What's new

Rocky Melon

kro-magnon

Veteran
The way I'm organised now I rarely keep flowers longer than 2 months so I've not cured flowers longer than that in a very long time. Before I was growing outdoor so I had one harvest for the whole year and I have to say that I did not see real improvement with longer kept jars. One time with indoor grown buds I forgot I had hidden a jar and I found it about 1,5 year after, it was stored in a place where it should have cured perfectly but I found the buds were downgraded compared to what they were when I packed the jar. I have not found yet real improvement in a long curing process, maybe the strains I grow are not prone to getting better or it's just my personal taste but so far I have not find useful to cure buds for a long period.
The main difference for me is in the smell and taste, I really like the powerful smell flowers have while they are fresh, with older buds I feel like I can't smell anything anymore.
My preference has evolved with time, when I was younger I found more enjoyable to smoke buds who had a longer cure, I found the taste was more enjoyable with a longer cured bud. But the more I grew the more I enjoyed smoking buds closer to the harvest, it's strange how my perception of the smells and tastes has changed. Now I found my buds are at their peak about 1 month after harvest but I don't mind smoking them as soon as they are dry. I will try to keep a jar longer to see if I can enjoy older buds. Sometimes I think I've lost some sensitivity when it comes to smelling the buds, I'm so used to that type of smell that I need to grow plants with a very strong odor to enjoy the buds.

Last edited: