What's new

Plummeting Marijuana Prices for Growers

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I thought with my state going medical that it was going to really hurt the market but in actuality it helped create a better and high priced market.

The regular recreational market wants the cheapest prices but the medical market wants the best quality meds and they are willing to pay for it. Now I'm not saying that it is like this in most medical states because it most likely isn't but the state that I'm talking about, people make a lot of money compared to most other markets. For income, this state ranks 5th place in the country for highest income. It helps that most growers don't know how to grow quality or don't care enough to do so. Promotion and advertising help immensely. It's been my business model for over 20 years.

In general, growing up in a big city has huge advantages. There is so much competition, that you strive to be the best or fall flat on your face. Most suburban guys don't have the same mentality as poor city folk. I learned so much from the streets growing up. I figured out how to take my street knowledge and flip it to another level.

Proof is in the pudding on high end product. 4/20 is right around the corner. Lab tests, blind taste tests, and triple bind judging.

My money is on the West coast boys.

:joint:

Snype

Veteran
Proof is in the pudding on high end product. 4/20 is right around the corner. Lab tests, blind taste tests, and triple bind judging.

My money is on the West coast boys.

To me proof is in repeat business at high prices. If you can maintain those clients at a higher cost of what's out there, it says it all. There are many people from the east coast that are not on the internet like all the west coast. More paranoid type of folks here. You can't say there are better growers out west compared to east because you aren't going to get everyone involved. Only select few do these IC cups. My money's on the west coast guys too. I mean how many people from the east are competing vs the East. Maybe we need to have an east coast vs west coast with lots of advertising. One day.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
To me proof is in repeat business at high prices. If you can maintain those clients at a higher cost of what's out there, it says it all. There are many people from the east coast that are not on the internet like all the west coast. More paranoid type of folks here. You can't say there are better growers out west compared to east because you aren't going to get everyone involved. Only select few do these IC cups. My money's on the west coast guys too. I mean how many people from the east are competing vs the East. Maybe we need to have an east coast vs west coast with lots of advertising. One day.

qualify your statement as you will. snype product will be empirically ranked by hydroson and computers and blind judges. I am the brute squad.

Snype

Veteran
qualify your statement as you will. snype product will be empirically ranked by hydroson and computers and blind judges. I am the brute squad.

Who said I'm bringing product out there? LOL! I was just coming out there to talk with like minded people and have a good time. I don't need my dick measured.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
All is good! No entries required. I was just being a dick as I like to do. I know that many of us NEVER enter out of sheer principle, and others have told me to tell the free lab service to go blow an aids infected dick..... just saying.

707OGBUSH970

What is this...

What is this...

It sucks because all of the supposed gurus will brag and bluster, clogging up the opportunities for us that truly are Guru-s. BOG is applying anywhere and everywhere. His name comes up at many a commercial venture. Nice canvassing blatantly for the big sellout Old Man.

Presently, surrounded by Guru-s acting like ball ers with one may be two grows under their belt. Some selling lighting products that they drop ship from China directly. Some of these lights have not even been monitored throughout a whole grow cycle yet...! Amazing cannabis opportunism at its worst.

Luckily, I found my place. Now, to dig in. And no, I ain't telling.

Your post I find indecipherable but arrogance certainly comes out...how many grows do YOU have under your belt "guru"...

Mikenite69

Veteran
Shit over by me u can find Cali outdoor for 24 most of the time.. Some Of the shit coming in I suspect are lower grades of Cali outdoor because they are squeezing the shit out of it with the vac sealing. My buddy has some "thin mints" it smelled nothing like cookies. This stuff actually smelled like mexi brick weed and kinda looked the same by how bad it was vac sealed it. I personally think the problem with that weed was they vac sealed it moist and it got a musky bricky smell to it.

But the most I have seen things run over here is like 28 that I can get personally. But people will only pay 32 to 34 if it's really good. A couple years ago some sour d came around that sold for 3,8 hundo and it was some fire. Made the mistake of opening a half elbow out the vac seal and it stunk my whole house out all night long. Personally I haven't seen quality around my way in a while as far as outdoor Cali is concerned. I would clean up around by me if I got packs of killer cali outdoor for 24 or a little cheaper because the shit around now is just that shit.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
nice. Undecipherable because I get paid to write for a living. And Many Cali-peeps ignored education in the 707, or wherever they transplanted from. Yup, spilt the Home State a looong time ago - lived the "dream" such as it was, in NorCal for over 25 years total - The last 10 yrs of it "doin' the nasty, exclusively." in the Coastal 707. Ain't no frikken work to speak of and never was.
Surfed The heavy waves over 5000 times. Lived the weather and tides. Knew when to go looking for Bioluminescent algae and edible mushrooms. Fit into the community for a while, until I wanted out.

At this point, I care not a whit for what Young-Soul minds opinions are. Arrogance meets Megalomania.? Maybe so. Matching Fire with Fire..?
80+ indoor runs in 2 states - 10 years of outdoor full season and LD. Commercial to personal. With more sun-action to follow this summer. Taught classes, made quick friends in this one. :~). My Home State. So many people in CA split. The Sh*tshow continues unabated.

All that matters ---> recent pics of GG4 and Triple Diesel

Last edited:
Stasis, you sound like a broken record..We all know you had a bad experience with your coastal welfare grows...Since you moved back home 707 property values have been increasing rapidly from all the successful folks buying up parcels and leo is turning a blind eye like never before so there's many more success stories. With the most abundant water in state and perfect dep weather it's the Holy land for mj.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Wow ! sounds like most people are feeling sorry for them selves. Nothing against the west coast at all. The growers there have done more harm to themselves than any other entity. The Canadians screwed their market as fast as they could with the worst quality imaginable. Everything is hydro, nuked with fertilizers, dried way to fast if at all. Given a fancy name and hyped like Bud Light.
People//// The cream rises to the top. It always has and always will. When is the last time you have heard that Mercedes Benz is having a recall on their cars? OH that was a shitty bottle of Jonny Walker. Point being you are the market. Demand better, The retail stores will demand a product they can sale. Find a store that will listen. Find a grower to sale to you and not to stores. Grow your own. Not all med patients are totally disabled, many claiming one anxiety or another. Yah OK, Truth is pot prices are still higher than the quality of most pots out there.
Please enjoy another multi award winning BUD LIGHT ! LOL LOL LOL

Wow ! sounds like most people are feeling sorry for them selves. Nothing against the west coast at all. The growers there have done more harm to themselves than any other entity. The Canadians screwed their market as fast as they could with the worst quality imaginable. Everything is hydro, nuked with fertilizers, dried way to fast if at all. Given a fancy name and hyped like Bud Light.
People//// The cream rises to the top. It always has and always will. When is the last time you have heard that Mercedes Benz is having a recall on their cars? OH that was a shitty bottle of Jonny Walker. Point being you are the market. Demand better, The retail stores will demand a product they can sale. Find a store that will listen. Find a grower to sale to you and not to stores. Grow your own. Not all med patients are totally disabled, many claiming one anxiety or another. Yah OK, Truth is pot prices are still higher than the quality of most pots out there.
Please enjoy another multi award winning BUD LIGHT ! LOL LOL LOL

Point taken, but Mercedes has put out some really shit cars in the past... =)

S

SooperSmurph

I chased the low price market, it was a mistake.

Why give away high quality product at the rates that thugs are demanding for midgrade?

Stockpile, network, make friends, travel, if someone offers you $1600/lb on indoor, kick them in the nuts and move on.

B

bigganjabud

Im in the uk and at the current prices its £240 per oz
Or us $368 or €333 canada $469

Just to give u a quick heads up there is NO DISCOUNT FOR BUYING MULTIPLES

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
thats funny because cali light deps are in the high teens low 2s right now.

i would smoke sun grown light dep from norcal over some chemmy brittle CO warehouse weed any day...

macdiesel

thats funny because cali light deps are in the high teens low 2s right now.

i would smoke sun grown light dep from norcal over some chemmy brittle CO warehouse weed any day...

You guys had your bounce though. Weren't your outdoors going for mid-teens not too long ago? ;)

sully508

im a patient in massachusettes. i get AAA for 200/o i trim for a grower. but i sell for 350/o. plus all the trim i want for bho. its between 300 and 400 in mass. 400 at the dispensary.

macdiesel

im a patient in massachusettes. i get AAA for 200/o i trim for a grower. but i sell for 350/o. plus all the trim i want for bho. its between 300 and 400 in mass. 400 at the dispensary.

Be happy in the now, because in the future you'll refer to the present time as "the good ole days". ;)

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
with the taxes and greed in mass the black market should thrive..yeehaw..prices in my area here in cali are real cheap if I was buyin.. I can score decent ounces outdoor 140 or less..

Runamuk1

Price at grower level in triangle run $1500/lb bulk rates, and it has to be perfect to get that price. Any issues and the buyers reject it.

Latest posts

Latest posts