What's new

Plummeting Marijuana Prices for Growers

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
black market will always thrive .. due to grower greed , and governmental taxing greed...you see how the taxes on tobacco went.. well tobacco is out and weed is coming in hard...yall are gonna be the new cash cow...or you can say fuck you and buy black market

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Damn I just talked to a farmer in the Santa Cruz mtns who just told me he liquidated his low quality outdoor for 500 a unit.

mid grade is bad for your health and for selling. i can easily see low grade outs dropping down to brick pack levels if it doesn't look smokable.

theres 500 lbs in CA but its usually the machine trimmed popcorn grade, basically the bumper crop second harvest of nugs that dont get bigger than a dime and are not hand trimmed.

or it could be he got PM, bud rot, bad mite damage, machine trimmed to shit, didn't store right and smells bad, theres a bunch of things that can turn a 1300 pound into a 500 one if the grower doesn't do things the correct way.

HellsBells33

It's supply and demand and let the buyer beware all wrapped into one. The product is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

sprinkl

Veteran
Well where I live in Europe, as end-user you can pay a variety of prices for a variety of qualities, not necessary correlated. But inbetween pounds and grams price only goes up for a few euros. 2/3rd-80% of the street value goes to the wholesaler.

Now I understand with a legal weed vending business you have to pay location, taxes and personnel. But the gap between $60/1/8th of the best, as I've seen on menu's, which comes down to 7680$/pound, and 2-3000$/pound that the grower fetches seems kind of steep. What prices do dispensaries pay for their pounds?

soserthc1

Cali to me 1500 outdoor
2000 indoor .......3000 miles

New York to me 3700 sour diesel .....200 miles

That is if I had a need to buy tree

Snype

Veteran
The game has taught me a lot this year about prices in this market. Like others have stated, it is worth what someone will pay. Last year we were getting 3k a pound on the East Coast. Now we are getting 44 a pound but it is broken down. The brokers only want to pay 25 now so we are getting almost 2k more by breaking it down. It goes just as fast as the broker as well because we set up a delivery service.

Marketing and having great products are going to set you apart from the rest of the market. If you don't have some of the best quality around, you're not going to last long in this type of market. Gotta have that high end product.

Z

z-ro

I find the exact opposite of Snype, majority could care less about high end product, they want whatever is cheapest.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
A friend of mine went to a shop up in the Mtns. of Colorado. Said they were getting $139.00 plus taxes, for a an ounce.

I just grow my own so don't have a need to purchase, just eat 'cookies'.

prune

Veteran
I find the exact opposite of Snype, majority could care less about high end product, they want whatever is cheapest.

the difference being that Snype's clients will carry him to his grave, whilst your's will drag you to yours…

take your pick!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
in my area,,,,for organically grown cannabis=£280 per oz and that's if you can find it,,,,£260 for hydro,,,,doesn't matter if you buy 2oz or 8 oz no price reduction,,,,,,s2

Yes4Prop215

Veteran

im noticing that the brokers who are mostly moving stuff to non-med states want the cheapest sun grown they can find. but the local guys who are breaking down stuff in SF or LA all want the high end. at the end of the day the volume and real profits are in moving the cheap sun grown…while the high end market takes a little more work and time but helps build a good reputation locally. two different beasts...

Snype

Veteran
I thought with my state going medical that it was going to really hurt the market but in actuality it helped create a better and high priced market.

The regular recreational market wants the cheapest prices but the medical market wants the best quality meds and they are willing to pay for it. Now I'm not saying that it is like this in most medical states because it most likely isn't but the state that I'm talking about, people make a lot of money compared to most other markets. For income, this state ranks 5th place in the country for highest income. It helps that most growers don't know how to grow quality or don't care enough to do so. Promotion and advertising help immensely. It's been my business model for over 20 years.

In general, growing up in a big city has huge advantages. There is so much competition, that you strive to be the best or fall flat on your face. Most suburban guys don't have the same mentality as poor city folk. I learned so much from the streets growing up. I figured out how to take my street knowledge and flip it to another level.

It comes down to in part the penalties for getting caught in your particular area generally, near where I live a doctor opened a clinic that could issue personal production licenses the first day the line up started at at about 3am and eventually stretched for the entire block. The bottom line here is average smoke fell at the lowest point I am aware of $600.00 lb 4 or 5 months ago, everybody thought they would just jump in and make millions just like the Police have been telling them on the news for years you can make $1000.00 a plant. The price collapse shut down most of the sane growers so months later the price rebounded to $14-$1500.00 but it looks like we are back in the boom bust cycle of the gold rush mentality and the growers are starting up again. People use to head to BC load up on smoke stuff their lbs into a back pack and crawl accross the U.S. border at night but not since 9/11 the border security has tightened up big time so that does not happen any more. Blows me away seeing U.S. dispencaries selling for $300.00 oz .

Latest posts

Latest posts