What's new

PK inhibiting terpene production??

Spaventa

Veteran
A grower in Spain is reporting higher terpene levels WITHOUT PK. He skipped PK this run and says it’s the stickiest, smelliest harvest he’s had!
He says yield is only down by 10%.
He runs Bruce Banner clone and he’s been at this for 30 years so I think he might have a point.

Anyone else ever noticed better resin and terps without PK?? Is it really quality vs quantity?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
A grower in Spain is reporting higher terpene levels WITHOUT PK. He skipped PK this run and says it’s the stickiest, smelliest harvest he’s had!
He says yield is only down by 10%.
He runs Bruce Banner clone and he’s been at this for 30 years so I think he might have a point.

Anyone else ever noticed better resin and terps without PK?? Is it really quality vs quantity?
That doesn't surprise me, friend. I always had super results without pk boosters. I don't use any additives only macro and micronutrients. I have saved $$$ without additives.

P-K boosters are hydroponic supplements that you feed to your plant on top of a regular base nutrient. A P-K boost is strictly phosphorus and potassium, whereas a base nutrient has both macro and micronutrients. Google

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I have used a product called Terpinator and one which was a flower stacker in the past… I believe they’ve done nothing with damage to my crops. I’ve been growing quite a while and I’ve never use those products but when I did, I lost an entire tent because there wasn’t any trichs on any of the plants… I will stick to my typical NPK, silica, Calmag, and mammoth additives…

goingrey

Select notes:

The concentrations of most cannabinoids and terpenoids declined with the elevation of K supply

and:

60 mg L−1 K is the suggested application level to maintain high function and yield combined with high secondary metabolism

linde

Used kool bloom once... and the rest of it sat around for nearly 10 years before I threw it out.

Less is more with cannabis. When you make a mistake with cannabis plants, it's significantly better to underfeed than overfeed. ;)
Yup overfeeding is the biggest rookie mistake. The plant only uses so much and the rest builds up in soil and creates lockouts and other issues. Less is definitely more with cannabis. Not sure about the PK terpene theory but I wouldn't doubt it.

HomelyFans

Anyone who's ever grown pot knows what excess P does. It breeds the hot new sweet sativa haze gas terpz. Turns your lame old sour diesel into that hot zaza no cap bye Felicia new new shoe, that toxic brain rot west coast cancer dealer terp.

"The Schnozberry taste like.. Sharpie marker..."

"The Gorilla Glue is a classic, smells like poly vinyl acetate"

"Bandaid flavored weed mmmm, #1 cup winner..."

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I have noticed over the past years so many crooks that take advantage of people's lack of information on any subject. If it sounds too good to be true then it is probably misleading motivated out of greed. I pretty much don't believe anything when it comes to corporate greed or what the professionals say.

Spaventa

Veteran
I’ve always used pk13/14 in hydro and never doubted it adds density and therefore weight. It makes the nugs hard. I’ve never thought about how it affects anything else but I’ve rarely got feeding wrong. Not because I’m a genius… hydro is cheating lol The plants drink up what I give them with a stable EC and perfect ph swing, without complaint, just heavier, harder buds.
I’m going to skip it for my pheno selection runs.