What's new

Pineapple Princess X F1 Durban

tricloud

This is a cross I recently made. Took years to acquire the F1 Durban Clone. Was told but many that F1 Durban is an excellent breeding plant.

I have also been working at starting some old seeds from my collection. Pineapple Princess is Cinderella 88 x Cinderella 99. Seeds were given to me by a friend known as dogsnob. I took this cross to an F4 but there is still a tad bit of variance. I got a lot of pineapple flavored plants from this line. Some are sour pineapple and others are more sweet. Some don't taste exactly like pineapple.

I used a very pineapple smelling male to make this cross. I'm expecting to get some seriously heavy coated pineapple smelling ladies from this cross.

Don't mind the way the room looks, it's going to get a complete makeover this coming winter (2025). I run drain to waste in flower.

These plants are starting to show sex but I'm getting too old to see whats up at this stage. I can tell what some are but it's still iffy. I'll be culling the males out as they show.

Plan to double back cross the F1 Durban and then breed that into an F4 ibl if I Like what is going on. This is going to be my formula for breeding "F1's" into IBL's. Ive made enough crosses and back crosses in my time. Now I'm going to start making serious breeding lines.

pineapple princess x F1 Durban .jpg

midwestkid

Veteran
do you have any pictures of the F1 Durb? i have always been curious what it looks like, smells like, tastes, etc etc.

tricloud

I don't think I took any pics of the F1 Durban. Its not a huge yielder but her flowers are quite dense. in flower she goes through different smells. At first I can smell straight cherry licorice candy type durban poison smell then she changes into a mix of licorice and melons and by the time she's ready it's almost straight melons but there is slight a boquete.

She is a slow grower too but has an incredible backbone. I like to grow her for a living trellis between plants etc.

It looks like it could have been bred by the Brothers Grimm and I think it may have some durban thai high flyer in there which was a bro grimm offering. Who knows though.

F1 Durban goes about 9 weeks is quite gooey. My friend won a cup with it in Michigan and it goes by different names here because..... well because liars trying to protect their lines lol. I'm so sick of the games in this biz.

Anyway, thats' my take. I'm going to look through my old phone tonight and see if there are any pics of the F1 Durban.

tricloud

I'm going to keep this boy for now. It's probably the most stout-looking plant in the ppxf1d grow at this point. He just made it known that he's definitely a he today.

Attachments

• 20240408_114515[1].jpg
    20240408_114515[1].jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19

midwestkid

Veteran
I don't think I took any pics of the F1 Durban. Its not a huge yielder but her flowers are quite dense. in flower she goes through different smells. At first I can smell straight cherry licorice candy type durban poison smell then she changes into a mix of licorice and melons and by the time she's ready it's almost straight melons but there is slight a boquete.

She is a slow grower too but has an incredible backbone. I like to grow her for a living trellis between plants etc.

It looks like it could have been bred by the Brothers Grimm and I think it may have some durban thai high flyer in there which was a bro grimm offering. Who knows though.

F1 Durban goes about 9 weeks is quite gooey. My friend won a cup with it in Michigan and it goes by different names here because..... well because liars trying to protect their lines lol. I'm so sick of the games in this biz.

Anyway, thats' my take. I'm going to look through my old phone tonight and see if there are any pics of the F1 Durban.
what are the other names it goes by?

tricloud

Ok, I ended up with an even dozen females.

Sorry about the ugly algae building up in the corner around the rez tank. As I mentioned in a very recent post, CO2 makes everything grow and it's time to scrub and paint again.

Some phenotypes are more like F1 Durban and some are more like Pineapple Princess. It seems that the pp phenotypes are the most dominant. The 3 tallest ladies in the back are what I would say are the F1 Durban dominate phenotype. I also got 3 males that look similar.

So... The plan is to flower out the 3 best males from each main phenotype to observe initial flower structure. These phenotypes would be the top 3 that represent the F1 Durban and the top 3 that rep the Pineapple Princess so 6 males overall. I'll show how I do this for at least a couple of reasons. First of all to share breeding info and explain how I do things and secondly to prove that I did what I said I did.

Here are the 11 females that I kept, I chopped one because she was a runt...

20240414_115348[1].jpg

Here is how far I let the males go now days before I put them back into the veg room where they will continue to flower and show clusters density, pollen sack size, color and more. It's a matter of harvesting balls for a couple weeks or more until it becomes unruly. Then I make my decisions and wack the plants that I'm not keeping. There are several strategies to reveg and I'm not going to get into all of them.

20240414_114930[1].jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts