What's new

San Diego's Finest Cuts

S

Shan Diego

Grow Tech said:
less mature bud sites that will eventually kick out some funky new vegetative growth when a plant is put back under 18+ hours of light.

Hey D, I'm honored. Tech is right...revegetation is as simple as leaving the light on. New growth will start at the lower bud sites...you don't need to leave much...just harvest a plant as usual, but leave the bottom buds on. Trim the roots back to a decent root ball to sustain your minimal stalk and lower buds. Then, put her back into veg light...2 to 4 weeks later you will see foxtailing turn into new growth. Sativas have tended to be faster than indicas for me.

When tech mentioned funky new growth...I've seen single-bladed leaves persist as well as twisted, funky shaped things that soon give way to traditional forms...

Regeneration is an excellent way to create a new mother...not only are the genetics certainly verified, but you end up with spectacular branching from a plant less than a foot tall.

Dragor

GrowTech/ShanDiego muchas gracias dudes for educating me on this topic... Shan, those reveg'eds look crazy, in a cool way, didn't realize that you don't need much matter to get it to reveg, nice...
still a few lingering questions tho:
is it like cloning where you don't want to have too much big leaves left on so that newer growth kicks in faster?
do you give them moderate/strong N right after downsized repotting? or slowly increase it? any possible stunting from nute shock?
rootball needs to be chopped down halfway in thickness from all four sides right? so basically repotting into their original veg pots I take it...
lastly, the momma was lst'ed like crazy so all the lower buds that will remain are all high up on the branches (not like the ones in your photos), shouldn't be a prob right?

Last edited:

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Pops is calling all veterans of Cannabis Company, SD Band of Brothers to come to his aid. An old dog needs to learn new tricks. Many of you know that my son has come to live with me. He has ALS and is deteriorating rapidly. He cannot use his hands much and cannot walk(with a walker) over 100 feet. I am having to spend a great deal of time taking care of him, which mean that I need to get the time away from my hobby.

Currently, I am growing in soil using verticals and hand watering. Handling soil and 5 gal buckets of water is killing my arthritic old back, so I am switching to hydro. I plan on building 2' high tables from 2 x 4s. I will put a 4 x 4 Botanicare tray on it,filled with hydroton(no pots--just a bed of hydroton). I will have a 50 gal. rez under the table with a 396GPM pump and use Ebb & Flow recirculating using GH Floranova as ferts. My lights will be air-cooled 1000w HPS with a 440CFM Can fan handling air for 3 of them. I have an insulated grow room, bring outside air in for cooling in the winter, and a 18,500BTU a/c for summer,with a need to run CO2 in summer(I will work on that when I have some money). I need to know any tricks for Floranova. Does it really need any other amendments? Does it have enough PK in bloom? I am trying to keep this as simple as I possibly can, as my days are pretty full. I am old and opinionated, but willing to listen to any advice(though I may not take it).

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
pops,,, if your going to run tables,,, id suggest 2gal pots full of hydroton on top of a coco mat,,,

^^^
some gurls getting ready for what they do best

as with GH,,, i run the 3 part and basically build up strength ((starting just under half strength for veg,, moving strenth up more each week,, and then the last 2-3wks cut back strength that way they are easyier for flush.

i also use botanicare's SWEET as a carboload on the plants on all 15 increments in flower,,, day 15,,day 30,,day 45,,day60 and so on.. others will say to make it part of the plants normal feeding regiment,

i tend to diasgree,,, i feel that if given in increments that the plants will respond more to the sugar when it is given then if it were always readily available. feel free to make your own decision.

im trying to get my hands on botanicares organicare line,,, because im always intrested in new products. so watch for updates as GH v. OC battle will be taking place after the current MH v. HPS battle has concluded.

then we can play with mixed spectrum v. monospectrum,,,,

ahhh the fun in growing. the day this shit gets old and boring is the day i fall over dead.

hope all is well with my s.D.bredrin. --BhT

(ps:::i thank the marijuana gods everyday for pumps and timers,,, and you will too pops,,, handwater is brutal for your back and joints)

>>>jus make sure you want to grow GH pops,,, otherwise your going to be stuck with producing nasty ass chemicaly cultivated herb that looks like this::::

Last edited:
J

JeffSpicoli

my buddy had been running PBP for a while, and he switched to GH. long story short, the quality wasn't anywhere near what it was before using GH... The smell and look just didnt seem as sticky stanky as with PBP

S

Shan Diego

Dragor said:
still a few lingering questions tho:
is it like cloning where you don't want to have too much big leaves left on so that newer growth kicks in faster?
do you give them moderate/strong N right after downsized repotting? or slowly increase it? any possible stunting from nute shock?
rootball needs to be chopped down halfway in thickness from all four sides right? so basically repotting into their original veg pots I take it...
lastly, the momma was lst'ed like crazy so all the lower buds that will remain are all high up on the branches (not like the ones in your photos), shouldn't be a prob right?

Trust your instincts, man, you know what you are doing...

I just trim back my root ball to the veg pot and feed them seedling-strength veg nutes. I've never had a deficiency, but I have poisoned them with the over-fert. As far as how much to leave, the more the better, but the new growth starts at the bottom, and you can easily end up with too many branches.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
to reveg,,, i woudlnt bother trimming roots. ive flowered plants,,, and then left them in the same buckets and just thrown the light into 24/0 and they all revegged. if your worried,, you can transplant it,, but you might just cause more stress...

these gurls WANT to live,,, im sure you get no trouble bringing em back.

get at me D if you got more ?s .... -BhT

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
JeffSpicoli said:
my buddy had been running PBP for a while, and he switched to GH. long story short, the quality wasn't anywhere near what it was before using GH... The smell and look just didnt seem as sticky stanky as with PBP

I have been running PBP with LK and supplementing the bloom with some Pure Flowers 0-30-20(in small doses). I got some GH because my fried Grat3ful H3ad has had good success. Frankly, I don't know shit about hydro.

Last edited:

bbing

POPs: I have tried most profiles and alot of products. My first intro was GH 3 part series in 04. Back at OG this Lucas cat and his merry clan of nutrient chemists determined that only 2 parts micro & bloom, were all that was required to grow cannabis optimaly. Many speculated that the nutrient industry was corrupt and resorted to the American Mainstream model of over consumption = profit overages. :joint: :rant:

anyway, I have found nothing easier than running 8/16 profile an entire run and adding PK once or twice. If you use nova line, I would guess your river water tap has enough carbonate hardness to maintain adequate Ca. (still use my epsom salt shaker as needed for Mag).

Right now, I am running 2 part GH using Lucas profile on DWC, and Coco concurrently. DWC has to be topped off with dilute once every 5 days or so(no res flushing), and has used very little product to get to flower. Coco on the other hand, has me in the box almost daily. The novelty has worn off for me and I am most interested in methods requiring the least intervention, and provide only the required compounds to plants (they are easier and more effectively flushed.

BHT:
just be sure you want to use GH, or you may get growth that looks like this:

hehehe. Dont make come out from under these stairs young man!

AndreNicky

Running nova bloom and a tiny bit of liquid Koolbloom mixed with tapwater, day 20 of flower and my plants couldn't look happier.

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Just tested my water with my new Hanna EC/TDS meter. I knew the shit was bad. My PH is 8.6 but my TDS on tap water is running 636. My filtered water from the fridge is 538.

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Hey Pops,
Do u know about care on those meters? You need to keep the probe wet with a storage solution of pH 4 buffer solution to extend it's life. You probably know all that stuff but let me know if u need more info.

I use filtered water from those vending machine outside of grocery stores. There's one by my house that's $.15 per gallon. Usually test at around 10ppm on the TDS.

Peace

OsWiZzLe

Pops invest into one of the Merlin R.O systems...they are worth every penny and pump out water fast...Tap Water is Death

APE had an issue with his water..he was getting Distilled water from a vendor for just a few cents a gallon....to only learn months later that his water was in fact good ol Tappidy Tap Tap ...caused him mad issues until he figured it out...

I used to roll up to those Penguin Machines that give out water ....$1.50 for 5 gallons of 10 or less ppm water....

this was the shit until i started fucking up my shit and needed to flush my girls...the good old days....10 five gallon containers...up and down those stairs.....mayne i love my Merlin lol

bbing

thats a good price GT (i'm paying $.25)

Yeah Pops, I'll stop peeing in the river for you; should be good for at least a .00000009 disolved solids reduction.

I'm interested in the buffering capacity of Nova myself. One thing I otta mention is R.O. always seems to work best for Lucas runs from what I've experineced. I'ts almost imposssible to buffer water with high GH and Carbonate Hardness w/o significant ph drift over time. Bad for DWC or in any system exposing roots to water medium for extended times, not so bad for Coco. The air mass in the medium and the nature of Coco naturally buffer it down w/o much drift between waterings. Changing alkalinity usually involves salts of some sort throwing our nutrient profiles off. Colorado river water has just too much contact with limestone IMO.

I'm using PK 13/14 only cause I still have it. l usually use KoolBloom.

Dragor

Thanks guys for elaborating on the reveg questions...
BiG, I don't think I'm gonna txplant 'em so I don't end up shocking 'em, per ur suggestion.
So I took some pics of all 4 that I'm trying to reveg... Some have more leaf matter on them than others, so which one(s) do you guys think has the better chance of survival?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
waddup sd bro's, you insignificant little clique you! just got some news that grapepunched picked me for one of his tester packs! i will be getting bubblegum(s1 of BOGs breeder bblgum) x sourbbl bx4! i think! anyways, he has encouraged the spread of any worthy cuts, so when i find one, it will be released through the proper medical cut vendor!
--dragor-i think they all got a chance, its a very simple process, but that one on the top right might be a lil slower then the others! i have never bothered with trimming the rootball, might help though. good luck

S

Shan Diego

With any luck, they will all make it. What's up with the upside-down grodan cubes?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shan Diego said:
With any luck, they will all make it. What's up with the upside-down grodan cubes?
--sup shan, ask big herb bout that one! i recall there was something 20 or 30 pages back! kinda hard to keep track with this thread being so long!

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
subby....we got a RocKer'BubbleGum'.......to bx....anywho good luck pop's!...................u too dragor..........MOneY

Latest posts

Latest posts