What's new

Problem with ez-cloner...soft stems...HELP!!!!!!

A

ak-51

Ive been adding the chlorine mix 30ml per 5g per day....
Which formula are you using for mixing it? I found these slightly different formulas:

"¼ teaspoon in ½ gallon of water then 5 ml per gallon in the reservoir every 3-4 days"

"Get your self a 1 lb bag of HTH Pool shock non PH buffered available online and most hardware stores (bought mine from Ace). Mix 1 GRAM (450 in the bag) per gallon of solution."

Good luck
Thanks!

Whatever it is, it has shut me down. Got worse and worse over a year. I've tried chlorine bleach, pool shock, physan 20, mycorrhizae, earthworm casting tea, copper sulphate, four minute on one minute off timer, and UV sterilizers. Haven't successfully rooted a cutting in six months now. Totally sucks.
That is disheartening. If I can't get that cloner working I'm going to have to move back to rapid rooters or make another cloner. I shouldn't have to do that. I need something I spent $330 on to work.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey man
Fyi its got to be the hth shock...

I weighed out 1 gram of the pool shock and added it to 1 Gallon of tap water. This is your chlorine solution. I keep mine in an old milk gallon jug thing... The gallon should last a bit haha

Anyways... For every 5g of cloner water/solution/whatever you want to call it, i have been measuring out a full shot glass (aka 1oz/2tbls/30ml) of chlorine solution and adding it 1x per day.

Herbolizer suggested 1x per 3 days as EZ Clone suggests for thier chlorine mix. I went a little harder (because i was dosing daily) but no ill effects just roots.
Good luck

pankynugga

This explains all the troubles im having outta my Botonicare cloner......... i had some cuts slime on me this summer from lack of attn and i have had nothing but troubles since then. I have had this cloner for 5 years and only till now i have had any problems.... fukn thankful i read this thread and save me more headaches.

TokerAce

Ok i have ran an ez cloner for 3 years now and have ran into ever problem you can think of! If your temps are high yes use 1 cup of ewct it just works! To clean throw into bath tub with cold water and bleach and let run for a few hours, rinse and repeat! Now here is something most peeps dont think of! I use CLR ever 6 months to get everthing out of manifold and pump! If you use ewct you must clean in between every batch and clean out nozzles every 3 to 4 days! never ever use any water in it besides tap water! EVER!! All the bs additives listed here do nothing but cause a bigger mess! I lose maybe 1 or 2 clones every 6 months and have 60 in at all times! I dont use ewct because temps are great 75-78 degrees all day and night! I only clean every 3 months and add fresh tap water to top off! If you go more than 4 days with out having to top off drain 1 gallon out and add tap water! My water is junk and I have zero issues! Also use cloner water to water your trans plants the first couple time it works wonders!! TY and all of you will not agree with what i have said just my solutions that work for me

S

sweetestsin420

can i use bleach with synthetic nutrients?how much per 5gallon bucket?my airpump broke,so i have no way to agitate the water

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
i tried the pool shock shit... kept the bacteria at day but no roots... did that for about 2 weeks... you could see one nub... poured that shit out replaced the water with ro water and some EWC tea ive been brewing for 24 hours and had roots on all but 2 within 4 days...

for some reason the hth shit just didnt work.. but the tea kicks ass..

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had a problem with my DIY cloner a couple of years back , soft rotting stems started after good results for years , serious cleaning did not help and replaced everything to no avail.

Trivial cost to me but have heard of people binning expensive factory kit as a last resort.

After much fiddling and cussing it turned out to be the thermometer built into a cheap pH pen i was useing to set a heated thermostatic tray , showing low 70,s in the res when the actual temp was over 80.

Checked by chance when i found the original old mercury thermometer , which never goes out of callibration.

Onepunchko

I had the same problem and of coarse cleanliness is very important, but the one thing that saved my cloner from being thrown through a window was when I started making sure that they were positioned right with no more then I'd say a half inch poking out the bottom. As long as I do that and keep it clean, I hardly ever even loose 1 clone ( and I do 120 at a time every 2 weeks

nomaad

Veteran
I use fresh pucks everytime FWIW. Locking down the pH is VERY important. I find that OG's of the "difficult to root" variety (OG heads will know what I mean) will run at 50% if the pH veers off of 6.0-6.2 and half of that 50% will pop a root or two- at which point I will transplant them. In the same cloner TK (project delta) will give me 99% once I have gotten the pH stabilized. (I have well water that fluctuates in its mineral content throughout the year) temp also plays a role in pH lockdown, so it takes a day or so to just get to the room temp plus whatever heat is getting generated by the pump.

My best runs are well coordinated. Two days focusing on absolute pH lockdown and then filling them immediately when I am certain that I have no pH issues. I usually get everything out in 7 days with the exception of the "DTR" OG stragglers- out at 10 days.

I run bleach for 2 days- heavy. I drop new bleach in for the second full day. I fully believe this sterilizes the system. I am betting there is a silicon abrasive you could employ in your cleaning solution to scrape them clean of all particulate off as well.

I suggest that buying the kit required to make new pvc manifolds is actually the simplest method. home-made manifolds are 100% as good as the ezcloner units. better, really because they can be disassembled and the pieces cleaned with a bottle brush each run.

What's good about the EZ's is the construction of the unit. I made my first unit DIY, but fell in love with the EZ's external design. No leakiness, etc. But the manifold makes no difference.

to build u need the two drill bits required to make the threaded holes for the red sprayers. I do not have their precise specs handy but they can fosho be found in DIY cloner thread.

Also, I find that taking off the red sprayers at cleanup, putting them in a masson jar half filled with bleach or physan solution (i use the african violet strength on the old bottles) and shake shak shake, you will SEE all that shit just come right out and float in the water. change the water several times -shaking each time- until NOTHING releases.

Use new blades every time you cut clones. Cut clones underwater in a pyrex baking tray.

Don't get sloppy.

I am just throwing out there every thing I know about ongoing long term high volume aerocloning. I have had all the ups and downs and I'm getting close to a locked-in system.

I am going to use the pool shock treatments on my next run.

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
Hey...just to finish up this thread. I threw my TurboKloner in the street....and am now successfully cloning in rapid rooters...following JJ scorpio's cloning thread helped a great deal. Nothing ez about ez cloners IMO.

TpM

nomaad

Veteran
I'll take any 120 site ez cloners that are collecting dust anywhere in northern cali. Just let me know. I'll pay 30% of retail for them too.

A

ak-51

I am awaiting the return of my manifold and then I'll be using the home-made clear-rez solution.

If I can get it working the way it was when I got it then I'll be fine.

I think everybody who has owned one can agree that it DID work good at one point. But then they just take a dump.