What's new

Original Haze Tips

stellis0358

Cuts are a lot easier to manage than the seed parents. My OHz are only about 24-30 inches tall and done with the stretch (in 1 gal pots). I didn't need much size for a seed run. IMHO, cuttings don't suffer as severely from being rootbound as the mother plants do that have tap roots.
Thanks for all the help and recommendations. We'll see how it goes.🤙

stellis0358

My clones just arent ready yet so I felt I had to flip the other 8 plants to flower today. I'm still not sure of sex yet and they've been in 1 quart pots. I know I have 1 female in those 8 but I'm not crazy about using her. I have a couple more that are shorter - I'm hoping they are female. I will probably collect some pollen so I can hit up the clones I took from this mother once they are ready. I'm keeping her in veg in another tent.

stellis0358

2 days of flowering and finally 2 more females popped hairs. 1 of them is nice I think, it has a very similar growth structure as the one I'm using as a mother. I've got them transplanted now. Keeping my fingers crossed for pollen now. I feel the pressure is off now providing I end up with pollen. I've had some males produce pollen sacs with no pollen before. I hope that doesn't happen with these of all strains.

stellis0358

With this strain does anyone know approximately when my male will start dropping pollen? They've been in flower for 2 weeks now. I have culled out the males and chose one for my seed run, took a couple cuttings from him before flowering and placed in my cloner just in case. I also did some secondary topping on the taller female - she was starting to get up there.

I have 2 females and 1 male in the tent now for my seed run. Pollen sac clusters are starting to stack up.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
With this strain does anyone know approximately when my male will start dropping pollen? They've been in flower for 2 weeks now. I have culled out the males and chose one for my seed run, took a couple cuttings from him before flowering and placed in my cloner just in case. I also did some secondary topping on the taller female - she was starting to get up there.

I have 2 females and 1 male in the tent now for my seed run. Pollen sac clusters are starting to stack up.
Normally you want the Females flowering 2 weeks ahead of the Male for best pollination/seed set but I think around week 4 12/12 for O Haze pollen will drop , but pics will help us identify how far along the Male is and give a better/accurate judgement on when the pollen will drop

stellis0358

Hope this works for visualization

Attachments

• 20240319_091040.jpg
    20240319_091040.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 38
Reactions: ojd

stellis0358

Looks around 7 days for first drop and 14 -20 to be fully dropping pollen everywhere
Just a little update - pollen started dropping about 3 or 4 days after your post. And its been dropping real good these past 7 days. I was even able to collect quite a bit of pollen for freezing. I have the male in between my 2 females and a small fan on lowest speed so when pollen drops the fan blows it right into the females. Probably not needed but I did it anyway. And I don't have my exhaust fan running during pollination.

My clones are taking foreveeeeerrrrrr, but it looks like I've got 3 or 4 females cloned and trying to take root in soil. I may end up with a couple more than that. In another week or so I should be in a position to remove the male, clean up the tent, spray the plants down and start flowering some girls for smoke. I also want to pollinate a few branches from this mother I used for clones. She's the nicest of the 3.

stellis0358

So I'd like to get someone else's opinion here. Does this female look mature enough for pollination to take? It looks like the pistols are turning dark which is an indicator she has been pollinated. The male has been dropping copious amounts of pollen so I'm pretty sure these females have been pollinated. I just don't want to pull the male too early.

Attachments

• 20240402_160220.jpg
    20240402_160220.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 32

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its not to early to pollinate , if there are White pistils then they can be pollinated and yours looked plenty

It looks like just the top cola has some pollination signs ( Orange pistils), I would leave it longer and/or help it along by sprinkling pollen on all branches/bud sites with mainly White hairs .
Way too many white pistils to be fully pollinated , I wait until 70% have withered and gone Orange if I want many seeds.

How many seeds do you want 50 or 500 , if 50 your probaly good already, if 100's maybe keep pollinating it.

Screenshot_20240403_094931_Chrome.jpg

stellis0358

Its not to early to pollinate , if there are White pistils then they can be pollinated and yours looked plenty

It looks like just the top cola has some pollination signs ( Orange pistils), I would leave it longer and/or help it along by sprinkling pollen on all branches/bud sites with mainly White hairs .
Way too many white pistils to be fully pollinated , I wait until 70% have withered and gone Orange if I want many seeds.

How many seeds do you want 50 or 500 , if 50 your probaly good already, if 100's maybe keep pollinating it.

View attachment 18982262
👍

stellis0358

So another question related to this Haze. I've been seeing some strange discoloration on some leaves of these 2 females. Not too many, but a few leaves. I know that this happens naturally on most cannabis plants as the plant's life cycle comes to an end. But I'm not sure what this actually is. I will also add - I purchased the purple pheno seeds. I just want to be sure these females finish out without any issues. Any thoughts from anyone familiar with this strain?

Attachments

• 20240403_105504.jpg
    20240403_105504.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19

stellis0358

Just a quick update - seeds were starting to pop through the calyxes of the upper most part of the colas but are still developing on the rest of the plant so I decided to snip off the top 4 inches of 2 colas. Just from those alone I was able to collect 600 seeds from this Haze IBL after sorting. I don't get real anal about the sorting and I see I still have a few in there that need to come out. Once they've finished drying out I will do one last sort before storing. I guess I may have over done it - I probably still have well over 1000 more seeds still on the plant to harvest - way more than I'll ever need or use.

I open pollinated 2 females with different phenotypes. The 2nd female is way behind the 1st one. These 600 seeds came from only 1 female. I've also noticed the seeds are nowhere near as plentiful on this 2nd female. I'm wondering if I had let them both flower if I have 2 phenos that would have finished days if not weeks apart? I will harvest from both and keep the seeds separated.

Thanks to everyone's input and advice in helping with this seed run - it's appreciated!!

Attachments

• 20240504_090335.jpg
    20240504_090335.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

bajode5

Just a quick update - seeds were starting to pop through the calyxes of the upper most part of the colas but are still developing on the rest of the plant so I decided to snip off the top 4 inches of 2 colas. Just from those alone I was able to collect 600 seeds from this Haze IBL after sorting. I don't get real anal about the sorting and I see I still have a few in there that need to come out. Once they've finished drying out I will do one last sort before storing. I guess I may have over done it - I probably still have well over 1000 more seeds still on the plant to harvest - way more than I'll ever need or use.

I open pollinated 2 females with different phenotypes. The 2nd female is way behind the 1st one. These 600 seeds came from only 1 female. I've also noticed the seeds are nowhere near as plentiful on this 2nd female. I'm wondering if I had let them both flower if I have 2 phenos that would have finished days if not weeks apart? I will harvest from both and keep the seeds separated.

Thanks to everyone's input and advice in helping with this seed run - it's appreciated!!
Good work, you have a lot where you can find some interesting stuff.

Latest posts

Latest posts