What's new

Online Landrace Seed Sourcing Archive

These are the hybrids i have in mind i am about synergy I've put immense amount of thought into these combos and have changed the list 1000's of times..
Ok, you stroke a chord with that word! For me, synergy is probably one of the most fascinating thing about cannabis!

I'm going to go off on a tangent for a bit. Few years ago I was fascinated about perfumes. There are commercial synthetic ones, called 'designer perfumes' because they're usually manufactured by clothing designing companies (like Tom Ford) and then, there's the rest of perfumes like 'niche' and 'artisanal'. The latter is basically the best category, perfumes made by very talented people from the best natural ingredients (some of which are coincidentally found in the same geographical area of the best NLDs, South East Asia).
Usually a trained nose could identify most of the time, most of the ingredients used in the mixture. An 'accord' is defined as being many individuals scents that mix into a completely different and new scent. What is considered to be a 'perfect accord' is when the scents combine in such a manner to the point of the new scent that has been created is so well blended and far from the original ingredients and so unique that even a trained nose could not recognise the ingredients used. That to me would be 'synergistic'.

I think this resembles quite a bit with cannabis, in terms of blending genepools. There are crosses where you can easily identify each trait and figure out which parent or grandparent that particular trait comes from. But every once in a while magic happens, you get this synergistic blend that creates a progeny or a phenotype that is utterly unique and sometimes you can't even recognise the parents' trait, not only that but the progeny is better than each of the parents! Those are the special ones. And just like in perfumery, those synergistic blends don't really happen because of the talent of the breeder, but it's sheer luck most of the time!

I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page. Is this the kind of synergy you're talking about? Or you had a different sense of the word in mind?

Last edited:

acespicoli

@Verdant Whisperer I have to admit I find your lists and the way you are framing it quite intriguing. I haven't got to the chemistry side of cannabis just yet and I don't know much about terpenes and cannabinoids.
How do you classify the terpenes of each strain? You get hints from what they smell like, then infer the most probable combination of the terpenes and then further infer the effects of those combinations? Or is it rather more complex than that (like you maybe have access to some lab equipment and actually test their chemical compounds)?
This is on point, very interesting that you follow the growing environment.
Phenotype
Genotype
Chemotype
Ecotype

Nice thread @Verdant Whisperer thanks for sharing :huggg:

Verdant Whisperer

Ok, you stroke a chord with that word! For me, synergy is probably one of the most fascinating thing about cannabis!

I'm going to go off on a tangent for a bit. Few years ago I was fascinated about perfumes. There are commercial synthetic ones, called 'designer perfumes' because they're usually manufactured by clothing designing companies (like Tom Ford) and then, there's the rest of perfumes like 'niche' and 'artisanal'. The latter is basically the best category, perfumes made by very talented people from the best natural ingredients (some of which are coincidentally found in the same geographical area of the best NLDs, South East Asia).
Usually a trained nose could identify most of the time, most of the ingredients used in the mixture. An 'accord' is defined as being many individuals scents that mix into a completely different and new scent. What is considered to be a 'perfect accord' is when the scents combine in such a manner to the point of the new scent that has been created is so well blended and far from the original ingredients and so unique that even a trained nose could not recognise the ingredients used. That to me would be 'synergistic'.

I think this resembles quite a bit with cannabis, in terms of blending genepools. There are crosses where you can easily identify each trait and figure out which parent or grandparent that particular trait comes from. But every once in a while magic happens, you get this synergistic blend that creates a progeny or a phenotype that is utterly unique and sometimes you can't even recognise the parents' trait, not only that but the progeny is better than each of the parents! Those are the special ones. And just like in perfumery, those synergistic blends don't really happen because of the talent of the breeder, but it's sheer luck most of the time!

I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page. Is this the kind of synergy you're talking about? Or you had a different sense of the word in mind?
WE are on the same page, synergy as in they blend flawlessly enhancing the orginal perfume without taking away from its essence. they share similiar effects, flavors and profiles, not competing with each other for the spotlight, forming a balanced duet.

Verdant Whisperer

This is on point, very interesting that you follow the growing environment.
Phenotype
Genotype
Chemotype
Ecotype

Nice thread @Verdant Whisperer thanks for sharing
As well the list of hybrids was chosen with my climate and growing conditions in mind, and some of the strains are grown during diferent times of the year the short season crops are started later so they dont finish in the rains and ussualy grow into nice little 2-3ft tall plants. the indicas and hybrids grow about a foot but will finish okay int he dry sesaon in my tropical highlands climate that doesnt get too hot.

Last edited:

Verdant Whisperer

. And just like in perfumery, those synergistic blends don't really happen because of the talent of the breeder, but it's sheer luck most of the time!
I have to agree that my outlook and style is unique due to my education from cannabis being one of creativity and discovery, I go for what makes sense, and the idea of synergy and crafting strains for your environment that will thirve with the profile and effects you like is the idea. i dont have time to waste trying to get lucky, this is a big investment in my life , you live once and each grow i a memory and special part of our life, and time and i want to get things right from the startt with proper research and though. not everything works out always but its more likely to workout is you have a logical hypothesis based on understandings than just trying to get lucky and think it will work. its complex my perspective to combingin the landraces. I am glad you guys find it unique and it makes me happy to have such interest and positive feedback. and if anyone has a question about a cross for a specific location and effect/flavors i enjoy being a match-maker. I intalliy made this list for myself, to compare landraces, then wanted to share it bcause it was alot of work and i thought others would appreciat it.

Last edited:
I have to agree that my outlook and style is unique due to my education from cannabis being one of creativity and discovery, I go for what makes sense, and the idea of synergy and crafting strains for your environment that will thirve with the profile and effects you like is the idea. i dont have time to waste trying to get lucky, this is a big investment in my life , you live once and each grow i a memory and special part of our life, and time and i want to get things right from the startt with proper research and though. not everything works out always but its more likely to workout is you have a logical hypothesis based on understandings than just trying to get lucky and think it will work. its complex my perspective to combingin the landraces. I am glad you guys find it unique and it makes me happy to have such interest and positive feedback. and if anyone has a question about a cross for a specific location and effect/flavors i enjoy being a match-maker. I intalliy made this list for myself, to compare landraces, then wanted to share it bcause it was alot of work and i thought others would appreciat it.
Absolutely! Being educated, informed and intentional does increase one's chances (sometimes by A LOT).
I ment that statistically! Most of breeders are not doing that, and that is reflected in the fact that most of the famous hybrids were the result of happy accidents.
Playing with that synergy and being intentional about it is definitely extremely difficult (one of the many reasons I am focused solely on preservation and I wouldn't even dream about breeding).
That is not to say there aren't any good breeders and everything is an accident. Luther Burbank and Nevil were up to something, no one can be THAT lucky!

Verdant Whisperer

Absolutely! Being educated, informed and intentional does increase one's chances (sometimes by A LOT).
I ment that statistically! Most of breeders are not doing that, and that is reflected in the fact that most of the famous hybrids were the result of happy accidents.
Playing with that synergy and being intentional about it is definitely extremely difficult (one of the many reasons I am focused solely on preservation and I wouldn't even dream about breeding).
That is not to say there aren't any good breeders and everything is an accident. Luther Burbank and Nevil were up to something, no one can be THAT lucky!
I am solely focused on preservation mostly as well, <3 these are hybridss i can make while preserving the strains as well by mixing in f1 female donors into the reproductions so i can kilk 2 birds with one stone, preserve the landraces and make desirable f1's that are acclimated for the locals to grow sin-semilla.

Latest posts

Latest posts