What's new

Pre98 Bubba Kush & Katsu's Bubba Kush Comparison Thread

TDK

Veteran
This are some keepers from Katsu's Bluebird Bubba Kush F2 seedline... when he received the green Bubba cut from Green Crack Man he later received pollen from another member, produced some seeds and this are the offspring. This is a regular seedline, I had like 8 full firm males that looked outstanding, I'm keeping 2 or 3 of them around.

There were several mixed green and dark purple phenos. Some more chemmy/skunky while others more fruity. Most were quite stretchy and low production plants. This were my two favourites from 3 interesting plants i've found among all the 16, they had the best structure, resin yield and were banana free.

This one totally looks like Peyote Purple... now I understand where those PP expressions came from!

View Image

This is my keeper, nicknamed "Fire cut" because of those beautiful red/orange leaves, she's the sweetest one from all. Never smoked any of them yet but so far they look interesting.

View Image

View Image

I've hear that too but I'm pretty sure its just random bullshit from someone who started the rumour in order to make others believe they really have something different or more valuable that no one else has. The Cannabusiness u know?

There's just one legit Bubba Kush cut anyway as far as I know, the one that originated at Matt Berger's room by that accidental pollination and was later renamed the 98 cut... the rest should be simply S1s or seedlines based on them (Mint, Orgnkid's green cut, Purple Bubba, Peyote Purple, Katsu's seedline, etc).

By the way, why does people keep calling the green cut Katsu's clone when Katsu actually bought the cut from GreenCrack Man for $500, who sourced it from Orgnkid before? So more like Orgnkid's green cut rather than katsu's, isn't it? Besides Katsu Bluebird was the member that passed it along all over the scene.

Did Orgnkid receive the cut from someone else or did he found it among the S1s he produced from the original Bubba Kush clone only?

Peace.

Katsu's quote:

i love your´s already...
Great Color... nice Resin..jumjum

Castroman

Can someone please summarize for a foreigner what's so appealing about Bubba Kush? I don't have access to any version of Bubba Kush. From what I read I don't see the appeal of a plant with small yields of couchlocky weed. Is it the coffee flavor? Because if that's the reason, well, just have a ristretto.

Last edited:

KONY

Veteran
Can someone please summarize for a foreigner what's so appealing about Bubba Kush? I don't have access to any version of Bubba Kush. From what I read I don't see the appeal of a plant with small yields of couchlocky weed. Is it the coffee flavor? Because if that's the reason, well, just have a ristretto.

Pre98, when done right coats the mouth in flavor after you exhale. While this taste great in the mouth and lingers for a bit.... the smell in the air lingers for hours. This; like a good haze or strawberry cough, smells better hours later burnt then the nugs do fresh.

Joint Lock

Yea there has been lots of comparisons, but with all the different cuts goin about right now, all being labled different, its just easy to start a new thread for some of the folks out there that just getting new bubba cuts and dont know which is which.

Given that, here are my 2 bubbas. I have a cut off of CW a long time ago from ghost1, and it is whst I belive is the purple s1. It eats anything, and when properly grown its not slower than most others, branches and yeilds more than the katsu next to it... both real good, katsu taste a little better once cured and my s1 smells stronger and turns purp pretty well in the winter. Basically its a damn good knock off of the 2k1 aka katsu cut. let the pics do talking.

Katsu on left, S1 on right

<a href="https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/9358Bub_comp.jpg" target="_blank">View Image

<a href="https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/9358bubcomp2.jpg" target="_blank">View Image

Katsu

<a href="https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/9358katsu.jpg" target="_blank">View Image

S1

<a href="https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/9358purple_s1.jpg" target="_blank">View Image

Katsu on left, S1 on right

<a href="https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/9358Katsuleft-s1right.jpg" target="_blank">View Image

Katsu

<a href="https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/9358katsu_live.jpg" target="_blank">View Image

S1

<a href="https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/9358s1_live.jpg" target="_blank">View Image

Nice Bubba there stretch :joint:

Looks like S1 has more vigor

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
I don't wanna stir any shit or go back and fourth maybe the Bubba did come from a seed of the 98 but there totally diff the 98 and Katsu have diff flavors Like one is straight up mocha and the other is just sweet ..oh and the one in talking about does not get purple Ever Katsu and 98 go purple or get hues of purple ..

If it is a a cross or bag seed it's still fire ..

I had to up this thread with my quote ..when I said it was 3 bubbas funk (who knows his shit usually) said no it's only 2 and crosses and some Matt burger guy ...fast forward to today and my Instagram I found someone posting "orginal bubba" and saying it's better than the other 2 known cuts ..coincidence he is also wrong OR is there another cut like I've been saying ..no way is it a s1 the nugs are diff and the look of the plant ..no offense to anyone but I'm in the Hub of marijuana I've seen so much rare and elite shit it's hard to keep track of ...think of it like this ..everyone makes gold but in order to get the best price for your gold u want it in a land where gold is in demand all the time ..that causes all the merchants to wanna bring there goods here and it's Very small store with the biggest market ..

I took a pic from Instagram the guy who is growing it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 43

KONY

Veteran
This cut came to me as "original Bubba kush". I have talked about it on the site a few times, my best guess is an s1 or pre98 cross. It stretches way more than pre98. About double. Lacks the awesome mouth coating effect of pre98, however it does smell good in the air after its burnt. Turns purple pretty easily at the end of flower.

MEChwzu.jpg

ic

Mudraya

To your point... why have a ristretto? -Because you like/love it. When you grow this it's out of love for the plant. You don't do it to have bragging rights about highest yields or 2 liter sized colas. You've made the decision about quality over quantity. As far as the couchlock...not everyone experiences indicas the same way.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
i don't really see the hype that much either. i mean it's good, but the amount of time and effort for the returns...i would sell this shit for $30 a gram real talk.

takes forever to veg, don'e in like 70 days, smells like coffee and chocolate, tastes like gasoline and minty citrus with a coffee/cocoa back, fairly strong indica.

i dunno maybe it's unique for an indica, i don't really like em and haven't grown many pures, cept the g13 which is...like coffee and hot dumpster mixed together...

but seriously the amount of time you need to veg to get a decent yield and the actual returns...i would think personally it's all about being able to say you have legit bubba now...there's gotta be similarly potent faster vegging and growing indica's by now. g13 for instance. grows really vigorous.

slipdefeu

bubba katsu F+60

vibes

Attachments

• P1010459.jpg
    P1010459.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 57
  • P1010469.jpg
    P1010469.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 58
  • P1010464.jpg
    P1010464.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 63
  • P1010465.jpg
    P1010465.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 64
  • P1010466.jpg
    P1010466.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 57

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope ya enjoy it Waxy. I got a half gallon jar from one 24-28 inch untopped Bubba bush. Guessing it was around 3 zips. She was about as wide as she was tall & no popcorn grown under the sun.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i don't really see the hype that much either. i mean it's good, but the amount of time and effort for the returns...i would sell this shit for $30 a gram real talk.

takes forever to veg, don'e in like 70 days, smells like coffee and chocolate, tastes like gasoline and minty citrus with a coffee/cocoa back, fairly strong indica.

i dunno maybe it's unique for an indica, i don't really like em and haven't grown many pures, cept the g13 which is...like coffee and hot dumpster mixed together...

but seriously the amount of time you need to veg to get a decent yield and the actual returns...i would think personally it's all about being able to say you have legit bubba now...there's gotta be similarly potent faster vegging and growing indica's by now. g13 for instance. grows really vigorous.

It's not only completely unique terpene wise it is an incredible breeding tool for the gene pool. Perfect plant for many situations. I.E. rooms that require very short stout plants...and I could list 87498273498273409 variables it is beneficial too. Just because it does not fit some of your guys checklist doesn't mean it does not for many others. Lots of people could care less about yield and vigor vs. quality just look at how popular OG's and Cookie's has become...All low yielding weak structure, but extreme quality and great breeding tools to boot.

Reading many posts like these makes me wonder how many game changing plants have been tossed out, because they simply did not fit the person growing it personal preference. /shudder

B4URTIME

It's not only completely unique terpene wise it is an incredible breeding tool for the gene pool. Perfect plant for many situations. I.E. rooms that require very short stout plants...and I could list 87498273498273409 variables it is beneficial too. Just because it does not fit some of your guys checklist doesn't mean it does not for many others. Lots of people could care less about yield and vigor vs. quality just look at how popular OG's and Cookie's has become...All low yielding weak structure, but extreme quality and great breeding tools to boot.

Reading many posts like these makes me wonder how many game changing plants have been tossed out, because they simply did not fit the person growing it personal preference. /shudder

Yeah I choose my keepers based on nothing but how they smoke, I am out for quality if I need quantity I'll add more lights and more plants. I like a solid plant but I will not toss a keeper cause its lanky or floppy or not heavy producer.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

if you're the type of grower that looks in their wallet to decide if a plant is worth it, then the bubba likely isn't for you.

that said, if you have a separate veg area and get your scheduling right, i think a dialled in pre-98 bubba is not too shabby yield-wise.
ive had 1.2 gpw from it.

VG