What's new

PLEASE HELP: Advice on grow tents? Def feeling out the Mars Hydro grow tent.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
A word of caution when cleaning the tents

Had green algae on the floor liner as a result of slight spill in the previous grow that I was unable to get to until
I was done with the grow. Tried to wipe it off with a wet paper towel, which did not get it done. Grabbed a bottle
of cleaner I use on kitchen counter-tops. Always thought of it as mild and tame stuff.
Took the Algae off, but it also started to remove the reflective surface leaving black showing through from below the silver reflective surface.
Felt terrible having done that.
Will not use anything other than warm soap water on a well rung out wash rag on that surface from this point on.

Thanks for the suggestion. it will be very useful to tent growers. :thank you:

I keep 4each 10 gallon bags in my 4 x 4, with a bottom-watering SIP system. IMO, height is also a important factor, especially if you are going to grow sativas. As tall as you can fit.

Thank you for the grow advice flylowgethigh, I think right now I am heading down a Indica or hybrid (Indica-dominant) strain to grow. I have not gotten into research in which seeds should I introduce into my first family grow since I have been setting up my garage and getting everything prepared with my grow tent, just taking my time with it. Anywho, thank you again for the advice boss, happy growing!

A word of caution when cleaning the tents

Had green algae on the floor liner as a result of slight spill in the previous grow that I was unable to get to until
I was done with the grow. Tried to wipe it off with a wet paper towel, which did not get it done. Grabbed a bottle
of cleaner I use on kitchen counter-tops. Always thought of it as mild and tame stuff.
Took the Algae off, but it also started to remove the reflective surface leaving black showing through from below the silver reflective surface.
Felt terrible having done that.
Will not use anything other than warm soap water on a well rung out wash rag on that surface from this point on.

Ahhhhh, this is a great tip I appreciate so much. I would have done the exact same but thanks to you, I am now more educated on the cleaning procedures that come with a grow tent. Thank you, happy growing Gry!

Spilling nutes without a quick cleanup can result in the same thing. I own another brand - a premium one - and chem spills separated part of my shiny layer from the black as well . . .

No harsh chemicals in the cleaning process, just like gry said, warm water and soap am i right? Thank you tobedetermined.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I used floor (multisurface) cleaner with great succes in the past. The tent floor looks like new!

Nannymouse

I do have a question about grow tent ventilation. How in the world does a person keep light leaks out, if using the bottom 'windows' as the air inlet?

Gry

Veteran
I do have a question about grow tent ventilation. How in the world does a person keep light leaks out, if using the bottom 'windows' as the air inlet?
I put filters over them held in place with gorillia tape . I also find it useful to use blackout curtains over the main entrance to reduce the amount of daily wear on the zipper. I look forward to someone coming out
with a zipper repair kit or at least a decent zipper lube that one can use as they get older.

Gry

Veteran
I put filters over them held in place with gorillia tape . I also find it useful to use blackout curtains over the main entrance to reduce the amount of daily wear on the zipper. I look forward to someone coming out
with a zipper repair kit or at least a decent zipper lube that one can use as they get older.

Azeotrope

Veteran
I have a Mars 39" x 39" and after just two grows, it has countless light leaks through flat surfaces and the zippers leak light like crazy. Some areas of the mylar have began to de-laminate. It was a gift from my wife as my old tent was worn and she knew I needed a new one. Thankful but, having watched Mars spew pure garbage on here about LED lights being comparable to LEC/CDM/CMH for years, I am not surprised that their tents are pure trash as well.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I have a Mars 39" x 39" and after just two grows, it has countless light leaks through flat surfaces and the zippers leak light like crazy. Some areas of the mylar have began to de-laminate. It was a gift from my wife as my old tent was worn and she knew I needed a new one. Thankful but, having watched Mars spew pure garbage on here about LED lights being comparable to LEC/CDM/CMH for years, I am not surprised that their tents are pure trash as well.
Sorry, we will follow up the after-sales processing for you.

mountainoutlaw

I want you to know, i only read the thread topic, nothing else.

I want to tell you, all you need to focus on is the bigger the tent, the better. Thats it.

P.s. i am stoned asf ✌️

mountainoutlaw

Alot of the above is really easily managed and shouldnt be issue depending exterior environment and parameters.

Whatever size tent , before any kind of plant goes in tent, make sure you can easily and effectively control RE and T at pretty much will amd you can feed/water sites or plants without making a mess in the first place. Many little hacks and things to make tents easily manageable so the controller can focus on more involved decisions , such as genetics, rotations, ect.

Purpose, direction, simplicity, effectiveness

Find your style dude, its the beauty of growing, and makes it full of possibilities that you ultimately control. 🫠

Latest posts

Latest posts