What's new

San Diegos Finest Cuts #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
Those pics look more like TMV then your others did Max.... Those first 3 pics def look like it, or a form of it... Ive seen many different looking twist/curls and variegations. Ive ran the HA og, and countless other og's, Chem D.. all showing the TMV trait. I had strains together for years showing the trait... I never once saw an ill effects... But thats just me

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
oh oh oh, I have an idea as to why..

what brand cal/mag you using? botanicare?

check your cal mag, is it cloudy?

you should be able to read the newspaper thru a shotglass of it.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
San Diegos Finest Cuts #2

Alls i know is i picked up a couple of og cuts & a chemd from a clone vendor. I watched that variation/trait move from those few little ones to a few of my mother plants.
Is it tmv? Maybe. Maybe not.
Do i think it is contagious - yes.
Can it affect your end product? Maybe maybe not the jury is still kinda out.
Pureknowledge is the dude who teated his chemd w the strips... But his isnt the same 'cut' as the one thats been floating around sd - that one came from the east coast from the hand of a guy who was handed the cut from chemdog directly... And chemdog did tell him that 'hey this has tmv' as far as my memory serves. Thats the cut that needs the strip test if you ask me.... Whered you get you cut of d, max?

I think the ogs will show the trait if the room isnt 100% dialed and not getting 110% nutrition... My experience anyways.

It may not be a tobbacco mosiac but i wouldnt be surprised if it still was a mosiac virus of different genus (i think its the right word/phrase).

Ill have to repost/add more when i can get to a cpu this little keyboard on my phone sucks haha....

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran

Funny. I JUST finished a bottle abt 20 minutes ago and i thought to myself that the color had changed. Amazing timing. I didn't know this was the smell test for botanicare cal/mag. Going to go see what color the new bottle is now

Thanks!

echo_chamber

What's the deal with "cloudy" Cal-Mag. My older bottle is way more cloudy than the new one i just bought. Is the cloudiness a bad sign?

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran

I'll be buying a brand other than Botanicare next time I get a Cal / Mag additive. I've seen way to much variation in Botanicares version and I beleive bad CalMag was part of the issues I was having at the beginning of the year

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
odd timing for sure...was just talking to bro at igs and he was suggesting a diff brand of cal mag now..
-humble and gt...will be interesting when i do the rev chem d projects to see if the percentage of herms goes down up or stays same...dub will def be in there...along w madness, and now that ive looked at os' pics of larry x chem d there will def be a few ogs in there...i wanna do enough that i dont have to mess w the reversed stuff for awhile...make enough beans to find a few special cuts...
---nata- neeeeext! ha...so what ya got in there?

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
Yeah I still have about 1/4 of a gallon thats 'gone bad' and I'm gonna just dump it on the compost pile.

supposedly an ICMag member was having a hard time finding out if Botanicare Cal/Mag was supposed to be cloudy as he narrowed his 'issues' to cal/mag.

the botanicare rep told him that it should NOT be cloudy and there should NOT be any precipitate on the bottom (nutrients that have fallen out of suspension and are like lil tiny chunks sittin on the bottom)

apparently you should be able to read standard type newspaper font through a shotglass of Cal/Mag. I couldn't even see a damn thing through mine, not even opaque 'shapes'. Mine was full on rancid apple juice looking.

I picked up some Technaflora MagiCal for about the same price as the botanicare stuff, same application rate, same exact nutrient profile including N and Iron.

The MagiCal is clear as apple juice and you can absolutely read a newspaper thru a shotglass of it, I find that it mixes up great and my nutrient mix looks a bit less hazy than it did before.

I'm glad I switched because I recall my cal/mag being a slightly off color from the get go, never being really clear like it should have been.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
odd timing for sure...was just talking to bro at igs and he was suggesting a diff brand of cal mag now..
-humble and gt...will be interesting when i do the rev chem d projects to see if the percentage of herms goes down up or stays same...dub will def be in there...along w madness, and now that ive looked at os' pics of larry x chem d there will def be a few ogs in there...i wanna do enough that i dont have to mess w the reversed stuff for awhile...make enough beans to find a few special cuts...
---nata- neeeeext! ha...so what ya got in there?

Magi-Cal???

Aloha brothas....

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
alright I took some pix since they say 1000 words.

picture.php

pretty self explanatory.

heres the MagiCal on the back of the CalMag jug for 'see thru' purposes.

picture.php

and heres the CalMag

picture.php

I heard mediocre reviews about the General Organics CaMg and opted for the MagiCal and I'm totally happy with it.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like that it has the same amount of N as the botanicare stuff...
the consitency is nice too

Ive used a L of the magical but dont recall if i thought there was a difference between the two brands... I guess not hahaha
but only when the cal/mag isnt all rotten i guess maybe

thanks for the pics zm

Zen- thanks for the post and the pics.. my botanicare stuff looks exactly like yours.. guess its time to toss this bottle out and go get me some magical.

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
I like that it has the same amount of N as the botanicare stuff...
the consitency is nice too

Ive used a L of the magical but dont recall if i thought there was a difference between the two brands... I guess not hahaha
but only when the cal/mag isnt all rotten i guess maybe

thanks for the pics zm

I checked, they both have the same nutrient profiles (basically). And same application rate of 5mL/Gallon.

GAMagiCal.jpg

CalMag_Back_0.png

Grow Tech

Veteran
Here's my newest bottle. I like Botanicares Pure Bled Pro line but I'll be looking for "Magi-Cal" next time I go shopping.
picture.php

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
just fyi theres a 100% satisfaction guarantee on Botanicare products, you should be able to exchange it at the retail outlet for a new jug or perhaps store credit if your lucky, I can't imagine them making people ship jugs of nutes back to a warehouse or somethin :smoke:

Grow Tech

Veteran
I will call this stuff from Encinitas....best prices period for the same exact shit.. 2.5 gallons for $15.00

http://www.plantsthatproduce.com/products/GM_N-Cal-Mag_JUG.html

Major Nutrients (% by weight):
Nitrogen 2.2%, Phosphate 0.0%, Potash 0.0%
Nitrogen components: Ammoniacal 0.0%, Nitrate 2.2%, Urea 0.0%, Organo-Protein 0.0%

Secondary and Micro Nutrients:
Calcium 3%, Magnesium 2%
so...is that stuff clear or cloudy or what? not that it ultimately matters but...just curious

Storm Shadow

Veteran
I'll look next time its in front of me...I've used Botanicare many times and never had any problems.... I've had Cal-Mag sit for over a year and still had zero issues with it...it was cloudy also....

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
thats a great price, if the application rate is anywhere near the same.

lacking Iron though, micro base nutes usually have some though? I know GH does.

heheh they even have a "nutrients for cannabis" link.

Status
Not open for further replies.