What's new

organic Nutrients w/ high heavy metal

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Interesting, I knew about high arsenic levels in chicken manure due to medication they're given containing arsenic, but what is the source of lead and copper, cobalt and nickel found in the dr. earth? Where is that likely coming from? Do they say what ingredients their nutrients are sourced from, is it just guano or other things too?

Peace

WingzHauser

1) Phosphoric acid + cadmium = insoluble cadmium phosphate. Follow the trends. "Phosphorus bad" = Monsanto bs.

2) Excess sulfur promotes heavy metal uptake. Chicken vs egg revealed. Follow the trends.

3) Breeding for multiple SaPCR2 transcripts will spit Cd out of the roots. Backyard Bro breeding of medical grade hyper accumulators? Sounds schedule 2 to me, brother.

4) "Soils can become polluted as an effect of high concentration of metalloids and trace metals through emissions from the rapidly expanding industrial sector, disposal of high metal waste, pesticides, coal combustion residues, mine tailings, leaded gasoline, paints, synthetic fertilizers, manures, wastewater irrigation, petrochemical spillage, atmospheric deposition, and sewage sludge " Avoid these things.

5) Is Cadmium really that bad for you anyway? Plenty of us grew up playing in the zinc mines and we hobble around just fine!
itai-itai.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Cannabis has the ability to suck up Lead and Cadmium and store in in the plant.

Cadmium is the chemical element of atomic number 48, a silvery-white metal.

Lead is a chemical element with the symbol Pb and atomic number 82.

Both metals are poisonous and will be absorbed into the body when the plants are exposed to them. It's a real problem a lot of people don't even know about it.

That is another good reason to limit over-exposure to excess fertilizers and heavy amendments.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
So when it going through this warm compost method it should be Ready to ad ?
Is it ready to add to the garden after composting? Yes, you can add it at any time composted or not. Rabbit manure is a 'cold' manure and will not burn plants without heavy application.
I was thinking Maybe it should go through the wormbin?
EWC from rabbit manure is some of the best castings you can get for plants. Amazingly complex biology in those little balls of shit. ;)
Do u use containers Douglas? And if u just apply as topdress ? 🤗
Cheers
I use containers, yes, and I use my liquid gold fertilizer as a booster with potting soil for now. It does have a strong smell which is not unpleasant, just strong, so I don't generally use it as a foliar unless it's outdoor plants.

All my garden plants get topdress and occasional foliars of liquid gold and KNF calcium acetate.

420empire

Veteran
Ay captain 🥰
I will note your bulletpoitns.
I have bhought dry rabbit ferts dunno if it made the big differencen, but it was mixed with biobizz, So cant Really say any conclusive..
They add bone and soy meal to it, and Thats all besides the rabbit poop.
But I really like how they collect it from rabbit hobby breeders, take look on their site. Warning its in Danish 😂😂🇩🇰

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Niiice :)

I wonder how they separate the hay from the manure, or if they do not use hay. I use hay for health reasons for them, so I'm always looking for easier/more-effective ways to separate the two. ;)

Google translate says the manure is from Danish free rabbits. So, Danes are not interbreeding with rabbits? Probably a good thing. lol :)

Bone meal sounds like a great addition, and I've never used soy meal for plants.

420empire

Veteran
They take the manure mix in with the hay and dry it, so basically dry fert. Talked with the guy once, he send my data on the fert once but cant find it😬
We only have wild rabbits on a island close to the main land. The rest is all hobbys in big cageds .
They collect from approved rabbit owners and then add bone meal and soy.
Would be best to own a few, just to get more off the grid 😉

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Love, fur, meat and manure... rabbits bring a lot to the table. ;)
They are more sociable and require cleaner conditions, more labor and more care with food than most domesticated animals. I literally prefer to dispatch and eat rabbit vs. giving/selling it as a 'pet' to most people. Many people are not responsible enough, so rabbits are not for everyone.

Hiddenjems

Cannabis has the ability to suck up Lead and Cadmium and store in in the plant.

Cadmium is the chemical element of atomic number 48, a silvery-white metal.

Lead is a chemical element with the symbol Pb and atomic number 82.

Both metals are poisonous and will be absorbed into the body when the plants are exposed to them. It's a real problem a lot of people don't even know about it.

That is another good reason to limit over-exposure to excess fertilizers and heavy amendments.
That’s a big thing organic growers miss. A man made organic soil is less healthy for you than hydro with lab tested ingredients.

The big benefits to organic farming are when it’s done outdoors in naturally good soil with nothing coming from off site added to it.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I’ve noticed the label on BioBizz nutrients has a little section detailing it’s heavy metal contents, was shocked.
Never noticed this in chemical based nutes.
I think organic based nutes have to state the heavy metal contamination, at least in the European Union. While the salt based ones are not required, and the ones that are profesional and targeted for food production have very low concentrations or none at all, anyway.

I think organic based nutes have to state the heavy metal contamination, at least in the European Union. While the salt based ones are not required, and the ones that are profesional and targeted for food production have very low concentrations or none at all, anyway.
Yeah here in the states, it’s not illegal to avoid listing the metal anyalyst and more than not any dry amendment granular in the states customers have no idea And they believe they’re getting clean nutrients.

In America more is always better. Doesn't matter what it is we can sell it to some mark. Is it heavy? Heavy means expansive. Bonus heavy metals means more more more sales. All the way to your grave, and beyond..

Organic Cannabis is quite literally a scam:

Cannabis is a hyper accumulator of heavy metals. AKA a weed.

Main HM toxicity to Cannabis is manganese.

Only way to prevent Mn toxicity is calmag+fe.

Or legit Cannabis nutes.

Calmag causes numerous problems.

Nute company gets to sell numerous bandaids.

Or they could simply sell legit clean Cannabis nutes...

Clean nutes aren't profitable though.

Enjoy your low quality weed.

Enjoy your heavy metals.

Enjoy your misinfo. (Being told you have Calcium deficiency when your entire farmland is poisoned with excess Mn.)

Seems intentional. Consultants are literally destroying bigger Cannabis fields than the DEA ever did:

20240112_185203.jpg

That's the weird part about growing weed. Seems like there's an agenda to fuck everyone with bullshit.

In America more is always better. Doesn't matter what it is we can sell it to some mark. Is it heavy? Heavy means expansive. Bonus heavy metals means more more more sales. All the way to your grave, and beyond..

Organic Cannabis is quite literally a scam:

Cannabis is a hyper accumulator of heavy metals. AKA a weed.

Main HM toxicity to Cannabis is manganese.

Only way to prevent Mn toxicity is calmag+fe.

Or legit Cannabis nutes.

Calmag causes numerous problems.

Nute company gets to sell numerous bandaids.

Or they could simply sell legit clean Cannabis nutes...

Clean nutes aren't profitable though.

Enjoy your low quality weed.

Enjoy your heavy metals.

Enjoy your misinfo. (Being told you have Calcium deficiency when your entire farmland is poisoned with excess Mn.)

Seems intentional. Consultants are literally destroying bigger Cannabis fields than the DEA ever did:

View attachment 18945400

That's the weird part about growing weed. Seems like there's an agenda to fuck everyone with bullshit.
I appreciate your input norcal skunk, I’ve switched from dr earth and down to earth to athena nutrients . I was also looking at flora flex and lotus but athena really helped me out with a care package can’t thank them enough.

There is some weird agenda with organic nutrients, it could very well be the only way to be profitable on large scale is to use scraps and never test their products . I like to call that no quality control . I’ve put down the organics for now I think I’ll leave it for the outdoors . ONLY. Haha peace one love

mexweed

Veteran
magnesium sulfate has a lead limit of 10 ppm, notice it says brand will vary

Rgd

Veteran
my organic ferts are mostly worm casting but also hen manure and guano

I did food grade mineral salts for 50 years

Latest posts

Latest posts