What's new

Diary Run #7: ICMag O-Haze

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I look at the plant Mr Flower said was Mom, and I see wispy buds on it too. I can feed and keep going if that is what is needed. The lime smell is fading, so I hate to wait too long.

brickweeder

I grew an RSC highland thai that was airy AF...I can't remember how long I let it go, but I waited until the buds were thicker airy buds rather than thinner airy buds. But if the mom is airy, additional time might make the bid grow larger, but not denser. In the end, it's your call, so whether it end up early or just right or a bit too late, just make your call and go with it...it'll be nice smoke regardless and you can get to your next run. Looking forward to some smoke reports on this!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Just chopping my way to the back of the tent a little at a time… taking branches like these:

F951C3FC-9AE0-4CED-9B1F-33A38358FA47.jpeg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those are some whispy flowers, but I guess once you grow it seedless it will be better. Happy harvest! Glad I caught this one! Very branch with thin flower production like the purple thai I think it was. Let us know what its like in the smoke test!

acespicoli

ICGA

The hippies used to use Florel (way overpriced imo for chemical content) but it’s all just Ethephon as it’s chemical base; it works, you can turn males, this is fairly dated knowledge you know; decades old….. Same product will thin your fruit trees like a boss, leaving you kings fruit… spray on mistletoe…. Shit I keep digressing, lol…. :)

Males also have X & Y so when you only have one male, you can get back to Regs eventually; with one female your stuck…

The more one works with this species the more they realize males are the more magical keys to the universes puzzles, ha

Peace & GL with your grow

PS: sniffing pollen tells you things too; Haze imho is best used as a stud

PPS: Many forms of “Haze” will & can herm AND not everyone “tosses” with the same rigor & diligence as the next fella
So as far as you know what would the progeny of a reversed male yield? In otherwords if you self a male would it make both male and female seeds? I selfed a male once before, quite interesting, when I sprayed the top nodes they grew female flowers from the preflowers on those nodes and formed small buds where the preflowers normaly grow, then all the growth after that was fully male again, the female flowers made seeds but due to a fiasco I was never able to atempt germination.

ICGA

Same result though. Are you done handing out OHZ seeds? I can make some if that is the case, in case anybody missed out.

Thanks. I am not dedicated, just want some good dope to smoke. Still trying to make terps, and still failing.
Pro terp tip lol: add some soy amino and sugar during flower that should boost your terps levels big time.

led05

Chasing The Present
So as far as you know what would the progeny of a reversed male yield? In otherwords if you self a male would it make both male and female seeds? I selfed a male once before, quite interesting, when I sprayed the top nodes they grew female flowers from the preflowers on those nodes and formed small buds where the preflowers normaly grow, then all the growth after that was fully male again, the female flowers made seeds but due to a fiasco I was never able to atempt germination.
25% Freak Super males (often they don’t make it & if do sterile), 25% Female, 50% Males

Peace

led05

Chasing The Present
So the freak supper males are YY and that's why they are sterile?
I’ve never sent shit off to a lab for Genome testing but I have reversed males & grown the seeds, even once it happened accidentally when I had hundreds of lbs fruit ripening in my garage, haha - that was a blast…and real head scratcher

But a % of them were freaks & duds, I recon the YY were sterile that made it, but that’s definitely more a Hypothesis than a fact

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I took a smoke break for a few daze, but still cookied up at night. I came home and got through a half joint of this Ohaze. I was obliterated and easily distracted. Stuff is stronger than I had thought. I cobbed about half of it, and will have Ohaze all summer. The smell has changed from the lemon it had in mid flower to a kind of incense.

Last edited: