What's new

Red Bubba/ Ahmar Bubba

Redrum92

#3 left, #5 right. Bush strikes again. No amount of defoliating and clipping lower budsites can hold them back. Day 7 12/12. Just starting to flower.
AB run B day7f (2) - Copy.jpg

AB run B day7f (1) - Copy.jpg

Vigorous and healthy! Don't want to jinx it, but I'm feeling much better about this run showcasing these genetics properly. Had to run it again; that first one didn't nearly do them justice

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
woah hats off to you @Redrum92 those look even happier than they did a week ago! two slightly different expressions.
you can tell so much about how 'happy' a plant is by the angle it presents its leaves to the light.. and whether they curl down or sit flat.. obviously time of day influences this a bit too. Those plants to my eye are at peak happiness !
🍿
VG

Redrum92

woah hats off to you @Redrum92 those look even happier than they did a week ago! two slightly different expressions.
you can tell so much about how 'happy' a plant is by the angle it presents its leaves to the light.. and whether they curl down or sit flat.. obviously time of day influences this a bit too. Those plants to my eye are at peak happiness !
🍿
VG
Yes! I am so thankful nothing went wrong this time. Definitely much easier to see phenotype presentation when they are happy! And yes I think these pics were first thing in the morning at lights on, so they were looking extra perky. They don't droop much even at the end of the day, tbh.

Redrum92

ooh looking nice! - both have an insane amount of frost for 15 days!. No 3 a bit more than 5 from the pics

VG :tiphat:

25* days. Not sure if typo or misread. They're super frosty, but don't want to give you false hope about them being freakishly fast lol. They're definitely not slow though. Honestly, now that I think about it, they were a little young, and didn't have any preflower pistils showing at day 1 of 12/12, so if you were to count it based on actual flowering time, maybe it would be closer to day 15... I just count days of 12/12, but that's certainly not a universal metric

Either way, frost absolutely did come in early, and is getting thicker by the day.

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It was a typo, i mean't 25 days! - yes from clone i always call that day 1 too. great frost for under 4 weeks !

Is there any sweetness to plant 3's smell? the Ahmar has a lot of skunky notes but usually some sweetness as well. probably a bit early yet but something to look out for.
VG

Redrum92

It was a typo, i mean't 25 days! - yes from clone i always call that day 1 too. great frost for under 4 weeks !

Is there any sweetness to plant 3's smell? the Ahmar has a lot of skunky notes but usually some sweetness as well. probably a bit early yet but something to look out for.
VG
Yes! They both have a sweetness I'm having a very hard time describing. It's maybe somewhere between perfume and fruit, but in a very natural, subtle kind of way... or maybe like sweet herbs/potpourri/herbal tea? Nothing like the modern super sweet fruit strains.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm kind of glad you find it hard to describe too ! - because i've really struggled and it's a real feature of the Ahmar. Sometimes like the smell of Turkish Delight is about as near as ive got... Possibly a mixture of rotten fruit and floral.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fantastic!
Bud structure for both Ahmar and Bubba is similar in terms of shape - the Ahmar is bigger and not quite as dense.... but the pistils are different.
No3 looks like it has longer, finer, Ahmar leaning pistils and No 5 are fatter, and fewer, bubba style pistils.
also possibly a bit of 'red' influence on No3 with the petioles a strong colour.

VG :tiphat:

Last edited: