What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

She's putting on a great show. :dancer::pet the cat:

Thanks. :thank you:

She's looking all most perfect!
All her leaves are a deep green color with no yellow or brown leaves at all.

The only issue is a very slight whitening of the tips on some of the new leaves.

I figure that means she is getting just enough nutes.

:plant grow:

PCBuds

They grow up so fast. :biggrin:

Not for so much for me. Lol
They normally seem to take forever.

My closet plant was started on September 29th.
She'll be 6 weeks old tomorrow.

It's supposed to be a 7-week plant from seed to harvest.

That's not going to happen. Lol

Your plants are doing great though!

I want to hurry up my Candy Cane so I can start one of your plants in the closet.

SuperBadGrower

Lookin good! :good:
Just a heads up, I always see a low temperature in your pictures. 69°F, 70°F. That's great for HPS but with LEDs your plants are on the cold side. If you increase the temperature they will grow faster/healthier, basically everything will be easier and better for the plant. 82°F is golden, but even 77°F is a game changer compared to 70°F.
You may be gettin weird readings as well with the sensor on top of the medium, right there is a microclimate of high RH and evaporation, and the irrigation water is typcally cooler than the ambient temperature

PCBuds

Those RH meters arrived so I glued a stick to one and stuck it in the planter.

The RH seems right and the temperature is about the same.

I think I'm just going to ignore the temperature.
I don't want to heat up my whole house for a plant. I don't want to spend the money on heating and I like my house cool.

I could put an electric heater in my closet but it would use 500 Watts and my whole grow is only using 110 Watts right now.

It will be a lot warmer in there once I turn on the sidelights.
That will add almost 200 Watts to the closet.

SuperBadGrower

O yeah it's fine, just saying, things will optimize as you hone in on 82 F. For me that can mean I could close a door, use less air/extraction, stuff like that.

PCBuds

I could turn off my exhaust fan to help the heat from a heater stay in the closet so it's less inclined to run nonstop.

As far as I know, you want to circulate air to bring in CO2 but I've got my wine bubbling in the closet, and I may be just blowing all the CO2 out of the closet?

PCBuds

I put another RH meter in the closet.

They agree with each other.

It is more humid in the closet. The house is at about 50% RH.

PCBuds

These are the start of flowers right?

What week of flower might this plant be in?

Where would she be in terms of stretching?

PCBuds

OK, good.

I'd hate for her to be halfway through her stretch.

But, as far as I've read, they can only double in height after stretch, so she still may be a little short in my closet?