What's new

our dogs

NOKUY

Veteran
me and "the real yukon"...thats my dogs name....i stole it from hin for here.

we went fishing today and had fun.

i took this pic this morning right before we went.

we didnt catch shit cuz fishing in colorado suks...but we had fun walking and peeps are maniacs wanting to pet him, and talk about him (he's a chic magnet) we say...lol

yukon is a great pyrenees...

my last pooch was a komondor (mean ass bitch)...hated everone and everything but me....ill be glad to post pics if anyone is interested.

T

texsativa

It looks way too cold in that picture. You should hurry up and come down to Texas.

NOKUY

Veteran
texsativa said:
It looks way too cold in that picture. You should hurry up and come down to Texas.

...it wont be long.

ive been talking to a texas hottie all morning.....she's from around the way, so we'll see.

yukon will be pissed tho.

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
they must always have oil industry stuff going on in alaska cuz of that big pipe. field office stuff; inspection teams and stations, etc. you ever look into that? maybe someone can pull a string or put in a word.

S

Space Ghost

good lookin' pooch, I'd like to see a pic or two of your old dog too

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
great looking buddy you got there man, i used to have a dog named snuggles that looked a lot like him. i bet he is strong as an ox!

NOKUY

Veteran
Space Ghost said:
good lookin' pooch, I'd like to see a pic or two of your old dog too

heres a cpl of the old girl....no one, and i mean no one or anything could touch her.

Last edited:

NOKUY

Veteran
flubnutz said:
they must always have oil industry stuff going on in alaska cuz of that big pipe. field office stuff; inspection teams and stations, etc. you ever look into that? maybe someone can pull a string or put in a word.

yeah they do have some jobs but "Alyeska" prolly has a zillion job apps to sift thru tho.......and its all maintenance shit since the line is up.

....and there is a new natty gas line that is supposed to go thru all the way from AK to the lower 48...but most jobs for that seem to be on the canadian side. (maybe someone here knows more...OMT?)....i dont get ADN every day anymore.

if peeps want sum "get rich quik shit" in this industry and u can get a canadian work visa...go to northern alberta and get on in "oil sands"....they are giving chumps like $100,000/year right out of highschool....no joke.

i promise it will be discovery channel's next big program if they arent working on it now.

last time i drove thru calgary i was blown away by all the peeps driving nice trucks and rigs...there is alot of fukin money up there.

Last edited:

G. Sensi

Got a question for the dog owners...probably more for those that live in cities...

Do you let your Pitts, Rotties, Dobes, Staff Terr's, Sheperds etc etc... The big boys that have the reps for fighting and attacking others off their leashes??? Do they have a tendency to get out of the back yard or jump fences??

Im askin bc Im gettin rather paranoid walkin my dog now a days... Last summer his life flashed before my eyes as this HUGE German Sheppard wandered into the park where my dog was off leash...Shep was totally unattended to... looking scared and lost as shit... and all I can think is that he's gonna attack my pup... I quickly grabbed him by the back of the neck (I couldnt even get to his leash on the bench as that would have got the sheps attention) and I basically had to run to the far side of the park as far away from him as possible and wait for him to get far enough away from the entrance of the park for us to get out...

Yesterday Im walking thru the trail at the back of the house and I can see in one backyard theres another pit/shepp mixed dog just sittin at the fence watchin me and my dog go by... He didnt bark... didnt do anything, but then I turn around a few steps further on, and the dogs jumped the fence and is now sauntering towards us, again hes tottally unattended to... The ownders wouldnt even hear me screamin for them to call their dog and Im like WTF!!!

I hear horror stories all the time about Pitts and Rotties gettin out and attackin small dogs and old ladies and as much as I dont wanna give into the rep bs, there is obviously some truth to these stories...

Its rediculous! People take care of your animals!!! I own a King sized Dobie and I dont let him get more than 10 feet away from me!!! He has the power, speed and ability to do serious harm to humans and other animals and I feel I need to be as responsible for him as someone who owns a gun...

Last thing I ever want is for him to kill some dog that ran up to him and I make sure the gate is locked and higher than he can jump!!

Just had to vent... maybe its the spliff I smoke while I walk that paranoys me, but shits gettin rediculous! Watch your dogs! Know where they are at all times people!

-G

.♠.

Letting your dog off the leash is ignorant. No matter how (over) confident you are about your dogs training.

Before I get bashed, I train rescue dogs, mostly bulldogs such as the commonly known "pit bull". I also raise dogs that have not been in "rescue" situations, so you can't just say that it is because they come from checkered pasts.

I am rather rigorous with their social training, but would never suggest that I knew every thought in a dogs head, or every reaction a dog may have to a given situation.

Dogs are independent, even though they can be trained.

Just because it works for someone for a given amount of time does not mean it is a good idea.

Any professional breeder or dog handler will say that it is irresponsible to let a dog off of its leash while in a public area. Working with them in a specialized facility and or on private land is a different story.

Peace

FrankRizzo

Listen to me jerky
I think it all comes down to the owners not the dogs. I've met a huge rottie than was the biggest p*ssy in the world. The thing was scary as hell from a distance, but if you just said it's name in a harsh tone it would lay down and almost roll over. Now with that being said you have to be very careful around unfamiliar dogs. Chances are they are just trying to defend their turf or are just bored looking for a fight. Most of the breeds that get the worst rap are purchased as a status symbol. By no means is this the case all the time, but it sure can account for a lot of cases. Someone buys a "scary" looking dog to strike fear into people. Don't take proper care of the dog and it becomes a problem for other people. Eats some random kid or something because it wasn't trained, exercised, loved, etc. A good dog will have a good owner, a "bad" dog is usually a good dog with a bad owner. Just my 2 cents.

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
.♠. said:
Letting your dog off the leash is ignorant. No matter how (over) confident you are about your dogs training......
Any professional breeder or dog handler will say that it is irresponsible to let a dog off of its leash while in a public area. Working with them in a specialized facility and or on private land is a different story.
I agree strongly with this statement. I'm also a bully lover, and am on my second OEB x Boxer rescue. Your dog MAY get along with certain other individual dogs, but you never know when someone else's dog will start sh*t and yours will rise to the challenge, or your dog just might decide it doesn't like another dog and start something himself. I've got a scar on my hand where another dog whose owner let her off lead 'because she just wants to play' (I disagreed and asked her to call back her dog, which was apparently NOT used to working under voice command...dumbass owner) bit me while I was breaking up a brawl... Okay, more balls than brains on that one, but I'd be damned if I was going to see my dog get injured over nothing.
You might have a good feel for how your dog is going to react to another dog based on its body language- but remember not everyone does, so I figure just be safe.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
FrankRizzo said:
I think it all comes down to the owners not the dogs. .

Its ALWAYS nurture over nature... applies to all forms of life. from dogs to humans to plants.

i got a peyote... not cactus but a pitbull x coyote. she looks soo vicicious yet shes the biggest teddy bear,,, i let her off the leash everywher never a problem... one time i was even gettn harrassed by police and she comes up and starts lickn the officers hand... i let her play with my little girl all the time, sometimes my dog even lets her get horseback rides...

^^ Word.

And the bulldogs commonly known as pit bulls? I call bullshit on everything you said. The American Pit Bull Terrier was developed from the Bull and Terrier types of yesteryear. They are not bulldogs. Nice try though.

Thanks for playing.

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
KnottyDollar said:
The American Pit Bull Terrier was developed from the Bull and Terrier types of yesteryear. They are not bulldogs. Nice try though.
They share enough common history to be considered the same class of dog (molossers) though, and the names get confused over time too- like the Pug is sometimes referred to as a Dutch mastiff. Hahaha! And the Olde Boston Bulldogge is technically a bull-and-terrier as well. What can I say, I love all bullies! That laid-back but very VERY bonded attitude is just a delight.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
KnottyDollar said:
Sorry dude, you are wrong.

Pits, Bullies, Boxers.. these are all in the same family but they are not the same dog.

Thats for damn sho.