D45 PZA5-12.jpg

D45 PZA5-11.jpg

#3, yellow-green stigma
D45 PZA5-4.jpg

Hope you enjoy!
tZ

MrHamilton

Veteran
Mine just showed up in the mail this week, thanks Mandala and dubi. These will be part of the next batch I start, but I’m going to let the 11/13 tent clear out before then.
Hope to see more results posted here.

The Zientist

Veteran
D52 - 11/13
D52 (1).jpg

They are packing weight and been more or less thriving (they are thirsty there).
Recently something has been throwing them off (I bet it's the higher PFFD near the led fixture, still have to bring myself to measure it). It's becoming more generalized and with higher incidence at the top portion, so that would be in line with that.

Promising on the aroma department. Seems like PZ took the A5 to another level, at least comparing them to any of my 8 A5S1. I'll wait a bit more to write about them, though much more projecting, fresh and spicy than the A5S1 progeny, which was mostly leaf decay and damp moistness to me, with the occasional sandalwood.

PZA5#1, stunning structure and easy to dial in.
D52 (2).jpg

PZA5#2, very "South African" looking bud structure. Not the happiest but she'll live.
D52 (7).jpg

PZA5#3, yellow green stigma and a bit of a bitch. Biggest trichome heads and the chunkiest. Buds on a stick
D52 (3).jpg

D52 (17).jpg

PZA5#4, stout bud development and perhaps the most resinous. Sticky wicky. Tied with #3 for trichome size, maybe.
D52 (15).jpg

PZA5#5, not the most resinous overall, but the trichome coverage in the bracts is of the records. Seems highly african influenced in its floral structure too.
D52 (14).jpg
D52 (11).jpg

Hope you've enjoyed and you soon! The best part is almost here, late flowering and sampling. Yum.
tZ

PS: They have never been liquid fed. When they tell you they are nutrient efficient, they are really. Half amended soil and still a bit over the top. Stunningly efficient.

Last edited:

The Zientist

Veteran
Wow again a really nice update! I am really impressed how good you manage these picky plants.
I will certainly follow your approach.
Cheers
They manage themselves really, but I appreciate your words. I should have made less (i.e. reduce the % of amendments perhaps to 1/4 of normal), perhaps more aeration on the media too.

They take very little water too.

The Zientist

Veteran
Just for me to get it right. Should I mix for instance Bio Bizz Allmix with coco in a 3:1 ratio?
As aeration materials I would think more like perlite, vermiculite, rice hulls or pumice.

I use light mix from biobizz as a base for my blend. From my experience, all mix can be a bit too hot (high EC) for some of these genetics. Definitely too much N.

As for ratios I would use 2/3 light mix + 1/3 rice hulls and vermiculite blend

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Things are getting interesting there @The Zientist ;) Thanks for your weekly updates.
Are discreet in smell or starting to emanate different interesting terps ?

Plants look to me a bit out of ph and too high ec in the soil. I would check the ph first, correct it if needed, then see how the females continue doing their thing without adding much more pressure and evaluate again from there.

F2F

Very nice plants Zientist. I pick #1 for FTW 😎 Been following this grow and can’t wait to hear how these phenos smoke.
PZA5#1, stunning structure and easy to dial in.
D52 (2).jpg

structure of your #1 reminds me of the purple Zamal x NMK I grew. grown big OD the bottom put out massive branching resulting in a big bush, little leaf, 100’s of small-med sized buds like below. most psychedlic smoke I’ve grown.
full

Peace
F2F

The Zientist

Veteran
Things are getting interesting there @The Zientist ;) Thanks for your weekly updates.
Are discreet in smell or starting to emanate different interesting terps ?

Plants look to me a bit out of ph and too high ec in the soil. I would check the ph first, correct it if needed, then see how the females continue doing their thing without adding much more pressure and evaluate again from there.
My pleasure dubi.

Their aromas are discreet from afar, but perceivable. Only when you grab them up close and handle them a bit that their spicy freshness really pops. Interesting, to say the least.
Only #2 is mostly green and slight scent.

As for pH, definitely too. I'm watering around 5.8 to 6.2, though I think it's soil related. It's been a few cycle of reusing soil on top of re-amending. After the chemistry gets very complex and hard to grasp, without soil testing you're working blindly.

You'd bet up or down? I should order a soil test to know where it sits.
Very nice plants Zientist. I pick #1 for FTW 😎 Been following this grow and can’t wait to hear how these phenos smoke.

structure of your #1 reminds me of the purple Zamal x NMK I grew. grown big OD the bottom put out massive branching resulting in a big bush, little leaf, 100’s of small-med sized buds like below. most psychedlic smoke I’ve grown.
full

Peace
F2F
Thanks for your kind words and for sharing the thread. Your plant looks tasty! Beautiful and elegant.

Can't wait to smoke them too, hahah.

OZZ_

Veteran
:dance013: :headbange :headbange :headbange

Ohhhh yeah….. things are definitely getting juicy. Back when I was in soil I always made sure to water at 6.5-6.8 …. Even though there’s buffers in the soil I still wanted to stay in the golden range and not test those buffers if I didn’t need too…. Instead just leaving them to act as insurance. I’m wondering if you’re watering with too low a PH, some say you don’t need to PH your water in soil because of those buffers….. I found that wasn’t true, at least not with the soil I was using.

8495B791-4732-47D9-819A-EA3A5ACCD6EC.jpeg

….. looking like it’s going to be a great show really really interested in seeing how these finish for you!

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
yep, i also like to water-feed in soil with ph between 6.5-6.8.

Although soil buffers ph changes better than inert growing medias, if soil is continously watered-feeded with wrong ph then the ph of the soil will be out of range at the end as well.

Thanks @F2F for revisiting your lovely Purple Zamal x New Malawi Killer girl ;)

The Zientist

Veteran
Hey everyone!

D61 11/13

Haven't had much time and space to be able to document the journey more in-depth.
D61 (3).jpg

Flowers stack and volume increases. Aromas are nice, fresh, sweet and spicy. They keep as nutrient efficient as ever, I haven't once added any liquid fertilizers, water only from day one. And they are overfed lmao.
Bottom buds were pollinated with PCK male pollen mix. 'Zachi' Haze incoming.

Unfortunately, PZA5#2 (bottom right) has been showing to have a high incidence of intersex flowers, which I've been removing. But like hydras they keep reappearing, and they have already pollinated a few of her sibs. That's okay, it's a small pheno hunt cycle, these things happen and she's clearly not enjoying the apparent high EC of the soil mix.

PZA5#1 (bottom left), has also a few intersex flowers here and there, but sparse bananas and not troublesome individually. Both #3, #4 and #6 are intersex free as of now.

It seems PZA5#3 is ready to harvest. Surprisingly quick... One I presume would benefit from an actual veg period and perhaps 12/12 cycle.
D61 (4).jpg

Delightful sharp aromas that remind me of strawberries and incense, with a fresh pepper and menthol inhale. It's a definite keeper in that aspect. Can't wait to try it on the mighty, can only hope she has a matching effect as it would be a loss otherwise.
The yield was quite low, though this cycle wasn't catering toward her needs. I'm sure she's able to deliver much more weight. Reaching peak point of flower maturity at D61, what kind of outlier is she?
D61 (6).jpg

Mutants keep appearing on my lawn, check that thicc stalk. Check her major hulk-grade support:
D61 (5).jpg

Nice trichome development, she has both decently sized glands and lengthy trichomes:
D61 (12).jpg
D61 (16).jpg

If thing go well, we'll see how she does in coco soon enough. :giggle: @OZZ_

Thanks for sharing this passion, I'll catch you all soon.
tZ

Last edited:

The Zientist

Veteran
^
@dubi here's the report on the quick PZA5 pheno (#3) that I messaged you about.
She's pretty sticky wicky bud!
PZA5#3 (3).jpg

PZA5#3 (5).jpg

Soon we'll know how she scores. :)

Thanks from bringing them together amigo. I'll do them more justice after the next cycle.

@OZZ_ really appreciate your thorough support. I'll keep all your tips in mind.

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran

The Zientist

Veteran
D85 - 11/13: HARVEST
This harvest was rushed as #2 was pollinating all sibs with a strong intention, and #1 was starting to join the fight.
Between slight pH imbalance, LED toast and too hot of a soil mix, the Zamal side decided to set the intersex train in motion. A scrog net breaking midway and turning into a slingshot also caused some damage.

I would like to say better next time, but perhaps only #3 will be practical to keep as a mother, as all others are showing 'semi-auto' traits (with a differential in expression), even after root trim, 20/4 light cycle, repot and higher N feeds. :ROFLMAO:

I'll still be keeping them around for as long as possible until a proper evaluation of the final bud gets done.

Now, for the ladies:
PZA5#1: Sour musk, woody perfume with residual sweetness. Astringent.
PZA51 (1).jpg
PZA51 (5).jpg

#2: Earth, woodsy, slightly bitter. Not refined or intense.
PZA52.jpg

#4: Sour as fuck. Pungent greasy and foul.
PZA54 (2).jpg
PZA54 (4).jpg

#5: Orange juice. Sublime and subtle, no sourness.
PZA55 (1).jpg
PZA55 (3).jpg

Hope you enjoy. Soon the sampling will begin.

PS: Written under PZA5#3 effects: It's pretty nice, floaty and has lung expanding properties w/ a fresh exhale. Can be quite dense and narcotic, with a trippy edge. Surprising for a 60dayer.

Cya!
tZ

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
Excellent write up dude… Shame about the nanners but to be expected with the purple Zamal indoors I suppose, same with the auto flowering traits. I have a pack of these purple Zamal x A5 as well as some S1s now from a Purple Zamal x NMK….. I’ll know now to take it very easy on EC with them and keep a close eye on them. With purple Zamal crosses it’s probably something that could be selected away from with a few generations.

I’m very happy to have the chance to explore these genetics in their un-worked / F1 form. Very happy ACE offers them like this from the R&D section

Last edited:

The Zientist

Veteran
Excellent write up dude… Shame about the nanners but to be expected with the purple Zamal indoors I suppose, same with the auto flowering traits. I have a pack of these purple Zamal x A5 as well as some S1s now from a Purple Zamal x NMK….. I’ll know now to take it very easy on EC with them and keep a close eye on them. With purple Zamal crosses it’s probably something that could be selected away from with a few generations.

I’m svery happy to have the chance to explore these genetics in their un-worked / F1 form. Very happy ACE offers them like this from the R&D section
Thank you my friend. It's always great having you around and picking your brain.

Indeed, I didn't went easy on them with all the environmental stressors, their delicate nature had a constant set of triggers poking at all times.

For the water-only "micro" test cycle I've setup for, I think they still did well. I've some hope a vegging mother will be achieved, coincidentally the best of the sibs.

They are extremely nutrient efficient, something really worth considering. Next time I'll grow then at 1/3 or even 1/4 of my base soil amendment blend
Outdoors they should turn out to be huge beasts.

Zamal genepool derived genetics are know for their extreme traits, in regards to both intersex and semi-auto nature, as well as uneven ripeness and constant reflowers. Those tend to have far greater incidence and expressivity indoors

I knew from the start and still took the bait, no regrets at all. I'm here for the fun and exploration. To document the journey alike, road bumps, sunshine and everything in-between as accurate as possible. 😙

It was still a pleasure to be able to grow them out and I'm thankful for having ACE providing the genetics.
Big thanks to dubi for allowing them to meet each other and for their trust and kindness.

Last edited:

F2F

Just a couple lines I’ve run, but seems plants with Zamal in them tend to be tough tough tough. Underwater and go dry? No problemo. Too much N? Well, she’ll get dark but won’t burn. Cold? Meh…”hold my beer she says” lol.

Good luck on your runs OZZ. 👍

Peace
F2F

OZZ_

Veteran
Just a couple lines I’ve run, but seems plants with Zamal in them tend to be tough tough tough. Underwater and go dry? No problemo. Too much N? Well, she’ll get dark but won’t burn. Cold? Meh…”hold my beer she says” lol.

Good luck on your runs OZZ. 👍

Peace
F2F

That’s great to hear brother… looking forward to popping them 😉🤘🤘🤘

Only plants I’ve run with the Zamal is just of course the Zamaldelica pheno hunt Im just finishing up but looking forward to trying the others for certain

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts