What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Pre---Y2K---AK

LostTribe

Premium user
Pre Y2K AK47 aka A to the K

That old school one hit wonder Yep from old Joey Weed seed stock. Looking for that sativa high on a stocky indica structure. The one hitter quiter coming at ya! I started a whole pack after the germ rate appeared a bit low with one more in the vault. Theres a good chance these are from the original JW stock if they are so slow out the shoot vs the JW c99 which were definitely fresh and fast. Only time will tell.

DSC08472.JPG

the rest are in a starter dome.

:ying:
LT

Synthettek

Nice, I'll be watching this one. The AK holds a special place in my heart.

AK-47 was one of the first strains I got "really high" from when I was 16 at my buddy's house. He was having a party and my other buddy brought over a quarter of AK-47 and me and two other dudes smoked the whole fucking thing in like 2 hours out of a homemade water bottle bong.

I got so fucking paranoid about his parents coming home early I started cleaning his whole house. I got garbage bags and was throwing away empty cans, picking up cigarette butts outside, the works. I tried burning a CD for the party (yes, this is how long ago this was) and I literally could not figure out how to work the software on my friend's PC, and I'm super technical. Incredible memories.

I've heard nothing but good things about Joey's gear.

LostTribe

Premium user
Slow to germ hoping for a couple more to come up as they are regs. I think there are 4 total up now with 3 more hopefuls and 2 that have been sitting with nothing happening for a while. I saw that they were restocked but I bet they are from a newer generation as they said coming soon for a while. His blueberry is on my list too.

LostTribe

Premium user
These specimen must be the original article....taking for ever to germ. I got 4 up and one peaking. Got 2 more in pucks just sitting there not moving. Looking like 50% germ at this point. Got 1 pack in the vault. HD was out of stock with a restock soon a while back which has now gone to back in stock. I cannot wait to sample some of this!

LostTribe

Premium user
Wonder if you'll get more males than females. @Creeperpark had a theory that the males would stay viable longer.
No idea but they are acting like they are from the Stone Age thats for sure.

The last one that came up took 24 hours from breaking the surface to pointing straight up about an inch yet still has not opened up. Its just sitting there making me wait.

Looks Like 5/10 of the first pack. I had not planned for this so need some time to decide on whether to start in on the second pack or wait and see. I started some more stuff that is not so rare so these will take priority for me.

Dime

We seem to have similar taste in weed or it's coincidence we grow like strains around the same time,glad you're preserving. I planted some old ak47 and finished seeds a few months ago and they took their sweet time to crack(last year I tried and none germinated) as well, but the resultant seeds pop quickly.I haven't flowered any offspring yet but am going too in a month or so. I did a pollination in a small room,7 females,3 males that did germinate and I seperated seeds from one female that was very thin blade,didn't resemble the rest,was the hardiest, and hit like a hammer but they were all well above par even seeded and one girl had a flat stem and an odd mutated bushy main top.I just hoped maybe it will increase the thin blade odds seperated. I also had one that had a few pistils in veg but then went male when I flowered so i cut it when I saw the first pod. I found I had to run very low humidity,good air flow and exchange and keep it warm but not hot or they don't like it and will run or complain. Compared to c99, It's not as dense or foolproof, and I found them finicky and slow but it is the off season and I did a poor overall job. This is a very high calyx to leaf ratio strain,one of the highest I have grown. None had a skunk smell or were so "loud" there was concern for odor,they were more fruity, I also put 1 old widow in the room to cross,the widow seeds were done 2 weeks before the ak. Pic is AK47 thin in right row,so far wide leaves,Silver Haze middle, White Russian left row,other pic is flat stem ak.Good luck .

Attachments

• 20230113_183003.jpg
    20230113_183003.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
  • 20221006_195259.jpg
    20221006_195259.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 71

LostTribe

Premium user
One of the seedlings is acting a little strange. It has stretched a bit more than normal to start the first pair of single leaflets. Maybe its one of these supposed more Sativa leaning ones. The other 2 look Afghan. I remember not having to do much trimming on them.

You've also reminded me that mine showed pistols even in 24/0 lighting.

Dime

One of the seedlings is acting a little strange. It has stretched a bit more than normal to start the first pair of single leaflets. Maybe its one of these supposed more Sativa leaning ones. The other 2 look Afghan. I remember not having to do much trimming on them.

You've also reminded me that mine showed pistols even in 24/0 lighting.
A lot of strains I've tried show at 24/0. I run at 18/6 now so it gives me a buffer and if they show I can bump em up,especially males.

LostTribe

Premium user
Well I'm not doing them any favors. One more down. They are weak. Barely bumped one of the new ones trying to water and it creased the young stem. Total goner. I am hopeful that the other one that started will make it but its not moving.

On to pack #2. Starting 4 with 6 remaining in TP and a closed container on a heat source. Have to keep them good and warm if they are this weak. Seeds are bigger than medium but not the biggest I've seen. They are all dark and healthy looking so its not that they are immature and they are not damaged. I disected the other two and one split but didnt pop out and the other just never cracked. I am sticking to my previous assumption that these are older seeds.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
Alright! This should be fun to watch. I got to try AK a few different times in my life and it really sent me for a ride.
I hope you find something groovy
I feel the same way. Serious AK47 was the first strain I grew the right way with the right stuff. I ran several packs since then and it was a let down. I hope these give me something worthwhile. Its been over 10 years since I have seen any and the last time it looked alot like lou dogs and it was heavy sandalwood with headpower.

Glad I grabbed a back up pack too always grab an extra if its worth the effort. Other than this F13 and a couple of my own things are about the only thing left besides African Sativas and Equatorial Landrace maybe Afghan Landrace that I would still be interested in germing.

midwestkid

Veteran
I feel the same way. Serious AK47 was the first strain I grew the right way with the right stuff. I ran several packs since then and it was a let down. I hope these give me something worthwhile. Its been over 10 years since I have seen any and the last time it looked alot like lou dogs and it was heavy sandalwood with headpower.

Glad I grabbed a back up pack too always grab an extra if its worth the effort. Other than this F13 and a couple of my own things are about the only thing left besides African Sativas and Equatorial Landrace maybe Afghan Landrace that I would still be interested in germing.
The list of things I want to germinate is still very very long. Lol. I want to see them all and Try them all!

LouDog420

Not all sandalwood, just the ones I selected...

Most everything was airy, long flowering. I have one of the 10+ weekers that is straight sandalwood, nice high, great sticky resin.

Keeper is the chunky, sandalwood/rotten fruit. Great density and frost. 8.5-9 weeks.

My packs looked a bit different. From 2017 not too long after JW came back on the scene.

Found 3 empty packs, so actually ran three, only getting about 50% above ground. Think we had 10-11 females and 4-5 males

20230115_220442.jpg

how long do they go? Were they all sandlewood?

Keeper cut #9, shorter flowering, dense, chunky monkey

Latest posts

Latest posts