What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Rantings and Ravings

smilley

Veteran
All the clones are still green 8 days after cutting. I've started taking the dome off twice a day for 10 minutes at a time. They seem to be perking up a little so hopefully they are starting to root. I'm hoping to remove the dome completely by this time next week. The clones in the red solo cups aren't doing much but I don't expect to see any roots for a couple more weeks.

20241001_104255.jpg

smilley

Veteran
I've got the 2nd quantum board installed so I have 720 watts of lighting above the plants. They're at 7 days of 12/12 and starting to push out pistils. If the clones root quickly, I'm hoping to take off 4 crops by the end of May 2025.

20241001_104326.jpg

smilley

Veteran
The clones are 12 days since cutting. I took off the dome twice today for 25 minutes at a time. I think they are mostly rooted and I'll remove the dome permanently in two days. I'll probably continue with bottom heat for a few more days after that.

20241006_141822.jpg

smilley

Veteran
The clones in the red solo cups look like they've been ridden hard and put to bed wet but the submerged stems are producing bumps and the terminal ends are unfolding and perking up. I only need 9 for the next crop so I'll get those from the pro-mix clones which I'll repot in 5 days. I'm going to pot up one of the water clones today to see if it'll take. I'm just experimenting now since it's been years since I've done any cloning.

20241010_120627.jpg

smilley

Veteran
I downloaded an app (Photone) for measuring PAR using my android phone. I'm sure it's no very accurate but will give me an idea of how well I've balanced the light output from the two leds. I've tried to set the light intensity to 750 ppfd at the tops. The back row is taller so gets it a higher ppfd. I'll watch the plants and see how they fare at this level and make adjustments on the subsequent crops.

20241014_113812.jpg

smilley

Veteran
I repotted all the pro-mix clones into their finishing pots at 21 day since cutting. Good root mass. The water clones have bumps on the stems below the water line but no roots yet. I discarded half of the water clones due to space considerations and lack of need. I'll report back when they do produce roots. The veg room is full...

20241015_133416.jpg
20241015_135331.jpg

Last edited:

smilley

Veteran
Iced Skunk

Iced Skunk Fem was born of Skunk and White Widow back in the 90s.
She has the massive buds of the skunk with the kick of the classic White Widow.
Iced Skunk is known to have high THC levels, smells of fuel, and flowers in 8 weeks. It's known to be best grown indoors.

This is the description from Canuk Seeds. Hope it's accurate but who knows... The pic below is the smallest of the 4 I have and the nicest structure. A true Christmas tree shape. They have a bit of skunk smell to them but nothing overpowering yet. I didn't take a clone of this one
20241016_144403.jpg
but I have clones of the rest.

All the plants are coming out of the room tomorrow for undergrowth removal and other necessary pruning. All is good in the grow room today.