What's new

- Opiated Thai Sticks: Myth or Truth? -

kro-magnon

Veteran
There was hash available in Vietnam? I knew there was weed but didn't know they were also doing hashish in those regions in the 60's
In those tropical region it must a pain the ass to make whatever the method used, it must be so sticky, gooey not very practical.

Last edited:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Truth is no one who claims that the sticks were dipped in opium can know for sure. They were told this by their supplier. A complete myth in my opinion. None of the sticks I ever had, had a remotely opium like high. The high was as unlike an opium high as you could get.

If you look at the book or podcasts "Thai Stick, Surfers, Scammers, the true untold story" they put this claim to rest. They were actually there.

mudballs

Screenshot_20241001-160132_Telegram.jpg

Yeah...one fkn guy settles the whole thing...uh huh

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Truth is no one who claims that the sticks were dipped in opium can know for sure. They were told this by their supplier. A complete myth in my opinion. None of the sticks I ever had, had a remotely opium like high. The high was as unlike an opium high as you could get.

If you look at the book or podcasts "Thai Stick, Surfers, Scammers, the true untold story" they put this claim to rest. They were actually there.
whats ironic about that is folks who say opiated sticks were produced in thailand for export ,
and then say they would like to hear from someone who was there ,
when they do hear , they reject the first hand experience ... crazy stuff indeed ..

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
No i believe you...why on earth would i think in 3000yrs of opium and marijuana cultivation no one ever fkn put the 2 together...
i think most have said that yes , its more than likely true folks did ,
but why do it with your best cannabis if its only going to overpower it ,
might as well add it to some leaf than some good heads if thats the case ,

oh and then its the burning temps required etc ,
but sure its definitely been done ,
for commercial export production , no evidence that has ever happened ,
hence the debate ,, more evidence that it never happened ...

Chi13

ICMag Donor
No i believe you...why on earth would i think in 3000yrs of opium and marijuana cultivation no one ever fkn put the 2 together...
I've personally put them together, but we are discussing Thai Sticks. All we have is a bunch of people in Western countries who claim (because their dealer told them) that the sticks were dipped in opium.

Have you read the book or seen a related podcast?

Another thing is that drug seizures were analysed and I think the press would have been all over a story involving cannabis being laced with a more dangerous drug.

Bottom line for me is that Western consumers would have no way of knowing, whereas those on the ground in Thailand would.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
And among 45M people..."people who were there" is perfectly acceptable? ...i dont think so
I like to deal with actual evidence. There's no evidence of this happening apart from some Western consumers claiming this.

I'm sure out of 45 million people some have mixed cannabis and opium at some point. I did. Saying this was done to exports lacks any evidence.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Q: What is a Thai stick? I always thought it was marijuana wrapped around a stick and enhanced with other drugs. This is from Curious in Tennessee.

PM: That is an urban myth. Basically at the time and growing up I thought the same and they would say, oh, it’s opiated Thai stick, they’re dipped in opium, but in fact it was incredibly strong cannabis sativa that was masterfully tied to a piece of, a small piece of bamboo, often with a thread of hemp fiber.

mudballs

Don't tell me you didn't know i did that?!...gosh...in this tight circle you didn't know? ...odd...wonder if that extrapolates to a few guys knowing wtf 45M people did in 1974-76 thailand?

mudballs

I know saying it's a myth is ignant fkn shit only for forum brawling stripes...cuz the guy that said he saw em is someone not likethed me thinks..?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Don't tell me you didn't know i did that?!...gosh...in this tight circle you didn't know? ...odd...wonder if that extrapolates to a few guys knowing wtf 45M people did in 1974-76 thailand?
i thought u had said your piece several posts ago , hahaha ,,

you are crazy if u think the whole country had a hand in this ,
it was restricted to a few provinces up in the north east ,
once again someone ignorant of the country and what happened in the day strikes again ,
present some solid evidence , first hand experience from reliable source , or dont bother ,
we have enough hearsay and ignorance in this thread already .. it was best u bowed out after you had said your piece ...