What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Nobody's Nursery

Nobody's Nursery

How's the hunt so far, man?
Interested in seeing/hearing progeny feedback.

Progeny should be woody, leather, and musky/dark incense, right?

How much of the mirakel comes through vs the A5 clone?

You must have smoked the cross, how does it compare to mom/elite dad crosses?

thanks
I finished the A5ix hunt and have the keeper backed up and cloned.
I haven't been posting much on public forums this last season....so not much documentation on all the newer stuff.

The progeny has the same profile as the A5 clone. Leather, incense, liver meat, woody.
The A5 is dominant in the progeny and easy to find that profile.

I feel like the A5ix keeper I found is essentially an improved version of the original A5 clone. I'm running the A5ix in place of the original A5 for market flower now because the A5ix is louder, stronger, kinder and easier to grow. It's an all around improvement IMO without going in a new direction with the terp profile.

The original A5 is kinda depressing and moody. Most people don't realize that if that haven't smoked it. The Mirakel really helped improve the high and smooth out the come down.

Nobody's Nursery

1000000066.jpg

A5ix light dep.

Nobody's Nursery

I have a lot of promising finalists from this year's hunts. I did two waves this year. First wave was all hazes.....second wave was all Kush, Afghani and hybrids.

I have several new Original Haze moms to share and some NL5 Haze types too.

I worked the Bandaid Haze again this year and found some new moms/males in the IX3 and also ran some F2s Doc made from the BH7 and found some nice long flowering examples in that line too. Ran the Church Miracle and it yielded some keepers as well. So....there is a whole bunch of new BH work to share.

Also found keepers in the SC Blue Dream and Chernobyl crosses with the A5htbx male.

I have about a dozen plants backed up from the Tom Hills Haze repo that Tom did.

Backed up a few long flowering Haze phenos from Todd's OH. Lots of mexi in the line but there was a few legit thai phenos.

Found some nice Haze leaning phenos in the White Haze x Dragon Energy and a resinous male.

There is a bunch of shit I'm forgetting but long story short it was a productive year of hunting.

Right now I'm doing re-veg and indoor testing on the hazes. Kushes are getting ready to harvest any day now.

I haven't been posting much about the new shit because I'm busy growing all day but I'm gonna start posting more in a few months when the workload simmers down.....This phenohunt lifestyle ain't easy.

EnjoyingLife

I have a lot of promising finalists from this year's hunts. I did two waves this year. First wave was all hazes.....second wave was all Kush, Afghani and hybrids.

I have several new Original Haze moms to share and some NL5 Haze types too.

I worked the Bandaid Haze again this year and found some new moms/males in the IX3 and also ran some F2s Doc made from the BH7 and found some nice long flowering examples in that line too. Ran the Church Miracle and it yielded some keepers as well. So....there is a whole bunch of new BH work to share.

Also found keepers in the SC Blue Dream and Chernobyl crosses with the A5htbx male.

I have about a dozen plants backed up from the Tom Hills Haze repo that Tom did.

Backed up a few long flowering Haze phenos from Todd's OH. Lots of mexi in the line but there was a few legit thai phenos.

Found some nice Haze leaning phenos in the White Haze x Dragon Energy and a resinous male.

There is a bunch of shit I'm forgetting but long story short it was a productive year of hunting.

Right now I'm doing re-veg and indoor testing on the hazes. Kushes are getting ready to harvest any day now.

I haven't been posting much about the new shit because I'm busy growing all day but I'm gonna start posting more in a few months when the workload simmers down.....This phenohunt lifestyle ain't easy.
What'd you select for in the females\males in the bh IX3, along with the Chernobyl a5t cross?

Would you say you prefer the mexi or thai from Todd's work?

PlasmaTube

What'd you select for in the females\males in the bh IX3, along with the Chernobyl a5t cross?

Great question on the selection.

Sidenote: Has Todd ever claimed Mexi in his stock from Sam? AG site and Todd (podcasts and phone convo) claims pure Colombian hybrid.

Tom's Posi stock is more Thai influenced based on Tom's and forum records.

Nobody's Nursery

This hunt through the BH was all about green phenos. Longer flowering floral wet basement types.

The Chernobyl cross I was looking for the same terp profile as Chernobyl with minimal A5 undertone.

Nobody's Nursery

Great question on the selection.

Sidenote: Has Todd ever claimed Mexi in his stock from Sam? AG site and Todd (podcasts and phone convo) claims pure Colombian hybrid.

Tom's Posi stock is more Thai influenced based on Tom's and forum records.
Todd claimed that RKS terps came from people using sulfur burners back in the day.....so basically I take all of his origin stories with a grain of salt.

I've grown a good amount of mexi seed from brick weed when I was younger. There are distinct smells and structures that I remember from the mexi brick seeds.....I saw a good amount of those types in Todd's OH progeny. Mixed in with what I am calling mexi phenos was some green "Thai types" that smell similar to Tom Hills Haze.

Tom Hills Repo seems open pollinates but also selected toward the drug phenos at the same time. So there is less variety in smell from Toms and a higher incident of Green Pheno keepers.

Maybe I'm calling Columbian "mexi" I don't know. But I know the brown/purple phenos are not as good. Todd's has that brown type mixed in there at significant levels and you have to select around it.

I did find 3 nice females from Todd's that are the pheno I like.....so it's not trash. I just feel like Todd's is a little more raw and has a higher percentage of non keepers.

I found 7 female finalists in Toms repo. Twice the amount from the same size hunt as Todd's.

Either way you can find good OH moms in either line if you do the work. IMO Tom Hill is a better Haze breeder and his seeds reflect that.

PlasmaTube

Todd claimed that RKS terps came from people using sulfur burners back in the day.....so basically I take all of his origin stories with a grain of salt.

I've grown a good amount of mexi seed from brick weed when I was younger. There are distinct smells and structures that I remember from the mexi brick seeds.....I saw a good amount of those types in Todd's OH progeny. Mixed in with what I am calling mexi phenos was some green "Thai types" that smell similar to Tom Hills Haze.

Tom Hills Repo seems open pollinates but also selected toward the drug phenos at the same time. So there is less variety in smell from Toms and a higher incident of Green Pheno keepers.

Maybe I'm calling Columbian "mexi" I don't know. But I know the brown/purple phenos are not as good. Todd's has that brown type mixed in there at significant levels and you have to select around it.

I did find 3 nice females from Todd's that are the pheno I like.....so it's not trash. I just feel like Todd's is a little more raw and has a higher percentage of non keepers.

I found 7 female finalists in Toms repo. Twice the amount from the same size hunt as Todd's.

Either way you can find good OH moms in either line if you do the work. IMO Tom Hill is a better Haze breeder and his seeds reflect that.
What would you say the numbers were like terp wise for Todds?
I have grown and smelled spicy/peppery, C5ish/terpinolene, incense/frankincense. What would you say?
And when you say majority, I'm assuming you're meaning the spicy pheno, right?
Good to hear that Tom's % were good for the drug type rather than reggie kush, lol. 100 seed hunts aren't always practical or doable for some, so the number game favoring a good find makes me happy.
Mr. Toad's Haze4Dayz (TFD stock) that I tried had a very strong musk and spice/pepper. I had that and an OHz at the time. And the H4D was way louder and deeper on the musky spice. It smelled really raw. Shit had a dreamy meth high. Head was warm and the high was very electric. Todd's was super clean and clear.

......I love haze

thanks, man

Nobody's Nursery

What would you say the numbers were like terp wise for Todds?
I have grown and smelled spicy/peppery, C5ish/terpinolene, incense/frankincense. What would you say?
And when you say majority, I'm assuming you're meaning the spicy pheno, right?
Good to hear that Tom's % were good for the drug type rather than reggie kush, lol. 100 seed hunts aren't always practical or doable for some, so the number game favoring a good find makes me happy.
Mr. Toad's Haze4Dayz (TFD stock) that I tried had a very strong musk and spice/pepper. I had that and an OHz at the time. And the H4D was way louder and deeper on the musky spice. It smelled really raw. Shit had a dreamy meth high. Head was warm and the high was very electric. Todd's was super clean and clear.

......I love haze

thanks, man
Idk what you mean by terps numbers on Todd's....

C5ish Terpenoline, soapy tropical smells I like... Those types I call "green haze".
Incense frankincense leather is nice too....that's what I call "brown haze"
Musky spicy smells are basically part of the brown spectrum in my mind.

When I say mexi I'm talking about a maroon/purple stem type with a slightly sweet leather and fruit smell. Not sharp like C5ish or savory like the brown types....more of a dull sweet fruit smell and a slight astringent sativa high note over the top. Ditch weed structure. Has a stupifying shitty sinking feeling to it. That's the ones I don't like. I didn't see any of those types in toms repo or Bob Hemphills f3s.....traces of that type were all through the progeny in Todd's recent repo line. Maybe it just bred out of the positronics shit. Idk.

I'm working on getting more seeds for next year's hunts now.....I would run 100 haze4dayz OH if I could find em in time.