What's new

Original Gorilla - GGStrains - Why is that happening to me? Help please

Ttutorial

420club
winner@420giveaway
Hey. I did have a original glue pack from GGStrains - Josey whales certified.
In the pack, there are 6 feminized Seeds - FEMINIZED.

I already popped 5 seeds, i did got like 2 retarded plants, very unlucky...
Now i did find one ... that is SO AMAZING! But, now after 1 week in 12/12.. balls.. But no hermie, MALE. I got a male!

So, i breed a little bit... am i lucky and should pollen chuck the shit out of him or throw it away? Did they fucked up and put Regular Seeds in it? Its the first bean that got to 12/12...

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran

Now i did find one ... that is SO AMAZING! But, now after 1 week in 12/12.. balls.. But no hermie, MALE. I got a male!

So, i breed a little bit... am i lucky and should pollen chuck the shit out of him or throw it away? Did they fucked up and put Regular Seeds in it? Its the first bean that got to 12/12...
Good question friend. Sometimes the breeder will get in a big hurry to finish, too much of a hurry, and not allow enough time to stabilize the strain. One way to know for sure is if the pollen only produces females on the next batch of seeds.

Reactions: GMT

Terpyterps

Might be also elaborate scam too, not so unheard in cannabis business. Might be just bad luck, or like Creeperpark said that it was made in hurry. Or you won the bad luck lottery literally. There is nothing that anyone could do to help you, but you could save the pollen and try making seeds.

Asentrouw

Sounds like a fuck up from the breeder. Especially if you payed extra for a "certification". 😉

I would "pollen chuck the shit out" of the good plants. Should give you enough seeds to play around with for the coming time.

If it's a male you should be fine. Even hermies can have good progony - especially if these are induced by external factors (big plus: all female progony).

Ttutorial

420club
winner@420giveaway
Its the real GG4 i mean.. from Josey Whales... 120bucks for 6 seeds

From GGStrains..

I do not use any herm on my projects.. its just not worth it! My opinion!
Im a bit mad to be honest, 20 bucks for 1 seed and a male.. on a feminized pack is not okay tho

Asentrouw

From GGStrains..

Im a bit mad to be honest, 20 bucks for 1 seed and a male.. on a feminized pack is not okay tho

20 bucks a seed is a bit steep. Would be angry too. But I doubt these seeds are any more "real" then a GG#4 BX from a Spanish bulk seed breeder.

If it was a clone it would be a different matter.

That being said, wasn't the real GG #4 not the product of a hermie to begin with? So maybe it is the real deal...

Boob McNoob

From GGStrains..

goldblum-quote.jpeg

Terpyterps

Have you contacted seller, because if they have fake stock for sell, might be worth letting them know too. Because even sellers like Zamnesia are not immune to that. Prizes are what they are and people pay premium for exotic and rare seeds. Just listened podcast where one dude bought $6000 worth seeds $500 a pack and got nothing special.

Ttutorial

420club
winner@420giveaway
Nah, it is from the guys who invented the Gorilla Glue, i think u got it wrong here, it is no bulk seeds.. its from ggstrains, who created gorilla glue.. I got the real package!

But its feminized, and i got 100% a male.. I thought it would be great to pollen chuch this dude and create maybe something with it, but i killed him.. Today i double checked again.. 100% balls.. no herm, no female..
Just a male.. I think i should be holding on to him, GG male is rare (A REAL GG) af i think... maybe they fucked up and put reg seeds in the fem package?

either way.. the gg was created by a herm, so i do not want to produce lot of seeds with it.

20 bucks, fertilizer, soil my time and love for nothing -.-

xtsho

Nah, it is from the guys who invented the Gorilla Glue, i think u got it wrong here, it is no bulk seeds.. its from ggstrains, who created gorilla glue.. I got the real package!

But its feminized, and i got 100% a male.. I thought it would be great to pollen chuch this dude and create maybe something with it, but i killed him.. Today i double checked again.. 100% balls.. no herm, no female..
Just a male.. I think i should be holding on to him, GG male is rare (A REAL GG) af i think... maybe they fucked up and put reg seeds in the fem package?

either way.. the gg was created by a herm, so i do not want to produce lot of seeds with it.

20 bucks, fertilizer, soil my time and love for nothing -.-

You don't know what you got other than a couple as you say "retards" and a male. At this point you can't even be sure of what strain you got.

What's with this certification nonsense? Certified by who? Do they send you an actual certificate? This stuff is getting ridiculous.

Terpyterps

it has been ridiculous always, but this is actual issue in cannabis seed market and there should be solution. I don’t mind the prices but then there should be a lot more transparency and way to verify the product. It is no different from Luis Vuitton bags, you pay premium for premium and not for fake.

xtsho

it has been ridiculous always, but this is actual issue in cannabis seed market and there should be solution. I don’t mind the prices but then there should be a lot more transparency and way to verify the product. It is no different from Luis Vuitton bags, you pay premium for premium and not for fake.

Luis Vuitton bags can be verified. Cannabis seeds cannot. People can say they are anything and you won't know until you grow them. Even then you might end up with good weed but still can never be sure it actually is what it was said to be with so many similar strains that are getting harder and harder to distinguish between.

Asentrouw

Luis Vuitton bags can be verified. Cannabis seeds cannot. People can say they are anything and you won't know until you grow them. Even then you might end up with good weed but still can never be sure it actually is what it was said to be with so many similar strains that are getting harder and harder to distinguish between.

Certainly true. And even if it's the real deal, there is little chance the offspring is the exact same as the famous clone it is derived from. The pheno's of a selfed GG#4 are probably all over the place.

Terpyterps

Although it is not unheard that feminised seed produce balls, they have about 99,8% chance to produce female plants. It is not common when you buy 6 seeds, but if you pop 1000-2000 seeds then you will run to male plants too.

Last edited:

PetePrice

Good question friend. Sometimes the breeder will get in a big hurry to finish, too much of a hurry, and not allow enough time to stabilize the strain. One way to know for sure is if the pollen only produces females on the next batch of seeds.
I don't understand how this would create a XY male? Bringing down a plant early does not alter its genes, it's more likely down to luck as in a xx will produce a plant like such to a ratio that I can't remember but I would love clarity on how bringing a plant down early alters its offspring!

xtsho

I don't understand how this would create a XY male? Bringing down a plant early does not alter its genes, it's more likely down to luck as in a xx will produce a plant like such to a ratio that I can't remember but I would love clarity on how bringing a plant down early alters its offspring!

I don't understand how any plant's pollen will produce only female seeds unless it was a female reversed using methods like STS or CS.

PetePrice

Maybe I misread and it's being stated gg4 was unstable as a mum, I've gone through a fair few S1s and got no intersex? I also had the clone and had no issues

Reactions: GMT

PoweredByLove

Most Loved

You have to understand that feminized seeds are just hermie seeds that were breed to show mostly female. That being said you still have all the genes there assuming it's just reversed gg4.

Grow out all the plants dust the females with the one that's mostly male. Then grow the seeds from those and only keep the male and only female ones that don't herm before they are week 7 flowering. If they show balls anywhere before that don't use them to make more seeds. Hope this helps. Nothing you can do about it. I've grown gem before and they mostly all herm a little bit and I've grown gorilla crosses and some of those herm under the right conditions as well.

You got a mixed gene pool started from accidental hermie and then reversed to make more seeds.

I got so many s1 gorilla crossed seeds.

xtsho

You have to understand that feminized seeds are just hermie seeds that were breed to show mostly female. That being said you still have all the genes there assuming it's just reversed gg4.

Grow out all the plants dust the females with the one that's mostly male. Then grow the seeds from those and only keep the male and only female ones that don't herm before they are week 7 flowering. If they show balls anywhere before that don't use them to make more seeds. Hope this helps. Nothing you can do about it. I've grown gem before and they mostly all herm a little bit and I've grown gorilla crosses and some of those herm under the right conditions as well.

You got a mixed gene pool started from accidental hermie and then reversed to make more seeds.

I got so many s1 gorilla crossed seeds.

No they are not hermie seeds. Chemicals like STS and CS used for reversing female plants for pollen block the production of ethylene causing the plant to produce male flowers that are missing a chromosome resulting in pollen that when used to pollinate a female plant will produce female/feminized seeds 99.999% of the time.