• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NOKUY

Veteran
Blakendn said:
i cant believe i missed this thread this is funny as hell

pound for pound

a Pitbull hands down, a wolf wont go to the death it will QUIT.

the last time you saw a wolf lie down and die was when?

Jesus guys. I think people looking in on this thread will think that both sides are as equally naive and intelligent as 4 year old's.

Both sides are arguing about things that have been argued over and won over in past pages.

Both sides are so worked up they can't even decipher the difference between there and their, which and witch. etc. etc.

None of use really know what would happen. Lets vote in the numbers and stop trying to count the inches on our dicks.

jesus I've seen everything from 35 lb true pitt bulls to 160lb pit bulls. 150 lb wolves to 280 lb wolves and everything in between.

It feels like a dozen monkey's are throwing 2 monkeys feces at each other over and over again instead of loading themselves with their own usable feces (Since this conversation could never really have some true intelligence in it ) and having a fair shit fight.

Have fun i'm out.

It was fun though.

NOKUY

Veteran
wolves are born survivors not fighters.....

if that means not fighting then they dont fight...i dont fight every time i get the chance either....doesnt mean i cant or wont, but ill pik my battles.

NOKUY said:

I like how in a fight scenario the wolf would never be given the option of escape so the flight response would never enter into it's mind. Since it is trapped and cornered (which is by far the most DANGEROUS thing you can do with a wild animal) it will fight to the death.

Hell go corner a squirrel, see if you can pick it up without being bit.

sorry, my bad.. I'm out

B

Blakendn

NOKUY said:

I didn't say it would lie down, i said it would quit, run away with its tail tucked.

this whole thread is so hilarious people are actually getting upset over this.

its plain in simple fighting dogs is a multi billion dollar underground industry, if wolves were better fighting dogs people would be using them, not pitbulls and tosa's. i've read through this thread and i simply don't think people understand what a REAL DEAL gamebred dog is. in no way am i saying fighting dogs is right, i dont agree with it, but it is a reality. and i wouldn't put one red cent on a wolf over a real pit.

:joint:

D

doubledotdank

i been thinking/ researching gaurd dogs alot lately. My dog needs a partner....what would you guys pick? maybe a gaurd wolf? that gaurd hyena looks nasty...and i like the looks of those baboons those african dudes had chained up..

NOKUY said:

When did you? I'd certainly listen to Canadas Dog Fighters who've fought pits against wild wolves. Even catching a wild wolf and letting it fight a pit in the open area. The Wolf either ran or got his ass whooped. Some instances the wolf totally dominated.

DrHydro said:
:laughing: at last 2 pages

of your own grammatical errors?

Dammit. I'm out sorry.

edit: reverse osmosis, The last thing you should ever talk about is some imaginary dog fighting ring you make up out of your ass to try and defend yourself. Seriously that was the weakest reply in the entire thread.

Last edited:
doubledotdank said:
i been thinking/ researching gaurd dogs alot lately. My dog needs a partner....what would you guys pick? maybe a gaurd wolf? that gaurd hyena looks nasty...and i like the looks of those baboons those african dudes had chained up..

I DID NOT WRITE THIS BUT

Difference Between Protection & Guard Dog

This is the difference to me

Guard Dog - Guards the property, home, family, car, whatever they feel is theirs against what they perceive as a threat.

You could say this dog is protecting. Of course they have protected something/someone. These dogs have a temperament set to be on guard and suspicious of others. Some can also be very alert, barkers if they hear someone/something outside. They want to make sure this threat knows their present and will leave.

Protection Dog - Protects their person/people against an attack.

These dogs can be alert, they can hear a sound that gets their attention, check things out and make sure stuffs ok. They will usually be more social with outside family and friends. Although they might be very loyal and sometimes reserved with others.

This is how I look at it

Some of it has to do with breed, since we were speaking of breeds I’ll go into that first.
Guarding breeds usually have a lot of territorial instincts and a medium – high defense drive. They do not require training to have distrust or aggression to strangers. They require training and socialization to understand what is not a threat and some things are normal/ok. Although you can’t make them like people or force them to be social. You are preventing them from being out of control and overly aggressive. Some of them can also be somewhat social with a welcomed guest in the presents of their owner. We really can’t over generalize since there are several breeds with their own traits and even within breeds we can see variance.

These dogs usually have more social aggression and do not take much agitation to evoke an aggressive response or even a bite.

Also what Gatorpit mentioned is character of some of these breeds, not just the Fila. Often the dogs warn the threat with aggressive display, others are silent and non threatening (depends on the breed and situation). If the warning isn’t enough then they use force. Or use this in a situation where they come upon an unwelcomed guest or guest is welcomed but owner leaves the room/dogs sight. The force used is appropriate. It can range from pinning the person down, backing them into a corner or against a wall, or keeping the person where they are already standing/sitting not allowing them to move. If the person tries to move, they will be met with more force, muzzle butting into them, dog jumping on them and holding them against the wall, dog applying more pressure to the pin, dogs barking at them. If they still want to get away or fight they will then likely be bitten as a warning. The dog will not typically bite hard or go into an attack, just a bite. Serious biting is a last resort. Even though they are effective guards you are likely not receive serious injury or be killed if you react appropriately. If you continue to try and fight you will be bitten more and more, once you become a true threat the chance to be peaceful is over and that is then you could be seriously injured. If you go in to attack their person or threaten them “guns blazing” per sae then you will more then likely be bit as well.
These breeds do not need training to act this way. These are traits bred into them. They are natural guards.

A lot of these dogs are also more laid back in a general sense, have moderate exercise requirements and some are very independent. As it is their nature to work and know what to do without a human aid or handler. This can make them more strong willed, even stubborn at times. Not because they are dumb dogs, they just have their own ideas about things sometimes. This doesn’t mean they can’t be trained, but many are not going to be your OB/agility superstars nor are they going to care to play fetch or compete in Frisbee or fly ball, nothing silly like that or which wastes energy unnecessarily. Others can respond well with the right training and be good at competitive sports. They have the moderate exercise needs too. Some other outlet can be good for them.

Protection breeds can vary too. Normally they are geared differently; they have higher prey drive and lower defense drive. They are not suspicious of everyone, they do not like only their family, they are not aggressive with strangers nor are they always aloof. They are less likely to be aggressive to a person just for being out of place. Although many do have a discernment and can react naturally to protect against a real threat. These dogs as well need a lot of socialization. You want them to be stable and know what normal things are too, not to respond out of fear or be over protective. The social aggression is usually lower. These are the type of dogs that you can have guest over without the dog being on guard or aggressive towards them. You can leave their sight and the guest can get up to use the rest room without the dog rushing to bark at and hold them. Many you can goof or rough house around without them thinking you are over stepping boundaries and need to be stopped.

Typically protection dogs are trained. They are trained to respond to a threatening person, lunging at them or making contact biting them. They are trained to bite and release on command. They are worked in different scenarios to know how to respond or take commands. They can be trained to hold someone and keep them from moving, although this might not be their natural response. Usually require more agitation to get an aggressive response. Also versatile dogs, working at many task or in competitive sports. They are not just highly intelligent but trainable and work for/with their master. They thrive on learning and mental stimulation and usually higher exercise needs.

Some of these dogs can also be trained to guard and make good security dogs. They can be left in a fence or building where they know not to let anyone intrude. They are alert and can keep a place secure.

Their bites are deeper and can be more serious. They get bite, hold and shake. Part is drives and part is training. They know to target a specific place or get a bite and not let go until commanded to out. The more you fight, the more they bite. If you stop they keep the hold but stop shaking and going deep until they are told to out. Some are also trained that once you stop fighting to let go. It just depends on the person doing the training for some feel that leaves the dog open to attack. Only when told and owner is there to back them up, then should they let go.

The first type can be good because you know your dog isn’t going to just maim or kill someone, although they might act aggressive. You also know that they have instincts to take the appropriate action and work on their own. It can be bad because the threat has more opportunity and easier to kill or harm the dog. Also not the type of dog some people want in temperament. It really depends which breed you chose and what you want from a guard dog though.

The second type is good in having some natural protective instinct and discernment. They are not highly socially aggressive. You can have a dog that will protect you/your family and even your home without acting aggressive and being looked at as vicious in general. The dog can have a night and day attitude, friendly with good people, distrusting and aggressive with bad people. Training brings them to their best and makes them very reliable in serious situations. Yet they are such great family dogs that fit in well with society.

There are also breeds I think would qualify under both. Although training will help to have the dog do what you want and expect. They can do both naturally and still somewhat social to others. Also protection breeds most the time can be trained to guard something specifically and not just protect a person.

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
doubledotdank said:
AHH YES, THE INFAMOUS THREAD CHANGER HAS ARRIVED!!! LOL

well at this point no matter what anyone says, your all pissing in the wind. and for all of those chiming in at this point with an opinion is pointless as well since the majority is wolf, no matter what the pros or novices say.

Holy crap that article is RIDDLED with spelling and grammar errors. Common guys, I'm 23 and I feel like I'm reading an article from Hillbillies who've never finished the 5th grade.

I keep running and you guys keep dragging me back. It's a fucking shame that the thread has gone down to this level.

Quoting articles with monster journalistic errors are a direct warning to the integrity of the message.

NOKUY

Veteran
ReverseOsmosis said:
When did you? I'd certainly listen to Canadas Dog Fighters who've fought pits against wild wolves. Even catching a wild wolf and letting it fight a pit in the open area. The Wolf either ran or got his ass whooped. Some instances the wolf totally dominated.

i dont care.

ive said in this thread i dont like fighting animals, and i like dogs more than people.

ive seen wild wolves, wolf hybrids, and again regret starting this thread.

C

CheifnBud2

If it was an alpha male wolf in its prime and well fed, i would bet on the wolf.

But there are many a scroungy weak wolf out in the wild.

Whereas fighting pitbulls are fed very well and given steriods.

FRANKENBLUNT420 said:
well at this point no matter what anyone says, your all pissing in the wind. and for all of those chiming in at this point with an opinion is pointless as well since the majority is wolf, no matter what the pros or novices say.

Arguing Over The Internet Is LikeThe Special Olympics. Even If You Win, You're Still Special.

If it's not true, why repeat it.

NOKUY

Veteran
ReverseOsmosis said:
Arguing Over The Internet Is LikeThe Special Olympics. Even If You Win, You're Still Special.

If it's not true, why repeat it.

ha funny 20 yrs ago.

dont post if its not worthy please.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Genetic Heirloom- Nobody round theez parts aint givin a damn bout no dern SpeLLIN. DERN IT! Wheres my dern berr....

I think thisll answer all yer questions.....
Pit Vs Wolf

DrHydro

GET MO said:
Genetic Heirloom- Nobody round theez parts aint givin a damn bout no dern SpeLLIN. DERN IT! Wheres my dern berr....

I think thisll answer all yer questions.....
Pit Vs Wolf

I agree about the spelling thing.. Trust me i would spell alot worse if it wasnt for google.. lol.. Just so you know i didnt check google for this one..

Im getin a buzz on my self as well

Major respect Get mo I read a lot of your threads.

I've always grown up being shown that proper spelling, grammar and context in a given situation will allow yourself to be better understood and be able to not have to deal with mistaken contexts and then having to defend yourself over an accidental interpretation (Very political family.. debaters).

I also come from a Forum called general Mayhem, where they chew you up and spit you out for even trying to act pseudo-cool or try and act anywhere near smart/ intellectual with a spelling grammatical error. (it's also the place where I've seen the most disturbingly disgusting human habits ever on film or written description with pictures.)

My bad, but it always serves parties better to debate in a clear and convincing manner that makes your debater have to rely on scientific factual evidence to prove you wrong in a retort.

DrHydro

I think what matters most is if you know what your talkin about or if you dont.. and most of the time even with spelling problems you can tell.. thats just how i feel.. i dont judge people over stupid shit.. been threw anuf to know life aint perfect for no one..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts