What's new

Out of the Cellar and into the Light..

C

cellardweller

:yoinks:
yeah access the only problem with that is I would probably blow myself up! Now, don't get me wrong, I do like playing with things that go bang, but I think landmines are def. outta the question! :laughing::laughing:

bongcritta..welcome to my thread..I'm glad that you think it's so informative!
I take it you are in N.E.?What are you putting out strainwise? what kind of controls will you be using for animals?
I haven't decided yet, but it's probably going to be a toss-up between some chicken-wire cages (stickied at the top of the outdoor forums) and some pureed onion stank..I found that here:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=120989&highlight=Deer
Good Luck and be safe out there!

Tona..no way in hell. :yeahthats:laughing::moon:

peacenpot,
~dubs

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
They'll be in the ground soon and then the waiting begins.....

Can't wait for "extraction" day.

The only thing that really sucks about outdoor is you can't go talk to your babies everyday......but man will they have a story to tell you when they get home...... :D

Peace & Stealth you ninja you..... :joint:

Old Soul

Veteran
I thought I had responded to this thread already, must have been stoned.lol Looking great bro, hope the outdoor season treats you right. It looks like a very nice spot, I'll be watching.
peace

C

cellardweller

iGro..yeah, it'll be one hell of a story! thats for sure.. :joint:

Old Soul..good to see you friend! you come on up anytime..:friends:

well kids, decided to snap a little pic today..
they are all doing well and enjoying some much needed sun..

picture.php

if you check the pic in the album, theres a description as to whats what in there..
peacenpot,
~cd

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cella it's so nice to see you posting up picture again brother :friends:
i LOVE outdoor babies !!
:lurk:

C

cellardweller

well thank you Brother Bear!!
it feels good to be posting again too!
:friends:

bongcritter

your babies are lookin good! nice sunny day today, i hope mine enjoy it as much as yours.

as far as keeping deer and small animals away...i was planning on using a cobination of chicken wire and some of that deer fencing mesh stuff....

checked out that thread, you had linked it earlier on in the thread actually, its very good...i dont know about wild onions though, im not the best wild onion hunter hahaha. I think i'm gonna go with some urine and other store bought repellants maybe?

i dont know man, i can just hope that does well. i know deer are pesky but after reading around they seem like the mortal enemy here...we'll see how it goes. lots of deer around here....lots!

L

LolaGal

What a scary story with the guy and dog.

I saw a lot of spots where the deer had laid down their babies today while out. They are mostly wanting to eat in the fields right now where they can get easy grass. I'm trying some briar patches in the swamps...maybe that will help deter the rascals.

Good luck,with your nice babies.

Here's an old song that comes to mind while out in the great outdoors today that seems to fit you too.

"Well they ran through briars,and they ran through the brambles,
And they ran some places where a rabbit wouldn't go,...

They ran so fast that the hounds couldn't catch em,
Down through Louisiana to the Gulf of Mexico.. "

That's some Johnny Horton for ya on a fine sunny day..... :D

C

cellardweller

"We fired our cannon till the barrel melted down
So we grabbed an alligator and we fought another round
We filled his head with cannonballs and powdered his behind
And when we touched the powder off the 'gator lost his mind"

:laughing:
I knows it well, lass..

Hey Cellar them babies are looking very pretty..ever thought of using coyote urine? thats the deers worst enemy other than us humans, deer can smell it for 100's of yards and wont go near it.. u can get it cheap off ebay and will last even thru the rain for 2+ weeks, just a thought..also im wondering if u or maybe anyone u know has ever done any alaskan ice outdoor? i got a thread on it but havnt had no response.i seen where it was on here but its all indoor.im new to the strain..anyways stay safe

C

cellardweller

Hi there tokerofdakill :wave: Thanks and welcome to my thread!
yeah I have thought of using coyote urine, but we have them around here, and I kinda don't want to attract em with that, because they would in turn attract other unwanted attention, namely more people. umm..as far as Alaskan Ice, I have never heard of anyone running outdoors around here, but there is this thread where more people would see your question:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=22169

:wave: yardclippings! welcome to my thread as well.. :joint:
thanks for the well wishes and may you have the same in return!

peacenpot,
~cd

hamstring

Veteran
:wave: hi Tona..

hi MeLtY..yup thanks to a friend here at IC..

sorry I didn't get back to you guys earlier..

So, anyway, went out to my spot today to do some work, bring some stuff,
picture.php

fill some holes,
picture.php

bla bla bla..I get finished up and decide to go down to the pond for a bit to throw my line in, and as I'm sneaking up the path, I hear a dog. so I crouch around the corner and peek out, and I see some old dude sitting there with 2 beagles. oh fucking joy. :fsu:
now I have never seen anyone there in all these years I have been going down there, but it doesn't mean that people dont go there.
I think my grow is far enough on the other side of the pond to get away with it, but that pond is my water supply, and I can't risk getting spotted, working that is. fishin's another thing..
I dunno..I have yet to get plants out and I'm already thinking ABORT! wtf..

edit: oh yeah did I mention :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: ??

CD
Sounds like you have a good grasp of what it takes to be a guerilla. I cant tell you how many times entering or exiting a grow I have had things like this happen and my heart just sinks. I have written about it many times. Guerrillas are most vulnerable entering and exiting the grow location not the actual spot but the location its self. For me most of the time it’s exiting because the work is done you feel safe and your guard is down.

"I can't risk getting spotted, and working that is. fishing’s another thing.."

You are exactly right in my opinion don’t be seen even if its a public place and if it happens have diversion plan like fishing. I always carry a collapsible pole with me always.

“I have never seen anyone there in all these years I have been going down there, but it doesn't mean that people don’t go there.”

Another truism for sure. Never believe you are the only Mf'er in the bush. I catch myself patting myself on the back. Thinking I am the only f**er crazy enough to put up with all these mosquitoes, nettles and rose thorns. Then bam, there’s someone’s footprint or evidence of other humans. They are there hopefully not when we are.
PEACE

C

cellardweller

lil update for those interested..

lil update for those interested..

hiya hammy! thanks for stoppin by the thread, and thanks for the kind words of encouragement as well! I'll be lurking your thread as we go too.. :joint:

well here are this weeks pics..
sorry for the blur, they are at a grower friends place, and I was kinda in a hurry..:redface:

Satori
picture.php

blueberry x bluebubble
picture.php

abusive x bluebubble
picture.php

NCDG, one of which is a runt, hmmm.. :chin:
picture.php

here is a close up of the little one. I don't know why she is showing this kind of damage. she hasn't been fed at all, and notice the canoeing of the leaves..
picture.php

and a cd x lt I decided to pop for shits and giggles..it was the only seed outta my last run w/ her and I don't know if it was a herm or from me pollenating the KC with the Sterling Widow. ( I think it was a herm though)
picture.php

I'm gonna wait another couple of weeks and then FIM/top them all..
well, I hope you all have had a great 3day holiday weekend!
peacenpot,
~dubbs

THC123

Veteran
hey CD

looking good.

The thing you mention with the weird plant is something i have had with a few dutch passion power plants.

They started growing that way and stayed that way with stunned growth , i would say , give her a few more weeks and then decide if you are gonna dispose of her

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice bro,that lil freaky one is crazy.
i cant wait to see what kind of monsters they turn into by the end of the season...theres ur before pic...now just need to get to the after.
peace-T-

P

Peat

Hey Cellar!

Looks like you're off to a great start!

FWIW, I'd sow another 3 or 4 to replace the runt.
AND, keep the runt! :biglaugh:
(It sure does look pissed off, tho!)

Good luck to ya! :friends:

:lurk: