What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ask the older heads,they must remember breeder choice organisation,HHF and Zamalito...they screwed load of people back in the days...i would avoid them just like the plague now...

satva

Veteran
BCO is breeders-choice.org

if youre not willing to go past 20 weeks, forget ALL colombian lines.... and pure haze lines as well, ...

Thank you crazyfool, that was easy, + 20 weeks, I forgot about it.
14 - 16 weeks is good for me. Destroyer 16 week pheno, is about as sativa, as I need to be.

Meximelia, like Mexitiza sounds good. I'm crossing Destroyer F2, Destroyer/PCK, and Destroyer/Highland Mexican Blueberry. I'd like to soften, the effect of Destroyer, so Destroyer/PCK and Destroyer/Nepelese next. The Thai (ish) phenos in Destroyer are connoisseur - very clean and clear.

PS> Not much Colombian Gold (Goldbud) in seed form, that's all I'm saying.

Last edited:

rik78

Veteran
:yeahthats whats BCO?

dunno know :dunno: (ok, now I know)

Nevil and Charlie Garcia are the guys I'd hit up if I was looking for old school sativas...then Sam, Chimera, dubi, Donald, Tom, some underground collectors. Like that...

Anyone, where does BCO fit in? Black Haze, Colombian Black, Colombian Goldbud, Highland Thai, Hmong Hilltribe Thai, Panama Red, Haze, all the right regions. Colombian Gold, Highland Oaxacan, and Hmong Hilltribe Thai - a party waiting to happen, or too wild and untamed?

In my closet, Destroyer is the ultimate, then Chimera's Highland Guerrera/BB , now where's that Red Snake?

I´ve done a lot of BCO´s work... Colombian gold, colombian black, soulfruit, meximellia, colombian gold x haze, haze, and purple haze..... if youre not willing to go past 20 weeks, forget ALL colombian lines.... and pure haze lines as well, ...

thanks for that Satva

R

recent guest

if youre not willing to go past 20 weeks, forget ALL colombian lines.... and pure haze lines as well, ...

Thank you crazyfool, that was easy, + 20 weeks, I forgot about it.
14 - 16 weeks is good for me. Destroyer 16 week pheno, is about as sativa, as I need to be.

Meximelia, like Mexitiza sounds good. I'm crossing Destroyer F2, Destroyer/PCK, and Destroyer/Highland Mexican Blueberry. I'd like to soften, the effect of Destroyer, so Destroyer/PCK and Destroyer/Nepelese next. The Thai (ish) phenos in Destroyer are connoisseur - very clean and clear.

PS> Not much Colombian Gold (Goldbud) in seed form, that's all I'm saying.

I've had good results and good luck with the destroyer crosses. I chose a very thai destroyer pheno, and despite the airy flowers the yield is pretty good. Destroyer's aroma seems pretty dominant.

bushweed

Veteran
Colombian Mangobiche...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

bushweed

Veteran
My backup MMxThai'78, talking about vigor; popped this seed 120 days ago...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

(so where we going? 'We're gonna visit quiejo in his equatorial sativa patch in north England' - really? oh fuck I'm jumping off!)

Last edited:
R

recent guest

That looks great Bushweed, as usual.

Meanwhile, in Bear_Riot's Southern Hemisphere tent...

Ace Oldtimer's Haze has been flowering for 20 weeks as of today, likely a few more weeks to go.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

This is a green southeast asian pheno of the Haze, she has taken on very light green and blonde tones. Blonde Haze!

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Nice plant Bear Riot, looks like a winner.
The six month plant I just pulled had golden calyxes on the most mature parts of the buds and those are the ones that turned red when they dried. I hope yours turn some bright colors too.

SativaBreather

Veteran
Yeah but is he a nice guy?? hehe Really though, I never heard BH and HHF are one in the same, can anyone confirm this??
Meanwhile my backup Colombian Mangobiche (leafy pheno)...
View Image
View Image
View Image
View ImageView Image

Edit: Just spoke to someone who has had dealings with quiejo/HHF and said he is pretty sure he is not british hempire, best not to post hearsay unless you can back it up...that sort of thing can get you banned.

awesome plants, have edited my comment on BH, though I still believe he is Quiejo, who is certainly 100% a massive c*nt who has ripped myself and others I know in the past. I cant think of a bigger POS in the industry

Last edited:

Gert Lush

Veteran
Really though, I never heard BH and HHF are one in the same, can anyone confirm this??
From my memory of that sorry saga:
Quiejo and HHF were the same guy, I think he also used the handle Cheesy or some such.

BH is an eccentric guy in his own right, but I would be more than amazed if he was Quiejo. Bit of a ridiculous idea for anyone who's followed the scene, different interests, different styles, different grows - I wonder how that one got started?

I didn't think that Zam was actually involved in any scam, I think he just trusted the wrong people. Probably best to avoid malicious rumours here, if one is unsure of the facts. There's lots of other forums where one can do that...

Gert Lush

Veteran
Arjan is a businessman - just the sum total of all his customers' demand - the McDonald's of the canna world, if you like. He has a certain way, we may not like it, but that does not make him a POS, unless you also consider the majority of people on cannabis boards as POS, because of their tastes. I don't think ad hominem is a good idea against anybody.

Plus, he did offer Super Lemon Haze, which is higely popular and a good introduction to the "masses" of the sativa world. Always look on the bright side.

idiit

Veteran
Ask the older heads,they must remember breeder choice organisation,HHF and Zamalito...they screwed load of people back in the days...i would avoid them just like the plague now...

I didn't think that Zam was actually involved in any scam, I think he just trusted the wrong people. Probably best to avoid malicious rumours here, if one is unsure of the facts. There's lots of other forums where one can do that...

^^ exactly my sentiments as well gert lush. zambamalito is still alive. he's one of my two mentors; dubi, zamalito. i read all their posts at least twice and i'm so grateful to both of them for dispensing some of their knowledge.

zamalito does not post anymore. he was apalled at the practices of some of his former partners. my take is that he was a true academic and passionate grower that (like many others) was naive to the dark side of the canna biz.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
I´ve done a lot of BCO´s work... Colombian gold, colombian black, soulfruit, meximellia, colombian gold x haze, haze, and purple haze..... if youre not willing to go past 20 weeks, forget ALL colombian lines.... and pure haze lines as well, ...

what do you mean you have done a lot of their work? as in you have produced seeds for them or have grown their gear out as a private customer?

r u muddy by any chance? cool guy, wonder what happened to him...

peace

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
also, Zam never really got to work with Luiz, the stories he told me about his trip to Brazil and Luiz were pretty disappointing to say the least. then HHF appeared, charmed Zam with sweet hustling talk, and started to hear rumors about HHF shady character.

who knows where is Zam now, tried contacting him several times, but he seems pretty affected by all that happened with his would be partners... some of us told him he would have been better off doing his thing alone... he seemed pretty jaded last time we exchanged stories... other things happened to him beside the partners' situation...

many of us miss Zam, he popped his head back in here a year or two ago with a different nick, said hello, told us another sad story, and disappeared again...

hope he is doing good wherever he is.

peace

R

recent guest

Arjan is a businessman - just the sum total of all his customers' demand - the McDonald's of the canna world, if you like. He has a certain way, we may not like it, but that does not make him a POS, unless you also consider the majority of people on cannabis boards as POS, because of their tastes. I don't think ad hominem is a good idea against anybody.

Plus, he did offer Super Lemon Haze, which is higely popular and a good introduction to the "masses" of the sativa world. Always look on the bright side.

Yeah I regretted posting that. I just read the essay he wrote attacking his former colleague Shantibaba and it left a bad taste in my mouth. I also dont like someone walking around calling themselves the king of cannabis. I also bought some GH seeds and got 0% germ. Still no reason for ad hominem though.

jayjayfrank

Veteran
airing out the laundry huh?

i stayed away from all that hothouse stuff, it never seemed on the up and up even tho the genetics were proper.

zam did seem too scholarly for some of the places he would post at... last i saw he was working on a skunk x columbian

would run hhf stuff over arjan tho...

Ignatz

Veteran
Panama from seed (ace fem) grown in 3½ L coco.

picture.php

This is my first try with these. Five seeds only. Got nice individuals on both strictly green side, as well as the more red-ish.
Some sampling gives 'high' quality/hype ratio. They all seem potent enough to make a dent.
For me, green is better when things to do, red when you're done.

When harvest came close I made two sets of pic's. Plants and buds at day 65, macros at day 71. All cut day 72, the 'one size fits all' approach.
The plan was to make a third set on well cured buds. Three months or so. Now I think two months is better, next few days.
Sampling alone can do unexpected damage to any jar, it seems.

So let's start with the first. Cleverly named Pf01:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This red-ish was by far the most smelly plant. Stinks up a room in no time. Sort of heavy smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.