What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1725911959394.gif

1725911980286.gif

Settling out to this forecast now. May stay warm, but moisture could be on the way sooner or later. Below average precipitation staying around the NE!

Had mice eating seeds which is usual, so applied liquid fence heavily yesterday. The mice got hungry on that 40 degree night after the plants were watered. Usually apply liquid fence after watering just to prevent issues, but didn't this time because of the flowers. Just have to be careful not to get the repellent on the plants.

Not sure if liquid fence stops mice, anything repel mice? They always climb the plants and eat my seed.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope these don't get too chopped up from having to cut out mold early. I think we'll be alright here, plants are strong and healthy which prevents mold.

Likely rain Friday, Friday Night, Saturday, and Saturday night, with a 40% chance of rain Sunday.

Tough to predict this year! Temps are upper 70's F today going to 90 for a couple days this week, getting rain and going to highs in the mid 70'sF!

full

----Update to Pipeline Farms 2024----

Weather has been great, dry and hot with periods of cool. Looks like some rain is likely later this week for a couple days with some gulf moisture, so may be the beginning of mold issues to inspect for. They are healthy plants and will be less susceptible to mold. Hopefully there are some dry pockets during the day here and there.

Mice are eating the seed to ran back to apply liquid fence yesterday after watering this weekend with 122 gal.

Pretty pink flowers on 3 of them!

full

full

Harvested a 5 foot plant that had been wilted looking for several weeks. It is planted on the edge and some of its root system went under the compacted soil of the walking path. Didn't want the plant to perform poor later on or have a chance of being stressed enough to go hermi/intersex and drop pollen.

Very high resin content and good medical indica pine terpene profile. Likely more resinous early due to stress on root system

full

Pushing pistils--stacking flowers! :smoke:

full

Stack pistils up to the sky--heavenly

full

Cannabis hedge
full

Holding on to leaves. Well fertilized it seems.
full

farmerfischer

View attachment 19063302

View attachment 19063303

Settling out to this forecast now. May stay warm, but moisture could be on the way sooner or later. Below average precipitation staying around the NE!

Had mice eating seeds which is usual, so applied liquid fence heavily yesterday. The mice got hungry on that 40 degree night after the plants were watered. Usually apply liquid fence after watering just to prevent issues, but didn't this time because of the flowers. Just have to be careful not to get the repellent on the plants.

Not sure if liquid fence stops mice, anything repel mice? They always climb the plants and eat my seed.
im in northern MI... i kind of hope it stays above normal.. I hate fighting mold and loosing ounces..

Holyherb420

Veteran
View attachment 19063302

View attachment 19063303

🤔 never thought about having to build a hoop over that 12fter in case of rain. Should probably figure that out sooner rather than later

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Small plants are nice, but they take more space to yield the same. Much easier to manage smaller plants. like 8 ft or less.

Some climates its possible to grow during the winter and growers can get multiple crops in each year. Just set out some clones at certain points.

moose/MI

This will be my 3rd season doing a back porch grow at 42°N . In containers on wheels so I can move them.

I run temporary plastic under lath over the back porch to offer protection during the late rains. Then roll them back out into the yard when it's nice.
Seems if I can just get through 2 weeks it's clear sailing on the other side.
This opens me up to more strains and genetics.

Attachments

• 20240908_111614.jpg
    20240908_111614.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • 20240812_073804.jpg
    20240812_073804.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20240903_152452_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240903_152452_Photos.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240809_095026.jpg
    20240809_095026.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 23
  • 20240820_134027.jpg
    20240820_134027.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 20

EastCoastGambit

So I know this is not the correct place to ask but outdoor plants have mold issues, we all know that. I've been trimming my grow that I removed tiny amounts of bud rot here and there from, during the grow, nothing major,

I was breaking the buds apart and looking at them with my 60x - 120x scope and I think there may be the slightest slightest trace of wispy stuff still in there. Like you have to search for it.

Should I pitch the whole grow, will it just keep growing and spreading in jars even if they are sufficiently dry?

I'm kind of torn, I'm sure i've smoked a bunch of mold in my life just from being a heavy user. My lungs are fucked up and I know it. But mold is all around us all the time, on food, in bathrooms, etc.

What's the ethics here? This bud looks good to the naked eye. If its contaminated its like point 3 percent (.3) I know its not good, but at super trace amounts how bad can it be? If I didn't look under the scope I would probably not have thought twice of it other than knowing I picked off a couple small obvious spots of bud rot at various points in the grow.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Really curious how my cultivar Sativa Candy Chunk would smoke as resin. I guess its stronger flavor than kief, and more potency obviously. Really like this terpene profile, would be interesting to see the essential oils of the rosin.

Whats a good cheap rosin rig? Or is there a homemade method? I guess it has to be decarbed too. How do you determine when that is done? Cooking at 240 F I guess to decarb.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
May want to cut the thickest tops if its out of control, but should wait another couple weeks if possible at least. Just inspect and cut it out if weather allows them to dry out a bit between rains. Shake off the water.

Holyherb420

Veteran
Really curious how my cultivar Sativa Candy Chunk would smoke as resin. I guess its stronger flavor than kief, and more potency obviously. Really like this terpene profile, would be interesting to see the essential oils of the rosin.

Whats a good cheap rosin rig? Or is there a homemade method? I guess it has to be decarbed too. How do you determine when that is done? Cooking at 240 F I guess to decarb.
Rosin rig? Like a press? A lot of people like dabpress seems to be a highly recommended starter press. I make bubble hash then press that

Candy chunk sounds delicious 😋

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sativa Candy Chunk has a good mix of a couple phenotypes, thats what helps keep it alive as a line, but they all have some terpenes similar to the smell of laundry. The original phenotype is more cherry flavor, some have some pine that are more medical indica leaning, some are more fruity almost like juicy fruit with some juniper and have more sativa background with looser structure flower.

2023 Photo

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like it works well! Keep it simple! I guess the kief would yield well and have some spent material left over for edibles as well.

Wish I had a canopy for the plants. The flowers are thick. Looks like a consitant rain chances all day with gulf moisure friday, and saturday afternoon it comes back in. Sun should come out sunday with a few chances of rain.

Don't really need the awning as much though if you can inspect most of the flowers and cut out mold. The top ones tend to not mold being with the best ventilation. It's usually the lower flowers that mold because of staying wet longer.

Latest posts

Latest posts