What's new

Pandora closes her amphora

El Timbo

Ethiopian is one of my favourite from his catalogue and I also purchased his Ethiopian x Mauritious although I haven't popped any seed yet. I had no idea those were ripoffs too ! This makes me even madder at him !

ACE got it from vibes, vibes got it from African Seeds, African Seeds got it from Ethiopian growers, Ethiopian growers got it from some other growers etc etc etc

Lebanizer

May i ask what you're implying about the ace lebanese? Just curious as i have a pack of those in my seedvault
Sure. He came up with a completely bullshit story as to the origin of his Lebanese with some Israeliguy (of all places) called gasman who chimed in to tell everyone they got the seeds from Lebanese weed smuggled by Beduins from the South of Lebanon to Israel in the early 2000's. That story is so wrong I don't know where to begin to deconstruct it. Also worth mentioning that "gasman" never particpated much in the forum other than to tell that story and then disappeared. So it's really either of those:
  • Either those seeds are genuinely Lebanese but if so that story is an entire lie (that whole scenario can't happen in Lebanon especially at the timeframe indicated) and he actually got his seeds from Angus (TRSC) ie he stole the line without even crediting him ;
  • Or that story is somewhat true (ie they're really seeds from weed smuggled in Israel by Beduins) but in that case they can't be Lebanese but much more likely second rate stuff from Aqaba or those roundabouts where you do encounter Beduins but misrepresented as Lebanese because of the aura of the Lebanese strain in the cannabis world which makes it much more profitable.
As far Lebanese goes, the real deal is from Angus who sells it much cheaper (12 seeds for 47€ vs 10 seeds for 65€). And unlike the greedy thief we're discussing here, Angus did go to Lebanon.

Last edited:

RobFromTX

Sure. He came up with a completely bullshit story as to the origin of his Lebanese with some Israeliguy (of all places) called gasman who chimed in to tell everyone they got the seeds from Lebanese weed smuggled by Beduins from the South of Lebanon to Israel in the early 2000's. That story is so wrong I don't know where to begin to deconstruct it. Also worth mentioning that "gasman" never particpated much in the forum other than to tell that story and then disappeared. So it's really either of those:
  • Either those seeds are genuinely Lebanese but if so that story is an entire lie (that whole scenario can't happen in Lebanon especially at the timeframe indicated) and he actually got his seeds from Angus (TRSC) ie he stole the line without even crediting him ;
  • Or that story is somewhat true (ie they're really seeds from weed smuggled in Israel by Beduins) but in that case they can't be Lebanese but much more likely second rate stuff from Aqaba or those roundabouts where you do encounter Beduins but misrepresented as Lebanese because of the aura of the Lebanese strain in the cannabis world which makes it much more profitable.
The real deal is from Angus who sells it much cheaper (12 seeds for 47€ vs 10 seeds for 65€). And unlike the greedy thief we're discussing here, Angus did go to Lebanon.
Yeah i like Real Seeds too. I just wish more seedbanks carried central/south american sativa varieties as those are what i really enjoy

As far as that goes Ace is pretty much it

Lebanizer

Yeah i like Real Seeds too. I just wish more seedbanks carried central/south american sativa varieties as those are what i really enjoy

As far as that goes Ace is pretty much it
There's also the case of the Hokkaido strain. I'm just stating facts for that precise case and I'm leaving everyone to draw their own conclusions in the context of all that is being disclosed here. Many years ago, TRSC did sell Hokkaido seeds which eventually sold out. Several years later, poof, the other guy started selling Hokkaido seeds and has included it in his catalogue.

An interesting trivia, is that in the potcast interview, he does confess to having done bad things.

Last edited:

RobFromTX

There's also the case of the Hokkaido strain. I'm just stating facts for that precise case and I'm leaving everyone to draw their own conclusions in the context of all that is being disclosed here. Many years ago, TRSC did sell Hokkaido seeds which eventually sold out. Several years later, poof, the other guy started selling Hokkaido seeds and has included it in his catalogue.

An interesting trivia, is that in the potcast interview, he does confess to having done bad things.
So much seediness in the seed business

BC LONE WOLF

Any idea where does Swami Panama red “1976 peace corps” fit in with these other panamas?
I got it from him but I haven’t popped a bean yet, probably next year.

I’m still on the fence about his SMG “private collection” as it’s too thick of a flower to say it’s a full on 100% Colombian. Seems like a Nepalese got in there… time will tell.

Wanna be sure before I move forward:

Latest posts

Latest posts