What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Pure Thai Sativas

StickyBandit

Howdy pardner, Texan too FWIW. I still have some of a friend's best collection of bagweed seeds from the 80's and 90's. He only saved the best from stuff he sold and smoked. Why I don't try them I don't know. I'm thinking about crossing that with some Ace sativas still in the fridge like their Golden Tiger X Panama.

I grew some Mex bagweed decades ago in the backyard in south Texas and it was a great clear sativa high. Mel Franks wrote "Mexican can be some of the best weed you can grow". That book was back in the 80's.

Word has it that's the old Mex sativas have been turned into the old hybrid mutts. 6 months ago I asked a friend who lives half of his life near Mazatlan how the Mex weed was and said it sucks. Said no matter what he smokes down there it's crap and he should know, he's a "gringo", married a Mex woman, has 3 kids living in Mexico, is friends with a few of the Jalisco CJNG cartel members.

.....but I digress.

View attachment 19033656

UB
These could be a treasure trove and their value is in keeping them pure primarily, anyone can make a cross. I would be preserving these so they don't get lost to time!
If I had them preserving them would be my priority! :)
Many seed companies would kill for these :p

Old Uncle Ben

I have a pack of Orient Express that I'm planning on starting end of summer indoors. I've heard nothing but good things. I'm sure we won't be disappointed. ACE has some really good genetics. I haven't grown the Panama/Malawi but I've grown straight Panama and Malawi. Both are exceptional. But that Malawi can devastate some people. The Panama is a great smoke but that Malawi can be a killer. Leaves some people stuck in a state of paranoia for a couple hours.
I smoked a lot of weed in the 60's that had that paranoia feel to it. Was pretty radical.

Old Uncle Ben

Seriously. I don't know what i was smoking in the late 90's but it was some good stuff
Back in the late 60's as a college student in Huntsville we got a lot of weed called "acid weed" from a Houston dealer. Was like a 30 minute trip. Some was paranoia weed too. Those were the daze of Thai stick too. The old Thai stick was nothing but a Thai bud wrapped with a cannabis/hemp thread top to bottom. Very trippy stuff that left me with a hangover the next day. Some speculated it was dipped in opium because of the potency. Was just good weed.

Been looking at a lot of Thai lately from all kinds of sources. Ace claims to have one with hermies being a rarity trait. As noted in this thread there are a few of the Thailand seedbanks which folks are buying from. Trust is the issue, like all seedbanks.

Recently grew out some pure indicas and a few have that smooth euphoric trippy high you'd expect from sativa. Cannacopia's Lapis Mtn. indica is my fave. Reminds me of the Lebanese blond hash back in the day. Soaring, smooooth. I reckon those strains are really not indica as much as a sativa landrace.

RobFromTX

Been looking at a lot of Thai lately from all kinds of sources. Ace claims to have one with hermies being a rarity trait. As noted in this thread there are a few of the Thailand seedbanks which folks are buying from. Trust is the issue, like all seedbanks.

Yes sir trust is the biggest issue for me and these banks. Lots of seediness in the seed business 😅 I'd love to grow some thai too man, ive read theres nothing like it. I think the chang mai thai from Ace is the one youre describing and ive got a 6 pack of those myself. I believe them about the stability, they worked it for a few years before release and theres some great grow reports on the thai thread.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I've only tried growing a couple of landrace Thais in recent years, but none of them pack the punch Thai stick did. Choc thai I was gifted came closest but hermied. Still have more to go through. All the Thais seem to have great highs, none the less.

Mango Thai from RSC was great for euphoria and will grow more of those.

Not grown ACEs Thai, but have grown Thai A5. This was a great pleasant, non paranoid high. I really like it but still chasing the stick high of old.

Has anyone had seeds that rivalled Thai stick?

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Got some of those in my vault as well. You grow them outdoors i take it?
No, I actually grow indoors. I'm in a great climate but just too much hassle and risk to do outdoors where I am. Some years I put the odd clone outside mid to late in the season (so they don't get too big) and honestly there's not much difference in quality. You can grow good sativas indoors if you have the hight. Would they be better outside in the sun and soil? For sure, but I live in an illegal country.

RobFromTX

No, I actually grow indoors. I'm in a great climate but just too much hassle and risk to do outdoors where I am. Some years I put the odd clone outside mid to late in the season (so they don't get too big) and honestly there's not much difference in quality. You can grow good sativas indoors if you have the hight.

I read one grower with a 33 week flower time. Crazy, but ive read its a superb high

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I read one grower with a 33 week flower time. Crazy, but ive read its a superb high
I'd believe it. I had a Manipuri that went over 9 months and was still pumping out hairs and I had the hours at 9.5. Just kept chugging along while several other plants came and went.
The Mango Thai's were reasonably ok for flowering. I think about 18 weeks from memory?

RobFromTX

I'd believe it. I had a Manipuri that went over 9 months and was still pumping out hairs and I had the hours at 9.5. Just kept chugging along while several other plants came and went.
The Mango Thai's were reasonably ok for flowering. I think about 18 weeks from memory?
And 18 weeks sounds very reasonable for something of that quality. Decent yields?

Based on what facts?
How about the trading of hybrid feminized seeds for those one of a kind landraces? And then of the landraces he collects, please make a list of all of those pure landraces he produces for sale. After you are tired of something that doesn't exist then how about how he has lied to the Thai government about his growing "tomato plants" in his large warehouses? Then for more fun, let's see what happens in Congo when he decides he is the King of Cannabis and the local warlord decides there is a dead dutchman.

Latest posts

Latest posts