What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

recent guest

give them some veg time next time betagrow,

it looks like they have really struggled to do much ,

i have to wonder if they really belong in the ultimate sativa thread ,
no offence meant at all betagrow,
but it would really help your cause to do some study in the growing forums rather than doing it in this thread ,
its quite off topic really ..

I agree, but I always took the thread title to mean 'ultimate' referring to the thread, not the sativas, so 'the ultimate thread for all things sativa', not 'the thread about the ultimate sativas'. Of course I wasn't around for the conception...

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=52500&pictureid=1242669&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=52500&pictureid=1242670&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=52500&pictureid=1242671&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Those look like they will go for two or three more weeks but you should look at the trichomes to decide when to harvest it. I try to harvest at around 50% amber or at least mostly cloudy and amber.

blan-k-flor

Veteran
Thunk F2

picture.php

picture.php

Ethiopian Highland

picture.php

:wave:

2 Legal Co

Veteran
give them some veg time next time betagrow,

it looks like they have really struggled to do much ,

i have to wonder if they really belong in the ultimate sativa thread ,
no offence meant at all betagrow,
but it would really help your cause to do some study in the growing forums rather than doing it in this thread ,
its quite off topic really ..
Donald:::
If you think Bear's pics don't fit?

You should probably review the pics that the OP posted.

I'd hope that you didn't mean it, the way it came out. :tiphat:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran

G`day 2 Lc

Donald was addressing Beta Grow , not Bear Riot .
Go back 2 pages and the perspective will become clear .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Gave a little try to the seeds I got from the Nepal Rukum shown earlier here. Pollen is from LemonLarryOGKush-IBL

Here is "sweetheart", grown in a 6l pot.

at 4 weeks Flo
View Image

5 weeks Flo
View Image

7 weeks Flo
View Image

Also 7 weeks, with a large Bic lighter for scale
View Image

She's a 12 weeker or so, means more pics to come & fatter buds !

Irie !

G`day Mriko

Happy to see your still at it .
I have read quite a bit of your stuff on land races and your expeditions . Enjoyed it very much .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
I agree, but I always took the thread title to mean 'ultimate' referring to the thread, not the sativas, so 'the ultimate thread for all things sativa', not 'the thread about the ultimate sativas'. Of course I wasn't around for the conception...

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=52500&pictureid=1242669&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=52500&pictureid=1242670&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=52500&pictureid=1242671&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Those look like they will go for two or three more weeks but you should look at the trichomes to decide when to harvest it. I try to harvest at around 50% amber or at least mostly cloudy and amber.

pretty much this. the plant(s) in the pic you posted last could be chopped in a couple weeks
- the other ones with all the white pistils i would give at least till it looks like the plant in the current pics.
trichomes will let you know if it's been long enough. you want at least partly cloudy before you chop.

also the thread is ultimate not the sativa's. everyone doesn't grow outdoor. there would be very few people in here.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
G`day 2 Lc

Donald was addressing Beta Grow , not Bear Riot .
Go back 2 pages and the perspective will become clear .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Thx for the correction. Stoner moment.

Take a look at page 1 to see what I'm talking about. I've never read the whole thread.

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
this thread is epic!!great photos all :biggrin:

and for those who loves the big sativa colas

malawi ACE 82 days

picture.php

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Hi Randy,

What is that red bud? I haven't seen such red in a long time. Looks amazing.

Thanks,

ThaiBliss

Hey ThaiBliss, It's a ZamalThaiXHaze, I love this plant. You would never think it is so good looking at it. I've had to stick with it for three grows before she showed her true character and I'm so glad I did not give up on her. I could have tossed her for looks and yield and length of flowering after the first grow but stayed with her and I'm so glad I did.
So many flaming hoops to jump through, so many pitfalls and room for misinterpretation. Trials and tribulations. Just more proof that if you want anything good, you have to be willing to put in the time and hard work and have faith in what you believe and mostly the PATIENCE to see it through ALLLLLLL the way.
Now I just really wish I had BushWeeds back yard and growing season.
picture.php

You can see that this plant would have gone another month at least, with the new flush of flowers it had started.
Kinda makes me wonder, if you want TRIP WEED, you gotta be willing to let it have the TIME.

Last edited:

BetaGrow

I've never read the whole thread.

I have...it took my about three weeks. I don't feel compelled to share my grow with anyone else on the internet. That's why I'm here.

Another reason why I'm asking these questions here is more of the "why" than the "how." Sativa growers now their shit! And not just at a robotic parrot level (like me).

Anyways, so as my first grow, using only one 150 w hps...I'm very proud. But what things could I change to help improve? Have already decided against "micro" growing.

Anyways, my mother is coming along nicely. I will post pics soon (and probably ask for more advice...oh noes!)

Thanks dudes, cheers ::joint::

R

recent guest

Woah woah Bear's pics were never in question! :biggrin:

Randy, what do you mean 'not much for looks', that is very much for looks! :tiphat:

Same thing for blan-k-flor, looks like youre already flying man, the learning stage is over!

Peace

Also Beta, your experience will never diminish and always keep growing, in a few harvests everyone will be waiting and hoping for your pics here!

R

recent guest

Bears Pics!

vegitative stage here in the norther hemisphere...

Oldtimer's Haze in 500 gallon pot:

picture.php

GD-72, also in an excessively large container:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

NYC Diesel in the foreground, not a sativa but a great plant to grow with the sativa's, I know I need an evening smoke!

picture.php

Everything has 11-13 feet of space to grow upwards yeeeee

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Randy, what do you mean 'not much for looks', that is very much for looks!
To you or I it looks special with that beautiful cinnamon red color and green tips, but to most young people today, they are looking for rock hard round fat buds. This stuff looks like stringy loose shawggy fluff.
To me it is the exact texture, look and smell of the first Thai Stick I dissected a long time ago and never forgot. I said then and I say now, "so that's why they tie it to a stick".
I can see why as time passed you saw less and less of this type of home grown farmer weed from Thailand. Who but an un-greedy Thai, Cambodian, Mexican peasant farmer who probably use them medicinally or spiritually, could grow plants like this that flower for extended periods that they require to be *Special* When the big guy's started realizing there was real $$$$ they sped up the process and quality went down fast. It happened in every country of origin of the greatest strains I remember from the past.
[YOUTUBEIF]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE12uA1S2oU[/YOUTUBEIF]

That is not me, but those look EXACTLY like the first Thai Sticks I saw. This guy in the video says he found them up in a cabin in Yosemite. I smoked my first Thai Stick in Modesto, it's on the way to Yosemite. I would not doubt for a moment that these were the same sticks I first sampled in the 70's.

Last edited:
R

recent guest

To you or I it looks special with that beautiful cinnamon red color and green tips, but to most young people today, they are looking for rock hard round fat buds. This stuff looks like stringy loose shawggy fluff.
To me it is the exact texture, look and smell of the first Thai Stick I dissected a long time ago and never forgot. I said then and I say now, "so that's why they tie it to a stick".
I can see why as time passed you saw less and less of this type of home grown farmer weed from Thailand. Who but an un-greedy Thai, Cambodian, Mexican peasant farmer who probably use them medicinally or spiritually, could grow plants like this that flower for extended periods that they require to be *Special* When the big guy's started realizing there was real $$$$ they sped up the process and quality went down fast. It happened in every country of origin of the greatest strains I remember from the past.

That is not me, but those look EXACTLY like the first Thai Sticks I saw. This guy in the video says he found them up in a cabin in Yosemite. I smoked my first Thai Stick in Modesto, it's on the way to Yosemite. I would not doubt for a moment that these were the same sticks I first sampled in the 70's.

Well, Im 22, and I would take that shwaggy fluff with the real spiritual cannabis effect over the grape rape super kush boogle goo shit any day. Unfortunately my generation doesn't know anything different and wouldn't agree. I was lucky enough to grow up around some cool folks from earlier generations who introduced me to the real thing. Its fun to have people think they are about to smoke some swhwag or make a comment that the bud looks airy or what, and then change their minds forever :biggrin:

I have always had a thorn in my paw over the artificial yaw toward indica in the cannabis market, caused almost entirely by criminalizing cannabis while at the same time encouraging criminal capitalistic behavior. It used to irritate me to no end that good sativas like that were absent, ABSENT completely, from the market in the parts of the country I lived. Now its legal here and I am growing sativas, and sharing them with friends my age, changing minds. Yet another benefit of legalizing.

I agree that those buds look rad and also that they are not what the general population is looking for, unfortunately. Though some of the reason for south east Asian, Latin American, African farmers etc. growing extreme sativa strains was/is more because of availability of seeds and necessity based on climate. For example, I live in a wet tropical area and need to grow pretty extreme sativa varieties because I grow outdoors and anything with dense buds will most likely rot because of rain and humidity. Which is all fine by me, I enjoy extreme sativa strains, but it can be pretty difficult to convince other medical patients that sativas are good medicine too. Thanks for sharing. This thread is great.

Last edited:

BoldAsLove

Veteran
Well, Im 22, and I would take that shwaggy fluff with the real spiritual cannabis effect over the grape rape super kush boogle goo shit any day. Unfortunately my generation doesn't know anything different and wouldn't agree. I was lucky enough to grow up around some cool folks from earlier generations who introduced me to the real thing. Its fun to have people think they are about to smoke some swhwag or make a comment that the bud looks airy or what, and then change their minds forever :biggrin:

I have always had a thorn in my paw over the artificial yaw toward indica in the cannabis market, caused almost entirely by criminalizing cannabis while at the same time encouraging criminal capitalistic behavior. It used to irritate me to no end that good sativas like that were absent, ABSENT completely, from the market in the parts of the country I lived. Now its legal here and I am growing sativas, and sharing them with friends my age, changing minds. Yet another benefit of legalizing.

+1 from another twenty-something. I think if you asked most people our age how cannabis affects them, you'd here a lot of similar answers to the effects of alcohol. I think you're right in thinking that legalization will help. At least I hope you're right..

Also, how could the density of the bud possibly matter?? Never understood that one.

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Hey Randy, I've never come across a bud with that red sheen of resin that wasn't potent.

I've always counted that as a positive trait also. As it cures it darkens to mahogany like the aged Thai Sticks in the video.
Another thing is this has real wire'y stems, they are not like normal stems, everything is thick and tough and has a different consistency then other sativas or indicas I've grown over the years. Also the resin is the stickiest I've felt in a while. Smells like 7up but penetrating and the smoke is thick, pungent and heavy. Too bad it's so undisciplined and takes forever to do it's thing.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hey ThaiBliss, It's a ZamalThaiXHaze, I love this plant. You would never think it is so good looking at it. I've had to stick with it for three grows before she showed her true character and I'm so glad I did not give up on her. I could have tossed her for looks and yield and length of flowering after the first grow but stayed with her and I'm so glad I did.
So many flaming hoops to jump through, so many pitfalls and room for misinterpretation. Trials and tribulations. Just more proof that if you want anything good, you have to be willing to put in the time and hard work and have faith in what you believe and mostly the PATIENCE to see it through ALLLLLLL the way.
Now I just really wish I had BushWeeds back yard and growing season.
View Image

You can see that this plant would have gone another month at least, with the new flush of flowers it had started.
Kinda makes me wonder, if you want TRIP WEED, you gotta be willing to let it have the TIME.

Hi Randy,

Good advice. Thanks.

Great work on your part. I hope you are enjoying partaking as much as I'm enjoying ogling.

ThaiBliss

Status
Not open for further replies.