What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OPOP....One plant..one pound IV

Pumpkin

Veteran
I might have a chance. This haze is about 2 meters high and hasn't started flowering yet.

I'll update you in a couple of months

RealSupreme

Hey mate!!
Great buds pics on this thread :headbange i love ya lovely monster, nice job dude!its a pleasure to enjoy this show"! :lurk:
peace

Last edited:

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
is it feasible to yield opop in a 5 gallon bucket? i know it depends on a lot of thing but is it even possible with typical genetics (yields a 2-4 oz when grown indoors in 2 or 3 gallon buckets).

Pumpkin

Veteran
What's 5 gallons, like 20 lt or something.

In soil mate... not a chance. :bashhead:

Maybe in hydro with that coco stuff... i don't know anything about that though.

Your best chance is to put it in the ground and let your plant grow roots. :jump: Large plants don't live in containers. :nono:

the only way i could see a 5 gal container working is if you convert it into a sort of net pot...drill a bunch of one or one and a half inch holes throught the bucket...this way its portable to your spot but then when you put it in the ground the roots can grow through it...

the more i think about it...once you start drilling more than drain holes its not really a 5 gallong bucket any more. but, if you want to maxamize them yeilds in a 5gal...drill big holes in it and bury that sucka.

jackel

i always like seeing the opop thread. of course i gotta add my hard work. these here averaged 2+ each. the first one yielded a total of exactly 2.5. yea im filling the garden with her this ur :D and starting her earlier inside.

jackel

its a local strain given to me. it was mislabled when they gave it to me (they said it was urkle). but i had urkle already and knew it wasnt urkle. so i named it TGU aka The Great Unknown.
hopin for 5 a girl this yr :D veggin plants inside for a month or 2, to about 3ft tall before going outside.

Jon

Tell me if you guys think I can get a pound off of my Lavender plant.

She was about 26 inches tall and I'm about to top about 5 inches. She was in a 5 gallon bag and was permanently placed outdoors on Sunday in a 10 gallon bag. In July I will transplant her to either an 18 gallon tub with holes drilled or a 25 gallon 1/4 wine barrel.

What do you guys think?

PurpleBuddy

Quite possibly one of the greatest threads of all time, keeping my fingers crossed...Ill try to put some pics up later this season...Jackel , if you look closely you will see an orange power cord behind the pots, took me a while too ;)

Jon

Jon said:
Tell me if you guys think I can get a pound off of my Lavender plant.

She was about 26 inches tall and I'm about to top about 5 inches. She was in a 5 gallon bag and was permanently placed outdoors on Sunday in a 10 gallon bag. In July I will transplant her to either an 18 gallon tub with holes drilled or a 25 gallon 1/4 wine barrel.

What do you guys think?

no ideas?

W

Whatever

no ideas?
That's a great start but by choosing Lavender you're gonna have a hard time getting a stellar yield. I've had it and delicious stuff but a poor yielder. I talked to the grower who held it for a year so knew what he was talking about. Hoever considering the different phenos that show up you could have something that will yield significantly better. He said his cut yielded about half of the other stuff he ran but quality was top notch. It would be better if you don't have to due that transplant in July. For max yields you want to put the plant out and not disturb it again. While a minor hiccup it still affects things.

Jon

Whatever said:
That's a great start but by choosing Lavender you're gonna have a hard time getting a stellar yield. I've had it and delicious stuff but a poor yielder. I talked to the grower who held it for a year so knew what he was talking about. Hoever considering the different phenos that show up you could have something that will yield significantly better. He said his cut yielded about half of the other stuff he ran but quality was top notch. It would be better if you don't have to due that transplant in July. For max yields you want to put the plant out and not disturb it again. While a minor hiccup it still affects things.

I'm afraid of it getting rootbound. Unfortunately, there aren't many high yielding clones in the cali dispensaries. They're mostly low yielding purple strains. Even if I get a half a pound, I'd be really happy. I'm also growing "The Black" from BCBD. Hopefully that will be a good yielder.

W

Whatever

I got about 1 lb from a Trainwreck in a 20 gal bag? It's been a few years on that one but the roots had plenty of room. I'm just saying transplanting can cost you a bit of time as the plant recovers. If done carefully no problem really but I try and avoid transplants and just give the plant a lot of soil to work with from the start. I think you might hit a half pound with that start and strain.