What's new

Photographing grow tent / small room - what kind of lens?

Veritas629

I run a Sony A7 III. Mostly for food photography, but the occasional grow tent shot. My most used lens overall is the Tamron 28-75 f/2.8. I have some higher end lens, but the Tam always to seems to do the job. A GM would be oh so nice, but I reckon my skills are the limiting factor here!

goingrey

I‘m glad I could help. Post some photos once you got your lens. :)
Hehe well posting photos to ICmag was one of the main drivers behind this purchase so for sure I will.

But now not so much to see. Pretty good view of the room for later though!

r.jpg

goingrey

I run a Sony A7 III. Mostly for food photography, but the occasional grow tent shot. My most used lens overall is the Tamron 28-75 f/2.8. I have some higher end lens, but the Tam always to seems to do the job. A GM would be oh so nice, but I reckon my skills are the limiting factor here!
Nice you've also got the a7 III. I'm really liking it so far.

I suppose a zoom lens like that could be a pretty sensible option but I also like the idea of these prime lenses.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Hehe well posting photos to ICmag was one of the main drivers behind this purchase so for sure I will.

But now not so much to see. Pretty good view of the room for later though!

View attachment 19027571
do you have any more room to back up a little and is that the full extent of the lens?
that looks great!
/im just envisioning the monster plats you will be growing
you can always turn the camera sideways to get a portrait view if they get too big
nice hydro set up as well!

goingrey

do you have any more room to back up a little and is that the full extent of the lens?
that looks great!
/im just envisioning the monster plats you will be growing
you can always turn the camera sideways to get a portrait view if they get too big
nice hydro set up as well!
Thanks! Nah, can't back up, or I can but that just gets the door frame in the view.

Latest posts

Latest posts