran
we have mycilia growth!!!! yipeee....
about three more days and i will post pics of the injecting in finch seed...this will be enough to do about three grows....just put in the fridge and it stores for months

notice the ring around the water line...this is the sign of success..after the ring comes long mucus looking white strings in the solution....then it's ready to inject

issack

Veteran
Natty Natty.....thanks 4 stoppin by....to answer your question i have treasure coast growing...and will be updating very soon when the mycilia is ready...

cashcrop

quick question for you. Out of all those spores on thehawkseye.com, which ones would be good for a new grow that is concerned about ease...potency...and yield? Thanks man.

issack

Veteran
Treasure coast, pesa, cusomui,...any big flushing cubinsi...Treasure coast is the least contam resistant...i'd start with that

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I think im going to buy the book i saw at the grow shop last week tomorrow now, dammit, you got me hooked on wanting to try growing something else now, lol...., I really am looking forward to seeing this get going once the3 action starts.... I dont reckon Dg and Gypsy will mind this thread, after all, like you already said it comes under the category of ""Fun things to do when waiting for ur girls to bloom"" and so totally relevant lol.
Hiya natty, how are you hun, aint seen u around lately???
anyway, catch you all later ppl,
Be lucky now,
Harry

G

well this thread hasnt been updated in a while

issack where are you with ur grow?? me..im about 4 days away from fruiting my logs + or - we'll see

here's a sample pic of what they're lookin like

got 18 logs from 25lbs of spawn

G

o my god its you ronald mcdonald. i knew it was a wig & i knew someone wearin them big red shoes had to be a trippin mofo!!!

but seriously though that freakin log is insane man wow!!!!

G

squirrel master said:
o my god its you ronald mcdonald. i knew it was a wig & i knew someone wearin them big red shoes had to be a trippin mofo!!!

but seriously though that freakin log is insane man wow!!!!

rofl

well
i hate fast food
and i dont eat much meat

and im not white

but i am a trippin mofo

im birthing the logs on the 7th

G

the_danimal said:
3230DSC00278-SAFE-thumb.JPG

Damn dude! Thats a lot of substrate. :D

Wonder what kind of yield you get off all those logs?

PM me sometime. ;)

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
so, how exactly does that work...what is the "Log".....and how are you dong it....I think I lost a stage somewhere...

G

I am not the most experienced mushroom grower on here im sure, but I have a good understanding of mycology. Feel free to PM me with any questions Harry Gypsna or anybody else for that matter. I enjoy helping others. :D

Edit: That 'log' is chopped up pasturized straw mixed with colonized popcorn in a plastic bag..

Here are some drying cubes, the strain is Ecuador:

issack

Veteran
my fuckin mycilia took a shit!!!!!!!!....spore prints were old i guess....had to order more..so i'm waiting...
THE DAMNAL go ahead and take over man...i'm out for afew weeks....sorry guys..shit happends...

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
damn sorry to hear issack. To clean for me ill stick to dirt and buds :wink: ....but i would like to trip balls again....haven't tripped in a couple years. :chin:

G

meh

maybe your senescence just wasnt that good...weak strain or something

quite the bummer bro..always sucks when a harvest goes down..i got some pics im uploading i fruited 12/16 logs

to make the logs i run straw thru a mulcher then pull out a 55 gallon steel drum fill it with water heat the water to 160*F then i dump the split and chopped straw in put some chicken wire with a brick over it to keep the straw down and let it boil away for 2 hours at 160*F and perodically add more water if need be

once the straw has cooled overnight i get some poly tubing tie one end off mix the straw and popcorn together in a large tub throughly and start piling it into the plastic tie the other end off poke holes so it can breathe and rock and roll

Latest posts

Latest posts