What's new

Real Life - contribute freely

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One group of about 10,000 indigenous children at a re-education school (internment center) in Pennsylvania stolen from their parents so that 'nicer' Americans could have their cool New York apartments and choice farmland. Parents who fought to keep their kids were imprisoned or cut off food supply on reservations (internment centers).

1720289362263.png

buzzmobile

Veteran

CODE OF LAWS​

1. If any one ensnare another, putting a ban upon him, but he can not prove it, then he that ensnared him shall be put to death.

2. If any one bring an accusation against a man, and the accused go to the river and leap into the river, if he sink in the river his accuser shall take possession of his house. But if the river prove that the accused is not guilty, and he escape unhurt, then he who had brought the accusation shall be put to death, while he who leaped into the river shall take possession of the house that had belonged to his accuser.

3. If any one bring an accusation of any crime before the elders, and does not prove what he has charged, he shall, if it be a capital offense charged, be put to death.

4. If he satisfy the elders to impose a fine of grain or money, he shall receive the fine that the action produces.

5. If a judge try a case, reach a decision, and present his judgment in writing; if later error shall appear in his decision, and it be through his own fault, then he shall pay twelve times the fine set by him in the case, and he shall be publicly removed from the judge's bench, and never again shall he sit there to render judgement.

6. If any one steal the property of a temple or of the court, he shall be put to death, and also the one who receives the stolen thing from him shall be put to death.

7. If any one buy from the son or the slave of another man, without witnesses or a contract, silver or gold, a male or female slave, an ox or a sheep, an ass or anything, or if he take it in charge, he is considered a thief and shall be put to death.

8. If any one steal cattle or sheep, or an ass, or a pig or a goat, if it belong to a god or to the court, the thief shall pay thirtyfold therefor; if they belonged to a freed man of the king he shall pay tenfold; if the thief has nothing with which to pay he shall be put to death.

9. If any one lose an article, and find it in the possession of another: if the person in whose possession the thing is found say "A merchant sold it to me, I paid for it before witnesses," and if the owner of the thing say, "I will bring witnesses who know my property," then shall the purchaser bring the merchant who sold it to him, and the witnesses before whom he bought it, and the owner shall bring witnesses who can identify his property. The judge shall examine their testimony--both of the witnesses before whom the price was paid, and of the witnesses who identify the lost article on oath. The merchant is then proved to be a thief and shall be put to death. The owner of the lost article receives his property, and he who bought it receives the money he paid from the estate of the merchant.

10. If the purchaser does not bring the merchant and the witnesses before whom he bought the article, but its owner bring witnesses who identify it, then the buyer is the thief and shall be put to death, and the owner receives the lost article.

Ya'll behave yourselves. There's a new sheriff in town.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Woman stops 12 ft gator with .22 pistol!
"Florida Woman Stops Alligator Attack Using a small .22 caliber Ruger Pistol." Another good reason to have a concealed weapons permit.
This is a story of self-control and marksmanship by a brave, cool-headed woman with a small pistol against a fierce predator.
Here's her story in her own words: "While walking along the edge of a pond just outside my house in the Villages discussing a property settlement with my soon-to-be ex-husband, and other divorce issues, we were surprised by a huge 12-ft alligator which suddenly emerged from the murky water.
It began charging us with its large jaws wide open. She must have been protecting her nest because she was extremely aggressive.
"If I had not had my little Ruger 22 caliber pistol with me, I would not be here today! Just one shot to my estranged husband's knee cap was all it took.
The gator got him easily, and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace. The amount I saved in lawyer's fees was really incredible and his life insurance was also a big bonus!"

armedoldhippy

Veteran
"If I had not had my little Ruger 22 caliber pistol with me, I would not be here today! Just one shot to my estranged husband's knee cap was all it took.
The gator got him easily, and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace. The amount I saved in lawyer's fees was really incredible and his life insurance was also a big bonus!"
:biglaugh::good:

buzzmobile

Veteran
Woman stops 12 ft gator with .22 pistol!
"Florida Woman Stops Alligator Attack Using a small .22 caliber Ruger Pistol." Another good reason to have a concealed weapons permit.
This is a story of self-control and marksmanship by a brave, cool-headed woman with a small pistol against a fierce predator.
Here's her story in her own words: "While walking along the edge of a pond just outside my house in the Villages discussing a property settlement with my soon-to-be ex-husband, and other divorce issues, we were surprised by a huge 12-ft alligator which suddenly emerged from the murky water.
It began charging us with its large jaws wide open. She must have been protecting her nest because she was extremely aggressive.
Damned good shot! LOL

moose eater

And then We were found
The one thing we’ve learned, is there’s one thing for sure
that history is there’s who would write it
That those who would rule, would give us their truth
and force us all here to recite it
From Ancient Greek cultures, to grand Persian sultans
to empires of Egypt and Rome
and China’s great wall, speaks nothing at all
of culture and history at home
Was ours not worth knowing? Our people, our story?
Of customs that long had been here
Of a world that was true, and not really brand new
On record for thousands of years
Their history portrays, we were sadly misplaced
When three Spanish ships ran aground
And five hundred nations received their salvation
after waiting so long to be found
But we did pretty good for being ‘lost in the woods
dating back to 10 thousand BC
Our writings were words, not hieroglyph forms
like those found in Egypt and Greece
Our writings have shown, this long had been home
and something the Maya were proud of
For infinite seasons, their garden of Eden
was one they were never cast out of
The Anasazi had built a palace with cliffs
which spirit inspired the thunder
This great canyon remains in four-corner states
A Mecca they simply called Wonder
So why weren’t we schooled of this nation of jewels
with traditions we still remember?
A culture so near that in twelve hundred years
we’d be taking a train up to Denver
Fort Ancients evolved with what they would call
Three Sisters of corn, squash and beans
And before they were found, their Great Serpent Mound
was crowned at Ohio Brush Creek
The Cahokian tribes built their cities astride
the greatest American rivers
One village maintained, and completely sustained
thirty nine thousand civilians
But one of the greatest nations of Natives
emerged from a Nahua reliance
From the Mexico Valley stood a glorious palace
brought forth by the Aztec alliance
The pyramid culture was left for the future
which spoke of the people’s creator
And we’d truly admired the Incan Empire
which prospered around the equator
Before they were found the Taíno were strong
and harvested land and the sea
They used ancient ways for travel and trade
while maintaining the guidelines for peace
For thousands of years, these nations were here
with resources, wealth and with power
Sharing assets abound, before they were found
Before the fruit had turned sour
Then Columbus showed up with three loads of nuts
The Taíno received them as friends
The white folks had thought the Natives were lost
And Natives were sure it was them
Though cordial at first, this visit got worse
They resembled those guests we all know
They wear out their welcome, won’t do what you tell them
and seems like they’ll never go home
On their very next trip they had seventeen ships
and the Natives would soon to discover
they weren’t here to trade, but to kill and enslave
and make riches for only each other
In a four year time two-thirds of them died
a genocide in a full swing
Slaying young and the old, for God and for gold
for them was that’s very same thing
The Columbus regime, was a killing machine
that ruled with terror and fear
This man once admired was finally fired
so brutal he scared his own peers
But his rule still applied that all Natives must die
throughout the Caribbean nations
And a million once strong were soon dead and gone
through murder, disease and starvation
We were much better off back when we were lost
back when we could truly excel
One way or another all Natives discovered
Columbus was sent here from hell
And this is the case to destroy a whole race
with no trace of hundreds of nations
Telling natives in class, enshrined Euro-trash
is honored for killing relations
And by teaching our youth their version of truth
is keeping their legend intact
They're entitled to keep the opinions they reap
but never entitled to facts
And that’s where it’s at, they’re ashamed of the facts
of what they had done to the Natives
they can’t figure out, just how to slide out
from lies that they’ve created
So on Columbus day we’ll rain on parades
To compete with the lies and distortion
The facts they’re bending denies ethnic cleansing
that happened in massive proportions
If it’s Columbus you want, he’s yours but don’t flaunt
by teaching this perjury in class
Though Natives are known for signals of smoke
We don’t need it blown up our Ass
(Author) Daaxkoowadein ~

1724293546286.png

moose eater

For whom?

I, myself, was contemplating a flight to Bolivia in the next who-knows-how-long-of-a-while. About $1,240 to $1,250 USD and on up, plus $160 USD for a visa.

Though there've been folks who've traced a path very similar to the one you've outlined, who've done that with everything from motorcycles to cars or vans. I think even bicycles.

I'm more of a short-term gratification guy anymore, however.

But if you or someone I'm somewhat acquainted with makes it here, there's a fair bit of property, a well, and always lots of grub around. And good beer and weed, too.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For whom?

I, myself, was contemplating a flight to Bolivia in the next who-knows-how-long-of-a-while. About $1,240 to $1,250 USD and on up, plus $160 USD for a visa.

Though there've been folks who've traced a path very similar to the one you've outlined, who've done that with everything from motorcycles to cars or vans. I think even bicycles.

I'm more of a short-term gratification guy anymore, however.

But if you or someone I'm somewhat acquainted with makes it here, there's a fair bit of property, a well, and always lots of grub around. And good beer and weed, too.
Basically tongue in cheek re 2 old codgers creating adventure - likely not really - real life. Likewise if you end up in my hood.

moose eater

Basically tongue in cheek re 2 old codgers creating adventure - likely not really - real life. Likewise if you end up in my hood.
You can probably find his blog, or reports of him online, but a fellow who I believe is in his 50s just completed the Haul Road (up to Prudhoe Bay) on his Harley. Can't recall right now where he started his journey from, but it was far away from here..

My spine won't lift up an Electraglide anymore (My 2 FLHS's had curb weights of about 735 lbs. if I recall correctly, and once upon a time I could get them upright again by myself; no more). Not to mention the stress on the spine of riding 10-16 hours a day cross-country, even with a comfy seat with a shearling fleece cover on the seat, which did improve my distance by 150 to 200 miles a day or so, by the way.

And not enough gumption or energy to even think about bicycling or walking/hiking that trip.

But in an economical diesel 4x4 conversion van, maybe? Given sufficient funds and relative political stability in the countries being transited.

Many who've done that trip with slower modes of travel, to include bicycles, etc., have taken it in segments; a bit this year, a bit more next year, etc.

moose eater

Not the same guy (he was, I believe, from Minnesota), but South America to Alaska, or vice versa.

At either end of some similar long journeys, a person can often find a really good deal on a used motorcycle.

:)

Just make sure you look over the bike really closely. :)

moose eater

crabs got tails ? i'll be damned... :oops:
A small armor-shelled squarish plate underneath a king crab has within it, a square of slightly different texture king crab meat that, years ago, few harvested for any commercial use (most crabs have a 'tail' near their anus, in fact, sort of a flap over the anus, but the larger the crab, typically the bigger the 'tail').

There was ONE restaurant in Homer, Alaska back then, 46 years ago, that served king crab tails on their menu, I believe it was called the Ebb Tide, or similar to that.

Paid like paupers, and eating like kings.