What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Preservations

Side note: (Web find) well known Breeder

I used a male Deep Chunk, that sported a few pistils (early in flower), to outcross to a bunch of strains with...from what I saw the herm tendencies were neither greater nor lesser than if I had used a standard male. It did not guard against hermies in the progeny (as per DJ Short's claims) and it did not induce a plethora of herms in the offspring either.

From my experience I found this to be... 😏 True or False? I know the answer

Here's the story of one of my strains.
(Purple Kush Auto) Regs

I got hold of this strain a few years back after it was discontinued. When I received it, it was in its F8 generation. During my first grow, I noticed that the males were producing pistils, which led me to cull them initially. Almost every male showed this trait, while the females were unaffected. I reached out to the breeder, but he dismissed my concerns, essentially calling me a liar.
Undeterred, I did another seed run with a different batch, but the same issue persisted: males producing pistils, while the females grew into stunning plants with beautiful hues of purple, red, pink, black, and a very rare and unique grey bud. I continued to selectively breed for the red colors.
Throughout this process, the offspring remained consistent. The males would occasionally produce a few pistils, but the females continue to flourish.

I've successfully cloned this one. There are two more that are identical, but they're off to a rough start. I'm waiting for them to grow so I can clone them before they enter the flowering stage. This preservation process will take as long as two regular preservation cycles.

Attachments

• 20241014_044140.jpg
    20241014_044140.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • 20241014_044135.jpg
    20241014_044135.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • 20241014_044132.jpg
    20241014_044132.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
I've got a lot on my plate and I'm questioning whether I have enough time to accomplish everything I want before I expire. Preservation 3 started off poorly, which means it will take twice as long as a normal preservation to get back on track. I'm not one to abandon a project just because things aren't going smoothly. I'm supposed to be close to finishing Preservation 3 but am far from it. For now, Preservation 4 is on hold until I can wrap up Preservation 3.

Preservations 4 and 5 are amazing! It took me quite a while to acquire those seeds from a breeder I befriended. Once he understood my intentions and plans, he generously opened up his genetic library to me. His kindness has been invaluable. He’ll be receiving seeds from every preservation I complete.