What's new

People growing their own don't buy much pot

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
See post above.. I would be surprised if it passes. Then again the prison business has declined since weed was made Legal in Ca. The loss of profits is the driving factor.

AB 1725
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...02120220AB1725

Existing law, the California Uniform Controlled Substances Act (the act) , as amended by the Control, Regulate and Tax Adult Use of Marijuana Act (AUMA) , enacted by the voters at the November 8, 2016, statewide general election, makes it a crime to plant, cultivate, harvest, dry, or process more than 6 living cannabis plants without a commercial cannabis license. The act makes those actions a misdemeanor for a person over 18 years of age but less than 21 years of age and a misdemeanor for a person over 18 years of age, unless specified conditions exist, including various prior offenses, in which case the actions may be punished as a felony.
AUMA authorizes the Legislature to amend its provisions with a 23 vote of both houses to further its purposes and intent.
This bill would amend AUMA to make it a felony, punishable by 16 months or 2 or 3 years in county jail, for a person over 18 years of age to plant, cultivate, harvest, dry, or process more than 6 living cannabis plants. By increasing the penalty for a crime, this bill would impose a state-mandated local program.
The California Constitution requires the state to reimburse local agencies and school districts for certain costs mandated by the state. Statutory provisions establish procedures for making that reimbursement.
This bill would provide that no reimbursement is required by this act for a specified reason.

Statutes affected:
AB1725: 11358 HSC
01/27/22 - Introduced: 11358 HSC
AB 1725: 11358 HSC

I’d say the chances of success for that bill are slim to nearly none, but of course I’ll be watching it closely. Could impact my decisions for this years activities. I like to start more than I finish with for selection in early veg.

Why the people in power can’t get off their asses and go after the cartels running these huge illegal grows is the much bigger question. Oh because they would rather harass some small timer like me instead of taking two to the chest going up against these heavily armed banditos.

Prison money is a whole nutha thang. But agree completely. They aren’t happy getting jipped out of their tax dollars.

Sub24ox7

Wow. That's really hard to read on a cannabis forum. Now of course I don't know the specifics of what was passed in Cali but don't we all believe that the plant should be free to grow and use?

We are suffering from inept legislation in Canada as well . . . , and greedy legal producers, and crappy legal product at ridiculous prices and continued BM growers (both good ones and bad ones) but I would still rather have it 'legal enough' . . . where I can grow and smoke legally for my own needs . . . than back to prohibition - even the benign prohibition we had pre-legalization.

it was already legal in California for medical patients (basically ANYONE that wanted a card). Prop. 64 was badly written etc..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's always been easier/cheaper to go after the small guys. They make more $$ and put more bodies in prison.

gizmo666

i've always said that if i grow my own than I'm not contributing to "organized crime" as they call it by buying my weed from the big bad gangsters our government seems to think is out there
so in my mind i'm a good guy haha

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
It is simple. If you are a small cannabis grower in Cali (or anywhere legal for that matter), your business model is now outdated. Small cannabis producers were successful for many years selling small quantities of a specialized product with a high demand. Now that is gone and it will never come back because the demand for your specialized product has plummeted – through no fault of you or your product – but due to an overabundance of poorer quality product at much lower price. Right now, the cartels are killing the market but long term, the factory grows and the larger micro growers will have the same effect.

It seems that as medical legalization takes hold in any market, cannabis starts its shift from a specialized product to a commodity. The big money rushes in and by the time it becomes rec legal, the game is all but done. The only way to compete is to monetarize and specialize – which can be done at the micro level but it will never be easy. So, determine a market need, do up and follow a business plan, spend a lot of money and you may get lucky and build a profitable business. Or if you really get lucky, you may be able sell it to one of them and retire.

But we also have to look at your customer, because legalization has changed the whole game. Growing, selling AND buying. Legalization changes his habits too. He doesn’t have to buy from his unreliable stoner dude buddy anymore. Or from that run-down medical dispensary in that shady strip plaza. Or furtively wait for the IG delivery guy and his briefcase full of fun. Now that it has shifted from an illicit product to a commodity, the average consumer will want it convenient and cheap – usually both. Is your product either convenient to buy or cheap?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Small batch growers are still needed if you want quality.. As soon as the legal side gets the taxes/fees BS sorted small batch will decline even more. Depending on the quality you have will impact how long you can stay afloat. This is what people voted for in cali, that is what you get when few read these bills before they voted for it.

In the end, it was about the Money and not the plant..

Montuno

...como el Son...
(...)
Not only did Lipitor caused brain fog (I'll get into that later) it had my AIC all over the fucking map (sorry for swearing). I was floating around the teens to a high of 16 and if I had a reading below 10 I was a happy camper. I repeatedly told her that Lipitor is affecting my diabetes meds. She said, that Lipitor was safe and only affected <1% of the population according to the FDA. Do you see where I am going here? Once again I told her that's fine doc, unless you are part of the 1%s. My dementia was caused by the pill we had to take during GW1 (Pyridostigmine Bromide) which is/was a prophylactic against Sarin gas, which Saddam did have a stock pile of. It allows an extended window to get the atropine in you in case you got a wiff. The 1st thing you do during a "gas attack" when you see one of your mates convulsing on the ground, is bang him with his own atropine. I dismissed my short term memory loss to getting old. I was 35 during the gulf war. I wasn't until '99, whre a young fellow had served with me, told me, (I don't remember his age but he was in his early 20s during the GW) which would put him in his late 20s circa '99. It's not old age Chief as I as well suffer from short term memory lost. I ran across several individuals since the GW, that were affected... the <1%. Just like GWS (gulf war syndrome) that the US still denies, just like agent orange from the Vietnam era. Canada OTOH has recognize GWS and I am documented as a GWS individual. GWS was caused by the "tank busting" shells used, which were depleted Uranium. Although depleted Uranium is somewhat benign, you would be surprise to find out that it is used as a component in "smoke detectors", is extremely toxic when combusted, which of course happens every time a shell is used. So toxic that... it is more toxic than the Uranium itself. Although it has been denied by the US and other countries, it has since been banned from the battle field min NATO forces. What the enemy does? Who knows!
(...)

"
Spanish troops in Afghanistan and the radioactive risk:

Spanish troops who have gone to Afghanistan have received an "Area Manual" prepared by the Army Intelligence and Security Center (CISET) explaining the local situation and the risks they will have to face. Last year, troops participating in the occupation of Iraq also received a specific Area Manual.
TG (October 2004), Working Materials No. 25

The Iraq Area Manual includes some warnings about the risk of radioactive contamination due to the depleted uranium ammunition used by the United States, both in the 1991 and 2003 bombings, thus "large areas of Iraq may represent higher than normal levels of residual radiation". It is important to note that after the experience of the missions in Bosnia and Kosovo in which half a hundred soldiers and military commanders suffered from various types of leukemia, or blood cancer, cases that the official reports tried to hide, now the Iraq Manual officially recognizes that there is radioactive contamination due to depleted uranium.

The manual recognizes that the risk of contamination comes from both external and internal exposure since "if the DU passes into the body in a sufficient dose it can have serious health effects due to both its chemical toxicity and its radioactivity from prolonged exposure to a low level of radiation". As a consequence, the manual recommends that "contaminated areas should be avoided" and that "any contact with destroyed vehicles that may be contaminated" should be avoided, and for this purpose it provides photographs on how to identify impacts of EU ammunition on Iraqi armored vehicles.

What the manual does not indicate is how to identify anything other than armored vehicles, such as buildings or other structures, or the large areas that have been hit by bombs and missiles with radioactive warheads. Nor does it indicate how to protect against airborne radioactive particles that can travel hundreds and thousands of kilometers, or soluble particles that can be incorporated and concentrate in the food chain.

Likewise, by using the term depleted uranium, it hides its true contaminating potential since, coming from nuclear waste, it is, in turn, previously contaminated with highly toxic elements such as U235, U238 or even Plutonium.

But if the troops who went to Iraq received this information, incomplete and clearly insufficient, but which nevertheless warned of the risk of radioactive contamination, the troops who recently went to Afghanistan received another manual, also prepared by CISET, of 160 pages, with a profusion of graphs, maps and photographs, which does not contain a single word about weaponry or radioactive contamination.

The manual seems to follow the dictates of the Pentagon and the British Ministry of Defense, which declared that they had not used depleted uranium ammunition in Afghanistan. But in reality, as we have already shown in these pages, the protagonist in Afghanistan was not anti-tank ammunition but a new generation of bombs and missiles with uranium warheads, depleted or not. It is estimated that more than 1000 tons of uranium were dropped in Afghanistan. Field investigations by the UMRC, Uranium Medical Research Center, show very high levels of radioactivity never previously recorded in civilian populations. If in the first Gulf War the effects of this contamination took five years to begin to manifest themselves, in Afghanistan the population began to have health problems within weeks of the bombings.

The troops who have gone to Afghanistan will be exposed to risks due to radioactive contamination that they have a right to know about and of which they have not been informed. They will be exposed to the same slow and silent death that the populations of Afghanistan, Iraq, Bosnia or Kosovo are suffering.

---

Note:

This article is based on the work of Alfredo Embid "Some things that the area manuals (Iraq, Afghanistan) of the Spanish army do not say". Boletín armas contra las guerras nº 47 available at http://www.amcmh.org/amcmh2"

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
You surely took advantage of those parties and connected with the other growers, didn't you? I have way more dope than I can think of anything to do with, and two tents full, making more. Come on over and get some before I get caught with it.

Sessions is a piece of crap that folded like a cheap chair under pressure from the NWO PTB.

I did take advantage of those parties while they lasted but the growers/vendors were all about making money and weren't sharing seeds or clones and then when the Parties shut down they all went into hiding for about a year and then reemerged as more of a delivery service but given that I lived in a neighboring state where it was less legal the chances of them delivering to me was nil. Plus in the delivery model you pick what you want from a list with no pictures and you're stuck with whatever they bring you. I don't mean to suggest they deliberately cheat people but one of the nice things about the parties was that you had the opportunity to look at, hold, and smell the product before committing to the purchase.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Wow. That's really hard to read on a cannabis forum. Now of course I don't know the specifics of what was passed in Cali but don't we all believe that the plant should be free to grow and use?

We are suffering from inept legislation in Canada as well . . . , and greedy legal producers, and crappy legal product at ridiculous prices and continued BM growers (both good ones and bad ones) but I would still rather have it 'legal enough' . . . where I can grow and smoke legally for my own needs . . . than back to prohibition - even the benign prohibition we had pre-legalization.

It is hard to read and Cannabis should be free to grow and use with store bought being for those who don't want to or can't be bothered with growing it. Unfortunately what is happening in Cali and other places is what happens when you allow a quasi legal system that is established on a state by state basis especially with the big selling point being all the revenue that the states can rake in taxing and regulating it. To have it be truly free to grow and use it has to start with full Federal legalization that can supersede state laws. I would prefer to be it more like home brewing where anyone can make as much as they want for their own personal consumption but if you want to turn it into a business were you sell what you make for others to consume then you're restricted by something like the ATF except then it would be ACTF (Alcohol, Cannabis, Tobacco and Firearms). Of course that's just my opinion because I just want to be able to grow my own for myself.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
"
Spanish troops in Afghanistan and the radioactive risk:

Spanish troops who have gone to Afghanistan have received an "Area Manual" prepared by the Army Intelligence and Security Center (CISET) explaining the local situation and the risks they will have to face. Last year, troops participating in the occupation of Iraq also received a specific Area Manual.
TG (October 2004), Working Materials No. 25

The Iraq Area Manual includes some warnings about the risk of radioactive contamination due to the depleted uranium ammunition used by the United States, both in the 1991 and 2003 bombings, thus "large areas of Iraq may represent higher than normal levels of residual radiation". It is important to note that after the experience of the missions in Bosnia and Kosovo in which half a hundred soldiers and military commanders suffered from various types of leukemia, or blood cancer, cases that the official reports tried to hide, now the Iraq Manual officially recognizes that there is radioactive contamination due to depleted uranium.

The manual recognizes that the risk of contamination comes from both external and internal exposure since "if the DU passes into the body in a sufficient dose it can have serious health effects due to both its chemical toxicity and its radioactivity from prolonged exposure to a low level of radiation". As a consequence, the manual recommends that "contaminated areas should be avoided" and that "any contact with destroyed vehicles that may be contaminated" should be avoided, and for this purpose it provides photographs on how to identify impacts of EU ammunition on Iraqi armored vehicles.

What the manual does not indicate is how to identify anything other than armored vehicles, such as buildings or other structures, or the large areas that have been hit by bombs and missiles with radioactive warheads. Nor does it indicate how to protect against airborne radioactive particles that can travel hundreds and thousands of kilometers, or soluble particles that can be incorporated and concentrate in the food chain.

Likewise, by using the term depleted uranium, it hides its true contaminating potential since, coming from nuclear waste, it is, in turn, previously contaminated with highly toxic elements such as U235, U238 or even Plutonium.

But if the troops who went to Iraq received this information, incomplete and clearly insufficient, but which nevertheless warned of the risk of radioactive contamination, the troops who recently went to Afghanistan received another manual, also prepared by CISET, of 160 pages, with a profusion of graphs, maps and photographs, which does not contain a single word about weaponry or radioactive contamination.

The manual seems to follow the dictates of the Pentagon and the British Ministry of Defense, which declared that they had not used depleted uranium ammunition in Afghanistan. But in reality, as we have already shown in these pages, the protagonist in Afghanistan was not anti-tank ammunition but a new generation of bombs and missiles with uranium warheads, depleted or not. It is estimated that more than 1000 tons of uranium were dropped in Afghanistan. Field investigations by the UMRC, Uranium Medical Research Center, show very high levels of radioactivity never previously recorded in civilian populations. If in the first Gulf War the effects of this contamination took five years to begin to manifest themselves, in Afghanistan the population began to have health problems within weeks of the bombings.

The troops who have gone to Afghanistan will be exposed to risks due to radioactive contamination that they have a right to know about and of which they have not been informed. They will be exposed to the same slow and silent death that the populations of Afghanistan, Iraq, Bosnia or Kosovo are suffering.

---

Note:

This article is based on the work of Alfredo Embid "Some things that the area manuals (Iraq, Afghanistan) of the Spanish army do not say". Boletín armas contra las guerras nº 47 available at http://www.amcmh.org/amcmh2"

Thank you sir :) :tiphat:

When combined with a <1%er, a lethal combination. All I know is that within a year after returning from GW1, I had a few weird diseases. Were these the result of something/someone I came into contact with during our frequent local visits. In our case Dubai Every 14 days for 3-5 days, or from all the shit they pumped into us. I simply don't know as, I wasn't stationed on the ground and hence, never came into contact with "localized DU". Nonetheless, that is when shit started to happen.

mjseeds

Is it better to grow your own cannabis? If you cultivate cannabis at home, you benefit from having all the weed you can use. Although initial setup costs may seem high, you will save money in the long-term if you're a regular user. You'll also gain a greater understanding and appreciation of the marijuana plant.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Is it better to grow your own cannabis? If you cultivate cannabis at home, you benefit from having all the weed you can use. Although initial setup costs may seem high, you will save money in the long-term if you're a regular user. You'll also gain a greater understanding and appreciation of the marijuana plant.

That's pretty much a no brainer :)

My original setup was paid for within 2 runs. Although, I have expanded my investment, it pales in comparison to acquiring legal weed, as previously discussed. But, the biggest advantage is you "know" what you are growing and the quality thereof. The other... if you require specific strains for "medicinal" applications, they are always available. The chasm between rec & med users is wide and full of controversy.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor

Yes, except for the legality.

Jock420

I think its better to grow your own.in my area weed is mostly still moist when sold.and not the best to be fair.
because most is being grown for quick profit. For money for coke. Now crack is taking the town over.
plus heard there putting spice on buds.so back to my homegrown for a decent clean smoke. Peace

plus there charging £85 for 2g of cali.thats damp. Aye ok wankers…

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think its better to grow your own.in my area weed is mostly still moist when sold.and not the best to be fair.
because most is being grown for quick profit. For money for coke. Now crack is taking the town over.
plus heard there putting spice on buds.so back to my homegrown for a decent clean smoke. Peace

plus there charging £85 for 2g of cali.thats damp. Aye ok wankers…

That must be a UK thing?.. Adding spice to good weed would make it unusable. Kinda like those that sell soap bar ?. Not all BM growers do bad shit like that.. It's always better to grow your own and make your own seed.

Jock420

Hi hammerhead i am in Scotland UK. I agree 100% with homegrown i no how its grown & dont need to pay cali prices

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Dope prices in California are in the crapper. Too much supply. That much for 2g is theft. Buy a tent, get a grow system, and never look back.

mexweed

Veteran
I have been disappointed by trying what was supposed to be killer brand name flower before, mostly because it had obviously been foliar sprayed with something containing kelp, it is always good to source a dispo that has legitimate flower though, the protip is their most killer shit is on the lowest shelf ~140/oz, the cool places often have tenders that are legit heads and the cool places grow their own shit to stand behind and aren't just a shelf for whatever warehouses to fill

the test is you ask the tender which they recommend between two strains you are interested in one being the more pricey option, if they recommend the lower tier...well there you go