What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

BC LONE WOLF

IMG_1734.jpeg
IMG_1733.jpeg
IMG_1737.jpeg

alvin88

There's nothing new about this...
Like 13 years ago a spanish grower called "el rubio" found this lowland nepalí extreme nld type of plant. Show some photos here at icmag. I was looking for it since then
I got mine seeds straight from the source.
In my experience and what I've witnessed it seems sativas usually have trichomes that are on smaller stalks closer to the plant making them harder to knock off for hash. It's why most classic hash producing regions contain indica varieties, except for tropical India where they make charas, however the resin is rubbed off instead of separated by size.

led05

Chasing The Present
In my experience and what I've witnessed it seems sativas usually have trichomes that are on smaller stalks closer to the plant making them harder to knock off for hash. It's why most classic hash producing regions contain indica varieties, except for tropical India where they make charas, however the resin is rubbed off instead of separated by size.
Indicas for hashish grow in dry mountainous regions & have dry brittle heads that fall off easily, it’s climate driven whereas sativas grow in tropical wet regions & have sticky oily trichs & are by nature designed to be repeatedly soaked & dried without much effect, this is also why sativas are hearty towards fungal pressures & indicas melt away, in general of course exceptions always exist…

Bust out a quality jewelers or Geologists loupe (like Belomo) and you’ll see both indicas & sativas are covered with all types of trichomes

This thread has endless examples of bulbous stalked trichome heads on Sativas, I just posted some you can clearly see above as an example

Peace & happy growing

Last edited:

You ever think about sending those orange leaves in for tissue analysis? 18 bucks plus postage could tell you alot that you won't hear elsewhere.

Hate seeing all these boron iron zinc deficient manganese toxic sativas.

haze smell

Been growing Sativa in the cane breaks for 4 generations and still don't know what's "haze smell" is.

Odor eaters shoe spray? Fresh clean synthetic man made fabrics? Synthetic plastic gas? That's how the city folk describe haze.

Reggie terps? Most of the fake Blue Dream out west smelled like reggie, people would talk about "the haze came through in this one."

Had the bossman order a standard terpinolene sample (and some other bullshit soccermom marketing terps) so I can laugh even harder every time someone name drops that one while talking sativa.

"Ooohh you can taste the terpinolene"

Uh what's it taste like?

"Umm.. Apples? Hard to tell"

Maria Sanchez

PXL_20241022_063015548.jpg

Nevil's Grail Project x ThaiFrican
=
Mother: (NvHz 18 x Mullumbimby Madness pheno 1) X (NvHz 21 x Mullumbimby Madness Long male)
X
Father: ((Hempy's Thai x NvHz 21) x NvHz 36 rev) X (NvHz 23 x Kariba)​

Lots of Nev's Haze in this mix, plus a lot of the Mullumbimby, and Hempy's Thai and Zimbabwe Kariba.
This is a lower chunky bud, her main stem was snapped about 50%, but I taped and staked her back up. Main cola is still alive, just not as pretty as this one.
Still needs a few more weeks.

Top left corner poking through is a big re-vegged Super Silver Sour Thai Neville girl.

FellaAndrene

There's nothing new about this...
Like 13 years ago a spanish grower called "el rubio" found this lowland nepalí extreme nld type of plant. Show some photos here at icmag. I was looking for it since then
I got mine seeds straight from the source.
Well yeah, according to TRSC, the collected population is uniform in this trait, so it follows that it was bottlenecked and inbred locally, for a long time. It certainly was there before.

Who knows how long these Himalayan varieties have been growing on a certain hill or in a valley somewhere that is only visited by people during harvest time? Hundreds of years, possibly.