What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

NOT AGAIN, you won't steal reggaeton

Ok, i'm tired of people taking credit away from my people for salsa, when the most famous perfourmers are, surprise, puertorican/newyorican, and in fact, it was born in new york from PUERTORICAN immingrants, not cubans.

Cuban salsa and Puerto Rican salsa are very much different because of the result of mixing the original(puertorican) sala with guaguanco and other cuban rythms.

Now, reggaeton, ok, the 3+2 base was born from the mix of jamaican dancehall rythms and (surprise) salsa inpanama, but the actual sound of reggaeton, and the ORIGINAL productions, ie, not based on jamaican riddim releases(which is still how they do it in panama after more than 20 years :S) started in puerto rico with playero/nelson.

so all you spaniards, all you mexicans, all you argentinians, everyone... whilst we enjoy that you love our music, please, do give credit where credit is due. reggaeton is NOT a latino rythm.... reggaeton is a PUERTO RICAN rythm...

flame away, haha

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nothing like salsa fresh from the garden!! Fresh torts woohoo

miss nycdf

How this thread went from reggaeton to corn chips and salsa I don't know... but its pretty funny..lol

and yes, fresh salsa is awesome. especially with TONS of cilantro.. yum

miss nycdf

every damn reggaeton track sounds exactly the same to me.. with the exception of a few different lyrics, its all the same beats..

i doubt a lot of stoners sit there listening to daddy yankee all day :biglaugh:

i's true what you guys say about it sounding all the same, but it's the big production houses' fault. luny tunes and the likes have taken the "piece together premade grooves" approach.

imma try to post some stuff by my friend, he's the next big thing... i swear, his style is rough but it is so fucking unique.. in reggaeton, hip hop, ska or whatever. the kid is mighty fucked in the head, but boy can he make a mean beat and make some good lyrics...

btw, want good reggaeton?

ñejo
tego calderon
la sista
chyno nyno
baby rasta
eddie dee
cosculluela
gastam
hector el father(when he's battling only :p)
gallego

production wise... ecko is fucking hot, visitante calle13(he's the real talent behind residente, resi is an idiot, i knwo him personally), nelson and some people that you just won't find on the internet because they;re bootleggers.

seriously, it's just like hip hop, there's crap, and then there's the real shit.

Last edited:
do you guys really have no more imagination than all saying you like chips and salsa?

at least the people that said reggaeton sucks said something related to the fucking thread. imma go hijack some grow diaries, dammit.

Latest posts

Latest posts