What's new

questions about pipe smoking

sajesak

hey guys

so recently i bought a glass pipe. a small one. im not used to smoking out of them. the only type of bowl i evrr used was from a waterbottle bong lol.

how exactly do u smoke out of these? there are 3 holes the mouthpeice, the bowl nd the choke. or w.e u call the little hole on the side.
also i heard about the term snappping a bowl. but evrytime i heard it the pppl were reffering to bongs. can u snap a glass pipe bowl? nd of u cud how?

i know this sounds incredibly noobish to most ppl but i need some help. also any tips about how to reduce smell from glass pipe smoking wud be much appreciated

sajesak

hey guys

so recently i bought a glass pipe. a small one. im not used to smoking out of them. the only type of bowl i evrr used was from a waterbottle bong lol.

how exactly do u smoke out of these? there are 3 holes the mouthpeice, the bowl nd the choke. or w.e u call the little hole on the side.
also i heard about the term snappping a bowl. but evrytime i heard it the pppl were reffering to bongs. can u snap a glass pipe bowl? nd of u cud how?

i know this sounds incredibly noobish to most ppl but i need some help with weed pipes. also any tips about how to reduce smell from glass pipe smoking wud be much appreciated
thanks in advance for any help

goingrey

Well a pipe like this with the carb (/choke) is used to smoke things that you take big hits from and inhale deep. Cannabis flowers for example. Different from most tobacco pipes that are generally designed for sipping a small amount of smoke at a time for mouth puffs, no inhaling.

How do you smoke them? Well you put some weed in the bowl, a finger on the carb, light and draw, once you feel enough has burned let go of the carb but keep on sucking and let the fresh air push all of the smoke from inside the pipe into your lungs.

I believe snapping a bowl is when you burn everything in the bowl in one go until it's just small ash that and "snaps" through the hole at the bottom. Depending on the pipe you use it might not be as nice as with a bong because that ash could end up in your mouth rather than the bongwater.

exoticrobotic

snappping a bowl

I believe snapping a bowl is when you burn everything in the bowl in one go until it's just small ash that and "snaps" through the hole at the bottom. Depending on the pipe you use it might not be as nice as with a bong because that ash could end up in your mouth rather than the bongwater.

Thats for water bongs right? You pull the lit bowl's last bit - the cherry through into the water so fast it crackles and snaps in the water similar to when Potassium gets dunked in water?

You have to keep your finger covering the bong's airhole at all times to snap a bowl.

I personally preferred a 3L Coke bottle and a bucket of water.

goingrey

Thats for water bongs right? You pull the lit bowl's last bit - the cherry through into the water so fast it crackles and snaps in the water similar to when Potassium gets dunked in water?

You have to keep your finger covering the bong's airhole at all times to snap a bowl.

I personally preferred a 3L Coke bottle and a bucket of water.
Yep.

In America they don't seem to have carbs on their bongs at all. Just lift the bowl for the same effect. I like the carb though, more control, can still lift the bowl...

3l gravity bong to me sounds somewhat unnecessary, some kind of Great Depression era gotta get something out of the tiniest amount type behavior.. :D I mean waste not want not but, yeah..

exoticrobotic

3l gravity bong to me sounds somewhat unnecessary, some kind of Great Depression era gotta get something out of the tiniest amount type behavior.. :D I mean waste not want not but, yeah..

3L gravity bongs are a Canna right of passage

Everyone snapping a bowl should try it :biggrin:

Last edited:

exoticrobotic

Is snapping a bowl the noise the bowl makes when you are still sucking but move the bowl up a tiny bit and it snaps back down?

For the US water bongs without an additional airhole?

goingrey

Is snapping a bowl the noise the bowl makes when you are still sucking but move the bowl up a tiny bit and it snaps back down?

For the US water bongs without an additional airhole?
Nah, the bowl stays put for a snap. Need the kind of bowl with a small hole, not the ones you would use a screen with.

exoticrobotic

how to reduce smell from glass pipe smoking wud be much appreciated
Maybe something like this?

Screenshot 2023-09-30 at 09.49.11.png

Last edited:

goingrey

Personally I consider weed and even more so hash an incense that improves the smell of the room.