What's new

Pine Tar Gush F3 grow along.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
PTG #4 harvested day 66 after flip. Crazy smells coming off this thing. I'm getting a bubblegum smell that i couldn't detect in flower. Once I started trimming her this plant became very pungent. Heavy gas notes, sweet bubblegum, sharp pine smells and burnt rubber. She made my eyes water and my nose runny. Very different creature when her buds are unmolested. All trichs are cloudy with an appreciable amount of amder developing. The only clear resin is way at the bottom so down she came.

20220922_084837.jpg

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Rounding out week 8 are the last two ptg f3s. Plants #2, #6 are quickly fading nicely and should be ready in the next 10 days or so. I let the soil dry out and then flushed about a week ago and that seemed to trigger and end of life response as both plants packed on the flowers and are consuming all nutes in the soil and cannibalizing its leaves in a last ditch effort to attract some pollen. Smells are still are unchanged and have amplified...they both give off serious terps when moved.
20220922_205408.jpg
20220922_205449.jpg
20220922_205433.jpg
20220922_205422.jpg

PTG #2 plant is my favorite in terms of structure. I can see this plant on SOG setup doing nicely.

20220922_205818.jpg
20220922_205755.jpg
20220922_205729.jpg
20220922_205715.jpg

PTG #6 plant really packed on the weight in last couple days. She may finish ahead of her sister. Ridiculous stink coming off her.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beautiful @Jahaze !
Both of them.. but #2 is particularly lovely !
Glad the funk on them is still loud too.
VG :tiphat:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Thanks @VerdantGreen . It appears I have two distinct phenos from my limited number of plants. Both #1 and #2 share the same structure more or less with smells also in the same camp and #4 and #6 were more WLD in nature in veg and flower as well as sharing those dirty burnt rubber type smells. All 4 have pine scent with #1 and #2 having a bright pine/fuely scent and #4 and #6 richer/earthy pine and gas type smell. The more WLD type have other things going on as well so I will be able to pin point exactly what is what when I smoke them.

ps...you were right about the ptg's irresistible nature. I have been sneaking a few buds here and there while the #1 cure and just enjoying the smoke and experience. very very smokable indeed.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
week 9 and i had to harvest the 2 remaining plants. I will be away from the garden for the next 10 days and given that these are ripening so quickly i didn’t want to risk missing my window. The trichs are all cloudy and they still smell piney although #6 did lose a bit in the last couple of days. #6 on left and #2 on right.
20220927_122512.jpg

close up of #6
20220927_123023.jpg
20220927_123135.jpg

plant #2 close up. this is my favorite of the bunch from a growth, structural, and terpine profile. while trimming she was super oily and sticky. Very gassy when trimming as well. if it smokes as good as it smells this will be the keeper.

20220927_123108.jpg

20220927_123051.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks @Jahaze for another great test grow!
Both look lovely, the purps on the little leaves at the top of the bud on #6 is really pretty.. both showing some purpling.
Both look resinous too but the glands on 2 seem bigger from the pics and it gives the buds a velvety look !
Terps sound great i will be interested how they evolve over the weeks before you do the proper test grow ( i thought mine smelt increasingly sweet) ..but not sure mine lasted much more than a month before it was gone lol..
Pine + gas/fuel from the GB is an engaging combination... very enticing. when i gave my grown up lad a nug to try he smelt it and said 'you could sell this as flavors dad! ( In the UK they call all the new school smells (cookies / cake / zkittles ) 'flavours' on the street.. ) i don't sell weed though.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Pine tar gush f3 smoke report

I think I have maybe two different phenos with some overlap. Plants #1, #2 have a very gassy smell on the plant and are very piney and fuel smelling giving the plants a “bright” smell compare to the other two. They taste like they are in the diesel family of cultivars. Plants #4, #6 have more earthy tones with woody notes, sour apple, burnt solvent wide leaf type smells and have that WLD ‘kush-like’ taste.

PTG#1

Dry pull: sweet, gassy, piney

This one taste exactly as it smells. It’s very smokable leaving a lingering sweetness on the palate. The smoke left behind is a dank musky smell that hangs in the air. The effect is heady and thought provoking with a nice body buzz that never feels heavy.

PTG#2

Dry pull is gassy, piney, solvent

Taste is better than #1. Big, big pine taste from start to finish. Very fast onset. Its mentally stimulating with an increased awareness of sounds, and increased depth of field perception. The effect comes on in a rush and at the height I get intense ear ringing. The high come in waves and afterwards its like a shot of adrenaline to the body as it promotes movement and makes me want to move. The high feels fuller than the #1 plant.

PTG#4

Dry pull: sour apples, schnapps/menthol, sweet smelling compost

While the I can’t detect pine on the smell once she’s lit the pine is the first thing that hit you. Very piney taste with a tingle of the nose on the exhale from the schnapps/menthol terps. The sour apple taste comes and goes as you smoke the joint. Its not as intense as #2 but has the same vibe. Has good mental energy and feels much clearer than #1, #2, #6. The high feels like it’s in the background because of the clarity and feels like I can function without impairment.

PTG#6

Dry pull: Burnt petroleum, solvent, pine

Taste like I’m smoking a bar of soap. Tastes nothing like it smells or like the dry pull. Ultra smooth soapy taste with notes of sweet flowers, smoky pine tar, kush, diesel, wood. Very interesting taste while smoking. Starts off heady with a racy feeling which makes me pace about. Has a body buzz like plant #1. The body buzz catches up the head effect and leaves a nice balanced effect that is both mentally alert and relaxing at the same time.

Final thoughts: All the plants have a pronounced pine taste while smoking. The gassy plants #1, #2 had the most pine forward smell of the four while flowering but once they were lit the pine come through in each one of them. I found I can smoke these almost any time of day without issue. Some of the pine smells in the #2 plant diminished a bit after 4 weeks curing but that plant still reigns as the pine queen of the bunch. Plants #2, #6 were cut at week 9 because I had to be away from the garden but I think they should have flowered on a bit longer. These feel like they are a heady hybrid with a good body component but none were heavy to me. Initially I thought that plants #1, #2 were the best smoke because they were really good in a short amount of time after they were dry enough to smoke. I honestly did not care for plants #4 and #6 at the beginning. Those two took longer to come into their own…almost 3 weeks for me to say “ hold on a minute now these are actually good.” The keeper of the bunch is plant #2 as I simply can’t stop smoking it. Tastes so good and is very potent. I made clone of all 4 but I think I will run plants #2 and #6 again.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice one @Jahaze - great, detailed report. I'm really pleased how this project is coming along... The fact that the Pine Terps seem to be 'baked in' to the line is fantastic, but also the variation in back end terps from the Gorilla Bubble keeps it interesting.
I also found a couple of the plants i had to be very hard to leave alone... very moreish !
Thanks again - it also will be great to see you run those two again. 🍿

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
this is plant #4 from previous run. just like the 1st time it stayed shorter than the others. i think its also a bit sensitive to changes in environment and nutrition. I bet this plant outdoors would thrive as the season would be longer and light changes are gradual.

20221129_194047.jpg
20221129_194016.jpg
20221129_194032.jpg
20221129_194058.jpg
20221129_194111.jpg
20221129_194128.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great @Jahaze , love the structure of plant 4. I wonder if you'll get more purps on them with this winter run?

I'm just running the F2 seed mother again in my bigger cab.. can't wait to get that jar full again.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
last of the ptg I have flowering atm. this plant #4 and she is at week 8 of reduced photo period. she seemed to show some displeasure in the last couple of days with some slight leaf curl although she has been given nothing but water. could be salt build up but i had some trouble with her on the 1st run as well so she just maybe a bit sensitive. the RH has been around 38-42 so maybe transpiration is higher than normal due to dry air. cooler temps along with lower humidity may explain but she's coming down in a few more day anyhow so not too bad i suppose. I will say that she has a sour cherry type smell that wasn't there in the 1st run but then the room was much warmer and humid. She smells really nice and the pine plays nice with the cherry thing she has. this plant had the most complex high of the bunch after a cure. interestingly enough is the fact that neither of the 2 ptg plants this round showed any purple. Although it is much colder in the rooms, i pulled the lights back quite a bit and dimmed them as well so purple with light intensity vs lower temp? Anyhow here she is before the chop.

20221214_101459.jpg
20221214_101556.jpg
20221214_101523.jpg
20221214_101430.jpg
20221214_101613.jpg