What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

PoorDad's Tent

PoorDad

Bunch of work today. I chopped Wedding Cake around 5:30am, just before the lights came on. She's in the 4x4 drying tent. 1st pic.

2nd pic is Wedding Cake. Wet trimmed. Tent is vented top and bottom.

3rd is Northern Lights from last Thursday. Still 70f and low 60s in this tent. I check it multiple times a day. Humidity coming down slowly. Buds are left on the branches at this stage. I've wet trimmed only.

Moved Jack Heror and Northern Lights to the flowering tent with Cookies Gelato (deep in flowering- week 9 or 10) Jack and Northern Lights have grape sized pom-poms already so they needed to go in the flowering tent.

Mimosa is in the 4x2 tent for now, as Cookies Gelato is still taking space in the big tent. Mimosa is under dual 85w full spectrum black boxes with dimmers. I could flower her in there but I need that tent for a photo plant.

Haze Berry, Northern Lights and Papa Smurf are still in the seedling side of the 4x5 tent and are out growing their accommodations.

It's a constant shuffle. There are 9 plants right now. I'll probably be chopping Cookies Gelato next week. That will give me some breathing room for a couple weeks. I need to cut clones from Papa Smurf and OG Kush. I need to graft a branch from OG Kush onto Papa Smurf. I've never tried to manage a perpetual garden like this. It's rewarding to harvest every 6 weeks or so. It's work too.

20240418_182905.jpg
20240418_182950.jpg
20240418_183039.jpg

PoorDad

Been a minute since I updated. There's been a round or two harvested. Cookies Gelato and Wedding Cake both turned out awesome. Jack Heror is also nice, but I got a small plant and low yield out if it. No worries.

The big tent is still at 20/4 until these two recover from being strapped down.

Papa Smurf
OG Kush
Both are photos and fems. I've already topped and cloned them both. Those plant pics are coming later. I decided to flower them before they got too big. I let them grow vertically until I moved them into this tent. Then I spread them out. OG Kush is a princess and doesn't like to be messed with. She's pissed off about being strapped down, and hasn't recovered yet. Papa Smurf is hungry and wants nitrogen. I fed them both today.

I just put the net in for OG Kush today. Still need to hang the net for Papa Smurf. I want to train both plants into the net a little before I flip the lights. Maybe 2 more weeks??
20240613_103253.jpg
20240613_122253.jpg

20240621_092211.jpg

PoorDad

This is the veg tent. 14hrs lighting.

Papa Smurf is the big one.
OG Kush is the smaller.

These are the tops from the 2 plants that are in my last post. I've got more clones of Papa Smurf. These plants need to stay in veg for awhile so I can pull more clones. I have 5 of Papa Smurf but none of the OG Kush.

20240621_092302.jpg
20240621_092256.jpg
20240621_092251.jpg

PoorDad

I love your garden friend. I've had super success with those types of lights in the past. I'm wondering what is the wattage of the two lights on the right?
There are several different lights.

Big black box in the center is actual 400w with a dimmer knob.

Small white boxes:
Right side back, right side front and left side back are all 50w x 2 channels (veg and bloom switches)

Front left and front center are 180w with dimmers.

Large white boxes:
Middle left and middle right 120w x 2 channels (veg and bloom switches)

I've never run everything at "full throttle". I run the small white boxes either veg or bloom so those are only 50w apiece. I run the big black box under 40% on the dimmer. The 2 large white boxes are either veg or flower, never both switches at the same time. The small white boxes with dimmers are usually under 40% on the dial.

PoorDad

Papa Smurf got tied down a couple days ago.

OG Kush has been tied down for a week or so.

I've been creeping the light cycle back. They're down to 15 on / 9 off, so I expect to start seeing girly parts in another month. I dial the timers back every week and I'll keep creeping them back slowly as the plants get deeper and deeper into flower. Towards the end of the flowering cycle I'll have them down under 10hrs of light per day. I love the control you get with photos!

Papa Smurf

20240706_174104.jpg

OG Kush
20240706_174109.jpg

PoorDad

Papa Smurf and OG Kush after a couple weeks of being strapped down. I've trained a few branches and allowed the nets to fill in. Lights have been backed off to 12/12, slowly switching nutes to flower, and a color spectrum change with the lights. Hoping for a little better potency from these photos. Not real impressed with the autos so far.
20240706_174104.jpg
20240706_174109.jpg

Last edited:

PoorDad

Papa Smurf in a 4x2 tent. This was the top that was clipped from the other Papa Smurf above. I let her get almost 4ft tall and then bent her over. She's too big and a little difficult to contain. I'm considering defoliating by removing some of the larger fan leaves. She's a photo plant and still on 20/4 schedule. I'm going to start backing the timer down and hopefully get her to start flowering in 2--3 weeks.
20240719_084936.jpg
20240719_084904.jpg

PoorDad

Couple autos in the seedling tent. Seeds planted 6-29-24

Fat Banana right with yellow tag
Green Gelato left with green tag

Soil on most of these is a fairly loose mix of Ocean Forest, Happy Frog, peet, and perlite. These only get pH'd water until they start lookin hungry. Most will make it through veg and into the first week of flower before I need to add any food.

20240719_085806.jpg
20240719_085749.jpg
20240719_085755.jpg

PoorDad

Hello PoorDad
I am not sure if your referring to a specific auto or in general.

I don't know if I have a bias to autos or I just don't care for them.
Glad to see you have your tents up and running, I enjoyed following your last grow.
I'm growing some photos now. Still have autos going, but I added photos to the rotation.

I feel like the autos in general don't have a lot of punch. The Cookies Gelato does. Mimosa is ok. The rest of it feels like a waste of electricity. I've dried and cured meticulously. I've been patient and wanted 60--75 days for the cure. I've got stuff here that was cured in March and it's just been aging. Still not getting enough potency out of it. So I started up my infuser and turned a lot of it into canna honey. I've made 5 or 6 runs with the same honey. I keep cleaning the basket and adding fresh weed. Run it again. Rinse and repeat. I think that quart of honey must have 6 or 8 ounces of mediocre weed infused into it by now. It's turned a dark amber, like molasses. It still has that sweet n sour taste. Weed n honey. ZING!!! It's gettin stronger for sure. I ate 1 tablespoon Sunday. Didn't smoke anything. I had intended to wait an hour for it to kick in. It took 40 minutes. YOWZA!!! It's potent now! 😆 I have more "less than stellar" weed here so maybe I can keep infusing it and get the honey down to 1 teaspoon for the desired effect?

oldmaninbc

420club
I'm growing some photos now. Still have autos going, but I added photos to the rotation.

I feel like the autos in general don't have a lot of punch. The Cookies Gelato does. Mimosa is ok. The rest of it feels like a waste of electricity. I've dried and cured meticulously. I've been patient and wanted 60--75 days for the cure. I've got stuff here that was cured in March and it's just been aging. Still not getting enough potency out of it. So I started up my infuser and turned a lot of it into canna honey. I've made 5 or 6 runs with the same honey. I keep cleaning the basket and adding fresh weed. Run it again. Rinse and repeat. I think that quart of honey must have 6 or 8 ounces of mediocre weed infused into it by now. It's turned a dark amber, like molasses. It still has that sweet n sour taste. Weed n honey. ZING!!! It's gettin stronger for sure. I ate 1 tablespoon Sunday. Didn't smoke anything. I had intended to wait an hour for it to kick in. It took 40 minutes. YOWZA!!! It's potent now! 😆 I have more "less than stellar" weed here so maybe I can keep infusing it and get the honey down to 1 teaspoon for the desired effect?
Your autos won't be going to waste, that's good. Yeah, I find autos leave something to be desired.

I have tried a few kinds and still have some seeds in storage. I'm not sure I will ever get to them. When I first heard of LowRyder, I thought here is something special. What a huge disappointment. Autos have improved upon themselves but still lacking in effect.

From about 2010 I have only been using edibles, lung disease prevents me from smoking. There has been a few times I've had to go lay down because I underestimated the potency. Now I weigh everything in proportion to get the right effect for me. When I had surgery a few months back, the medical staff were surprised when I told them how many mg. of thc were in my home baked cookies.

Nice to see you back with a new grow:)