What's new

Competition REAL GORILLA SEEDS DIARY COMP 2023

St. Phatty

I would love to try a Gorilla strain.

I like long-flowering strains BUT outdoors I lose the sun around mid-October.

Pink Cherry Pie sounds like a Good Choice.

I like using Wood Ash and Char as soil boosters - but the Wood Ash is VERY RICH in Calcium.

So I mix the Wood Ash & Char in with chicken manure & straw, and the original soil.

Hoping that the rains are washing away any excess of Calcium.

linde

I like using Wood Ash and Char as soil boosters - but the Wood Ash is VERY RICH in Calcium.

So I mix the Wood Ash & Char in with chicken manure & straw, and the original soil.

That sounds great. I always prep my holes as soon as the ground thaws. Give it time to settle. Im pretty simple just mix composted cow manure with the top soil 50/50. Throw a handful of dried blood meal,. Bone meal and a pinch of dolomite lime. I like a heavy soil outdoors. Let it sit a couple months before planting time. Here in Northern Michigan we can get hard frost all the way up to June 1st but I usually plant mid to late May. Cover plants if frost threats come. Most outdoor indicas will prematurely flower then reveg if put out too early so I'd wait til atleast mid May to plant. Good luck to ya

St. Phatty

That sounds great. I always prep my holes as soon as the ground thaws. Give it time to settle. Im pretty simple just mix composted cow manure with the top soil 50/50. Throw a handful of dried blood meal,. Bone meal and a pinch of dolomite lime. I like a heavy soil outdoors. Let it sit a couple months before planting time. Here in Northern Michigan we can get hard frost all the way up to June 1st but I usually plant mid to late May. Cover plants if frost threats come. Most outdoor indicas will prematurely flower then reveg if put out too early so I'd wait til atleast mid May to plant. Good luck to ya

Heavy in terms of Nutes, or heavy in terms of soil density ?

The gravel I am using is extra heavy. I suspect it has natural metal in it like Copper-iron Sulfides in rocks like Chalco Pyrite.

Serious, 1 gallon of the sand weighs about 18 pounds. A full bucket - without water - weighs about 90 pounds.

Anyway, I'm using 1 part gravel, 2 parts soil, to dilute the soil mix that is over-nuted for some Cannabis plants, like some phenotypes of Cinderella 99.

linde

Heavy in terms of Nutes, or heavy in terms of soil density ?

The gravel I am using is extra heavy. I suspect it has natural metal in it like Copper-iron Sulfides in rocks like Chalco Pyrite.

Serious, 1 gallon of the sand weighs about 18 pounds. A full bucket - without water - weighs about 90 pounds.

Anyway, I'm using 1 part gravel, 2 parts soil, to dilute the soil mix that is over-nuted for some Cannabis plants, like some phenotypes of Cinderella 99.
Soil density. No perilite

Goodherb

I have wood Ash, but better ,I think is volcano Ash, from not to long ago eruption.mix in with original soil chicken,goat, rabbit manure's also egg shells,sea kelp. Hopefully I will participated in Gorilla outdoor contest .

linde

Does your soil have a specific mixer that makes it heavy ?

Some heavy elements are very welcome in soil. Gold for example.
I just buy the cow manure at the store in bags. Then mix it 50,/50 with the grounds top Soil in the hole. I don't use the Promix BX outdoors. I keep it simple. Hell cannabis is a weed it'll grow in nearly any condition. Sometimes less is more

Hillbilly69

Ouuuu! This will be good! I just got a bunch of RGS outdoor gear, including some of the older canadian bred strains that I've grown on the east coast of canada like 15 years ago. I'm new to IC mag though, so hopefully I can build up enough posts to participate. My plans for this summer.
Freezland
Mighty Gold
Mighty Freeze
Whitey Freeze
MAAF
And try to find a good GG#2 or #3 male to make some crosses.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Ouuuu! This will be good! I just got a bunch of RGS outdoor gear, including some of the older canadian bred strains that I've grown on the east coast of canada like 15 years ago. I'm new to IC mag though, so hopefully I can build up enough posts to participate. My plans for this summer.
Freezland
Mighty Gold
Mighty Freeze
Whitey Freeze
MAAF
And try to find a good GG#2 or #3 male to make some crosses.
Sounds like a good line up, looking forward to your thread :tiphat:

DubTerror

time to wake up the gorillas

Attachments

• IMG_20230422_104923_5.jpg
    IMG_20230422_104923_5.jpg
    749 KB · Views: 51

DubTerror

Hi
My plants after two weeks, looks really good.

Attachments

• IMG_20230507_084529_2.jpg
    IMG_20230507_084529_2.jpg
    925.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20230507_084602_6.jpg
    IMG_20230507_084602_6.jpg
    738.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20230507_084639_3.jpg
    IMG_20230507_084639_3.jpg
    819.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20230507_084614_6.jpg
    IMG_20230507_084614_6.jpg