What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Plants hate being under full spectrum leds!help

yahooman

Veteran
So i have bought from barrina before and im not knocking their products,they make great lghts at a very affordavle price,that being said,i bought these t8,2 foot leds.they are 24watt full spectrum.every time i put my plants under these lights they droop and just look incredibly unhappy,put them back under my 6500k white light barrinas and within 2 hours they are perked right back up!i did tgis 3 times so its this full spectrum light 100%.
The only thing i can think of is they dont likre the red spectrum!they acted the same way when i put them under my floraflex 700 watt led at 50%.its a full spectrum light.
Alk the hyoe of leds and im tginking i made a huge mistake here.im prsying tgat they are just a little too young to handle the full spectrum,im exchanging the t8's,but i cant return the floraflex which was not cheap.here is a pic of them under the 6500k,i dont have a pic of them under the full spectrum,should have taken one. any led pros want to chime in here?
Thank you

Attachments

• 20241010_084436.jpg
    20241010_084436.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Plnts luv red spctrum this is prbably noy te problm much mor likely a dffferent issue like overwaterink or smthbingh lik that.You sayin fyll spctruum makes m thibk of those LEDs theu sell at Amazon. Is taht so? Cheap ful spectrm LEDs are not vry agresiff stall compared to modrn LEDs. It wud relly help ifyou coud uplod som pctursS of th plants and also the model 0f Ur light. As a frist measure I would separate the ligts form te plants juts in case. If you pulled thehm to far then u wiLL se thm stretch. If you alre UseD too t8 fluos you may be used to have te pLntS verí clos tu te lights anywlvay iF u uploed pics its gonna b a lott eaSier Tu help god lukk!!!

Damn that was hard 😂

yahooman

Veteran
I re.oved the light and now have them undrc6500k and they are doing great,if its not the spectrum what is it?why do they droop only when full spectrum leds are introduced?absolutely nothing else has changed.....and why do they oerk right back up when put back under 6500k light?if its not the spectrum then you telk me what it is......its the only thing tgat makes sense

yahooman

Veteran
I re.oved the light and now have them undrc6500k and they are doing great,if its not the spectrum what is it?why do they droop only when full spectrum leds are introduced?absolutely nothing else has changed.....and why do they oerk right back up when put back under 6500k light?if its not the spectrum then you telk me what it is......its the only thing tgat makes sense

yahooman

Veteran
Im not a new umive been growing for over 30 years....i kbow its the light,just dont know exactly why,but id bet its the spectrum,id bet a lot

moose eater

Have you considered different food needs under different spectrums?

That was what I noted when I did a small LED run with what I'd been growing under HPS and CMH315s.

Did you change anything about the feed/medium in these, compared to your other runs under LED?

yahooman

Veteran
The 44watt full spectrum is only 2 feet long,its a strio light,and the floraflex i had tgem under at first for a day,saw the droop and thir unhappines and renoved it,then put in 2-44watt,2' strio full spectrum leds and still looked terrible,tiok them out,put tge 6500ks in and within 2 hours my pkants looked wonderful!!pit the full spectrum 44watt back in and droop city!!i did this muktiple times!!so if its mot the spectrum then what?

Attachments

• 20241010_120824.jpg
    20241010_120824.jpg
    792.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20241010_120819.jpg
    20241010_120819.jpg
    1,011.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20241010_120808.jpg
    20241010_120808.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 20241010_120803.jpg
    20241010_120803.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 20241010_120814.jpg
    20241010_120814.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2

yahooman

Veteran
I did notice a cal mag def under the fulls but sermed to dissipate a couple days after returning to 6500k....
After thinking,it could be feexing,i dont think so,but its mot out of the realm of possibility.i only too dressed with some ewc and gaia green....
How would i feed different?

yahooman

Veteran
I do the exact same thing from seed cause it always works,wet paper towel under 100% humidity,to un domed 3" round pits with a bit of ewc one bottom round leaves yellow i top dress with gaia green 444 and a tad of ewc,water with a bit of kelp amd a shot of superthrive every thirf wztering.....always do stellar with that regimen no matter what the strain

moose eater

I did notice a cal mag def under the fulls but sermed to dissipate a couple days after returning to 6500k....
After thinking,it could be feexing,i dont think so,but its mot out of the realm of possibility.i only too dressed with some ewc and gaia green....
How would i feed different?
Now you're asking about an area that I'm not at all proficient with. Simply know that my experience under my several different spectrums grew much differently and fed differently. And my LEDs were not at all what you're using.

Usually when I see drooping, it's either over-feeding, too much water, too much heat, or too many salts.

yahooman

Veteran
Usually when I see drooping, it's either over-feeding, too much water, too much heat, or too many salts.

EXACTLY!!!!

moose eater

EXACTLY!!!!
The feeding component of that list is why I referenced spectrum. If it's doing well under one light, but not under another, then it's possible that it has too much food for the one and is fed fine under the other. Just a guess. But I saw different reactions to similar feeding with my LED vs. 315cmh vs. HPS.