What's new

organic Nutrients w/ high heavy metal

Cactus Squatter

Also I guess the big worry here is alot of organic guys re use the soil, living soil . so even if 1.5ppm lead isn’t that much , think of a noo till enviorment reusing that soil constantly adding more amendments/ nutrients that have heavy metals present wouldnt it at some point become toxic ? One love
I’m an organic living soil guy and I have zero worries about this. I don’t use store bought nutes in my bed. It’s all home made compost, Earth worm castings and black soldier fly larva along with rabbit and alpaca manure depending on what I can get my hands on.
I actually don’t know many living soil people that rely on store bought anything.

Reactions: Rgd

Hiddenjems

I’m an organic living soil guy and I have zero worries about this. I don’t use store bought nutes in my bed. It’s all home made compost, Earth worm castings and black soldier fly larva along with rabbit and alpaca manure depending on what I can get my hands on.
I actually don’t know many living soil people that rely on store bought anything.
Have you tested your soil for heavy metals?

heirloomganja

Just like what @troutman wrote earlier, the higher the pH of your soil, the lesser uptake of heavy metals.

1.57 ppm is actually nothing. In medical grade marijuana 20 ppm is allowed.

Cactus Squatter

Have you tested your soil for heavy metals?
I’ve actually been meaning to have it tested again since it’s been 2 years and I have been curious.
Last time I had low levels of copper and cobalt as the highest detected metals, and they were around 2-3ppm. Everything else was extremely low.

I stopped using shellfish products, kelp and rock dusts a while back with a previous mix I ran due to the metal worries.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
my organic ferts are mostly worm casting but also hen manure and guano
Careful, hens fed commercial feed are not a good source of nutes for cannabis. As long as their feed is all kitchen/garden scraps and bugs it's a great source. :)