What's new

our dogs

.♠.

KnottyDollar do some quick research, read some Richard Stratton.

You are talking out of the bounds of your personal knowledge. Their is not an official breed known as Pit Bulls. Period. I know because I fought the local Town I live in over a breed specific ban that they were trying to enforce and I won.

So no need to get all riled up, just do some quick research and you will see what I am talking about.

Peace.

P.s. The fact that you are disagreeing with me over a breed issue does not have any bearing on the responsibility of leashing dogs in public.

KnottyDollar said:
^^ Word.

And the bulldogs commonly known as pit bulls? I call bullshit on everything you said. The American Pit Bull Terrier was developed from the Bull and Terrier types of yesteryear. They are not bulldogs. Nice try though.

Thanks for playing.

Try reading yourself. There absolutely is an official breed known as The American Pit Bull Terrier. Commonly referred to as a pit bull or simply a pit.

Last edited:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Yeah do some research.. :laughing:
Pit bulls are a breed, here ya go:
PICT0061.jpg

PICT0060.jpg

:rasta:

the 'other name' says 'American pit bull terrier'.

Last edited:

.♠.

I read what you typed.

When I used the term bulldog, I was referring to "Pit Bulls" which have been referred to as bulldogs through out the years. This is documented in many places, just read about any old breeder, he will refer to his dogs as bulldogs.

So in turn I again ask you to take a second and do some quick research. Richard Stratton is a perfect place to start. He is a master in the history of breeds such as the American Pit Bull terrier, the Staff terrier, the AmStaff, etc.

The term bulldog is a generic term for all of these breeds.

There is no need to be short, lets talk as equals.

I think we just got off on the wrong foot here because of my poor wording in my first post.

I was simply trying to say that there is no such breed as a Pit Bull which many people tend to think. Dogs that are considered Pit Bulls actually make up around 10+ breeds that all appear similar in one way or another. These breeds are generically called Bulldogs by breeders of yesteryear on throughout today. Check out a couple Game dog forums, you will see the term bull dog used quite frequently.

Peace

Actually there is a difference between American Pit Bull Terriers and American Staffordshire Terrier. The difference between Pits and American Staffordshire Terriers is a difficult one. Even breeders can't agree. The main difference is the bloodline.

.♠. said:
I read what you typed.

When I used the term bulldog, I was referring to "Pit Bulls" which have been referred to as bulldogs through out the years. This is documented in many places, just read about any old breeder, he will refer to his dogs as bulldogs.

So in turn I again ask you to take a second and do some quick research. Richard Stratton is a perfect place to start. He is a master in the history of breeds such as the American Pit Bull terrier, the Staff terrier, the AmStaff, etc.

The term bulldog is a generic term for all of these breeds.

There is no need to be short, lets talk as equals.

I think we just got off on the wrong foot here because of my poor wording in my first post.

I was simply trying to say that there is no such breed as a Pit Bull which many people tend to think. Dogs that are considered Pit Bulls actually make up around 10+ breeds that all appear similar in one way or another. These breeds are generically called Bulldogs by breeders of yesteryear on throughout today. Check out a couple Game dog forums, you will see the term bull dog used quite frequently.

Peace

I have never seen anything other than an American Pit Bull Terrier or an American Staffordshire Terrier referred to as a pit bull

.♠.

Your right KnottyDollar. Also some say the differance came about when the same breed started being bred for different reasons, one for game, the other for show.

There is a lot of dispute between the two.

Peace

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
All dogs are mixes of other dogs, thats like saying a rottwieler isnt a breed cuz it got like 40 somethin differant type of dogs in it. Pit Bulls are a breed, its official.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
yeah, in the shows they call um staffordshire, but in the streets we call um pits. Same dogs. I editted my post cuz it caught my eye, just another name for the same thang.

.♠.

Get Mo, that is cool bro, I am done arguing about it. I am looking forward to a positive conversation now.

KnottyDollar I agree, and believe that is the consensus overall is that the AmStaff took on the show dog aspect and the American Terrier remained as the work dog. Though many argue how true they are anymore due to not being able to truly test their dogs game.

.♠.

Hey guys.

Here is a quick link to the following quote from the Mid-America Bully Breed Rescue (MABBR)

"Pit bull" is not a breed, but a "type" that encompasses several registered breeds and crossbreeds. Therefore, statistics that claim "Pit bulls" are responsible for some percentage of attacks are lumping many separate breeds of dogs together, then comparing that to other dogs that are counted as individual breeds. There are currently 25 breeds that are commonly considered a "pit bull".

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
KnottyDollar said:
Pits, Bullies, Boxers.. these are all in the same family but they are not the same dog.
Um- yeah. That's what I said in my post, 'Dude'. Well, 'the same class of dog'. The molossers. Would you mind reading more closely before just jumping on something as wrong? Thanks.

Reactions: Boo

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
staffs came from stafford uk ,there is some great examples of them around uk
the traditional look or the smily face look
id love one with a white coat and dalmation spots on his skin

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
While there are dozens of different breeds and personalities, I’m sure we can all agree that we as humans do not deserve dogs. Dogs are so much better than human beings, in all respects… I currently have two male German shepherds, and I’m very tempted to get a third one in the near future… There is no such thing as a bad dog, but only a bad master…