What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

StonedOwl

Just grabbed the last 5 packs of these lcg x el puré (uptown haze bx)

“El Puré is late 90s uptown haze, back crossed to itself for stabilization. This is Troy's cut from 186th and St Nicholas. A timeless classic”

I was originally waiting for the piffcoast x terphogz collab but realized that it won’t be happening any time soon so I just sniped what was left of these.

From what I’ve heard about piff crosses is they tend to dominate the cross and lcg happens to be one of those dom strains as well. I’m really curious about what could unfold from these, what do you guys think?

View attachment 18941535

So I did some digging and found a few packs of the El Puré bx bought 5 packs, I use to be up in St Nich and 185, I would go chill with one of my boys and hit up the chimi truck back in the early 2000's 2002-2006. I use to get my Puré from one of his cousins. Buds were always super sticky $400 a zip, lime green super sticky and smelled incense and some fuel maybe. So long ago, I will be growing these out when I get them. Hopefully they turn up what I am looking for. I just got my hands on Haleys comet ( in quarantine till she is big enough to get tested for HLVD) Can't trust any one these days.

I also have a bunch of piffcoast gear. I haven't had much luck with the piff s2, I have 3 seeds left. Midnight mass was nice popped 1 seed, and I still have holy communion to pop. None have been what I am looking for yet. I also use to cop some NYC silver haze ( not ssh), purple haze and chocolate from some twins in pharragut projects. Wonder if those cuts are still around.

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
You can find silver haze seeds not ssh and there’s a cut called Athens that’s supposedly silver haze from back in the day ..

The purple haze from back in the day was just haze they called purple idk if it was from the song or what but dipset ran with that cam pushed the purple haze lingo hard .. there is some phenos of old timers haze that turn purple tho

Chocolate if it’s the same one I’m thinking of it wasn’t grown it was imported bricks that were grown but got pressed wet and turned brown .. it came in little squares and it was super hard to crush or cut u would heat it up in a gum wrapper etc and it would just expand them u could crush it .. I kno the Jamaicans have a version but the one we bought from the heights was different and way more rigid

StonedOwl

You can find silver haze seeds not ssh and there’s a cut called Athens that’s supposedly silver haze from back in the day ..

The purple haze from back in the day was just haze they called purple idk if it was from the song or what but dipset ran with that cam pushed the purple haze lingo hard .. there is some phenos of old timers haze that turn purple tho

Chocolate if it’s the same one I’m thinking of it wasn’t grown it was imported bricks that were grown but got pressed wet and turned brown .. it came in little squares and it was super hard to crush or cut u would heat it up in a gum wrapper etc and it would just expand them u could crush it .. I kno the Jamaicans have a version but the one we bought from the heights was different and way more rigid
The chocolate I was getting smelled like Cocoa Puffs almost. Not pressed, the purple haze was great, mostly green with some purple in it. Very hazey intoxication smell. The silver haze was great high would last about 4 hours and you would feel very relaxed no comedown.

StonedOwl

This was the Midnight Mass I grew. Black haze x Harlem dreams.

Attachments

• IMG_1102.jpeg
    IMG_1102.jpeg
    7.4 MB · Views: 59

silverhazefiend

Veteran
The chocolate I was getting smelled like Cocoa Puffs almost. Not pressed, the purple haze was great, mostly green with some purple in it. Very hazey intoxication smell. The silver haze was great high would last about 4 hours and you would feel very relaxed no comedown.

Was it brown in color or was it green the chocolate? Was it seedless ?

I’ve never smoked chocolate Thai every chocolate I’ve smoked (brown / black) in color was green weed at some point that got bagged or pressed wet giving it the distinctive color ..

I personally have never seen green chocolate would be nice tho

StonedOwl

Was it brown in color or was it green the chocolate? Was it seedless ?

I’ve never smoked chocolate Thai every chocolate I’ve smoked (brown / black) in color was green weed at some point that got bagged or pressed wet giving it the distinctive color ..

I personally have never seen green chocolate would be nice tho
it was brown but seedless.

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran

I acquired the "Athens" silver haze from PCF a while a go. It wasn't that impressive or something I would chase down or pay 500 dollars for again lol. My friend grew a few rounds of it commercially and it was quickly replaced

I reversed it and have some s1's still and hybrids. Haven't popped any

You can also find hybrids of it through old sog cab of curiosity

Stash

Veteran
to much for me to read in this thread, Did anyone get anything good from the first frankies seeds. I got some of the first seeds and buds not as good as I was hoping for but I seeded the hell out of the plants,

Reactions: Rgd

silverhazefiend

Veteran
They hyped that one up a lot . I made a bad decision a few times trying to chase the mythical piff. It's not for me .

I made a post a long long time ago that if u want piff as we kno it in nyc just get some Neville’s haze the old version or the old nl5 haze ..

I knew this was gonna happen they always find a new way to exploit markets and all they do is make shit worse with dis information then come back to the same circle quietly

There saying the mythical cuban black is just a nl5 haze pheno so is the brown .. go figure I believe they both use the same haze C male double in the Neville’s and I’m pretty sure it’s what makes the incense smell

Another thing people who sometimes find themselves in positions to sell seeds etc don’t really have the knowledge or grow knowledge to kno exactly what there growing they just go based off other info .. I was lucky enough to smoke tons of piff and grow some older nevs crosses and it’s piff to me pretty much anything crossed to that haze C male in that time would be piffy just the ones leaning more to the C would be the highest grade

I ran some Mr nice Angel breathe ? Mango haze x afghan skunk and I got zero incense plants looked like classic haze tho so now I’m curious what’s going on I popped some afghan haze / silver haze (Sensi f5) nl5 haze ( swami ) and I have two phenos of bandaid haze x og ( katsu)
The Angel breathe or whatever had a nice flavor one of my homies has a legal grow upstate and he took cuts and passed Ike or two out and they luv it I binned it .. I need incense with my haze

Rgd

Veteran
to much for me to read in this thread, Did anyone get anything good from the first frankies seeds. I got some of the first seeds and buds not as good as I was hoping for but I seeded the hell out of the plants,
I remember you tried..

km