What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons

shigoga

yuo have a phone with alightmeter? ill be keen to know what lumen difference on certain place you have comparing hps to led

i use my android phone with a free app called light meter, it uses the sensor that every phone has above the screen so it knows when to dim the screen and when to up the brightness, from what i've seen online its about as accurate as a proper lux meter but only if the phone is directly facing the light source, since a proper lux meter has a sort of dome you can measure light at an angle, the sensor on a phone is flat so you gotta position it directly facing the light source.

Heres a little tomato setup i have in the office in DWC:
LpKxrCe.jpg

At the canopy the light meter measures about 59k lux, this is from a single 15w 4000k LED bulb at about 5 inches from the light.

8ynwpcw.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I got mine as a freebie as well, been growing her for about a year. Once cured it has a nice earthy smoke with coffee notes.

Samuel Caldwell

Here's my light array. The plant on the left got started a bit later than the one on the right plus she got topped. Lots of bending and some LST on the right one to keep her height under control. I'm looking forward to seeing how the LEDs do in flower.

picture.php

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Sam, you're going to REALLY like that setup! Nice job.

Have you tried a scrog on any of ace seeds long flowering sativas?

I've always run screens until I switched to the 16w LEDs - the penetration is so good that I just top the plants now. Now a bit of minor LST to spread the plant out and you're good to go.

Equatorial sativas (hazes for example) do very well topped and screened. Really thin leafed phenos will require additional support or a second screen above the first toward the end of flowering. I used two upper halves of tomato cages, zip tied together with a screen on top. Later in flower, bamboo canes were zip tied to the legs of the tomato cages to support the taller branches.

Heres a very root bound and angry at me Zamaldelica x [Purple Haze x (White Widow x Purple Thai-Skunk)] starting out in said screen / early flower / late flower:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I am at 51w per sqft. Is this too much? lol. I think I stick with it as my temps are ok.

You sir, are nuts. :biggrin: My veg rivals outdoor growth and is setup at 20w per sqft. The above images were flowering at 22w per sqft. I figured I was being ridiculous at 35w, but DAAAMN Daniel! 50w per sqft has to be like standing on the sun! :laughing: Are you still getting .8-1gpw or have we found the point of diminishing returns yet?

Medfinder

Chemon 91
99 cent store had 10 or 11 watt floodlight r 30

going to see if i can get 10 to 16 of um hooked up.

estimated 16000 lumen.

4 x 4.